OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually started, slowly, further back. I don't think old man Rhoden was wealthy at all. His wife divorced him when he was in prison or was just getting out (the obit lists her as his wife but she was not. They'd been divorced for years.). So, I'm not sure how that all played out w/finances. I do think there was a split in the family over it all. Some sided w/the mother and others sided w/the father. I have no link, it's just the way it "feels" from reading all of this for nearly two months now. KR was a very good mechanic, and CR1 apparently was pretty good too, DR had a steady job at the nursing home, and then, I think they got to winning some money at derbies, fixing and selling cars, and along came the idea for the mj, and the chickens (we are not sure they were fighting them but could have been selling them, which is legal). Then, I think they may have gotten into another idea and that's when things went haywire. At least that's one of my theories. All of this money could be put into the bank from everything except the mj.

Thank you that explains why the children inherited the land and not the mother.

Does anyone else think maybe in the beginning it was Kenneth and Gary vs Chris sr.. Then after sr is dead, Kenneth kills Gary then goes back to his house and commit suicide? Doubtful but I do wonder if Kenneth's death could be suicide and DS hid the gun?

Sorry for double posting but basically what I'm saying is this could just be an old fashioned family feud, it definitely has the formula.

With that said, I did see on a news video that there are 3 different cartel gangs in the area

I've read it. I'm not buying what he's selling on that one either. I read in another article it was b/c they found Mexican food wrappers/food items at the camp sites that he connected those dots. A lot of people camp out w/their outdoor plants, especially near harvest time, to keep people from stealing them. A lot of people eat Mexican food. A.) It's tasty. B.) It's easy. I'm not really gee'in and hawin' w/his idea of what a sophisticated grow op is either. I still can't get over the fact that he didn't know what gamecocks were.

Calm down! Calm down! lol! I like your spirit!

Sorry for double posting but basically what I'm saying is this could just be an old fashioned family feud, it definitely has the formula.

With that said, I did see on a news video that there are 3 different cartel gangs in the area

Yikes. For one thing, they do not tend to coexist very well in the same area. Here's a link to an article that brings up the 3 cartels. Sinaloa and Los Zetas are particularly violent. Mexican Mafia, I thought that is a street gang.

http://www.cleveland.com/darcy/index.ssf/2016/05/ohio_battleground_state_for_ca.html

I'd not rule out some sort of family feud but I don't think KR committed suicide. They'd have been able to tell from so many different things like gunpowder residue, placement of hands, angle of entry of the bullet wound, etc. I don't doubt that there's connections to cartels and gangs but I don't think they are just camped out in the forests of Appalachia. I think the main gangs are closer to CA and have someone here connecting w/them and running an operation themselves. Kind of a big fish in a small pond. Just my theory based on the Ky. deal where the "special deputy" got caught. That was just nuts!

Calm down! Calm down! lol! I like your spirit!

LOL! Sorry, I get a bit carried away. It's not meant negatively toward any posters. I kinda type like I talk I guess. :happydance:

I'd not rule out some sort of family feud but I don't think KR committed suicide. They'd have been able to tell from so many different things like gunpowder residue, placement of hands, angle of entry of the bullet wound, etc. I don't doubt that there's connections to cartels and gangs but I don't think they are just camped out in the forests of Appalachia. I think the main gangs are closer to CA and have someone here connecting w/them and running an operation themselves. Kind of a big fish in a small pond. Just my theory based on the Ky. deal where the "special deputy" got caught. That was just nuts!

I do not think they have ever said KR was definitely not a suicide. They did say it did not appear to be a murder suicide.

LOL! Sorry, I get a bit carried away. It's not meant negatively toward any posters. I kinda type like I talk I guess. :happydance:

I do the same thing and in no way was offended or took it negatively. I could "hear" the conviction in your post and I liked it! :laughing:It cracked me up!

I do the same thing and in no way was offended or took it negatively. I could "hear" the conviction in your post and I liked it! :laughing:It cracked me up!

I'm glad no offense was taken, and that I added a bit of levity. :)

I do not think they have ever said KR was definitely not a suicide. They did say it did not appear to be a murder suicide.
They've said there were no indications that any of the victim's death were caused by suicide. It's just my belief that if any of them had committed suicide as a part of this that it would have had to have been on the death cert. as self-inflicted. I also think we'd know it by now too, it would be too easy for them to ascertain that, and too hard for the families to not let that slip. Just like GR's father let slip about his cause of death being three gunshots to the head and that there were two different types of shell casings before any of the death certs were released, and the shell casings have yet to be released but he's heard that somewhere, I'm sure.

I've read it. I'm not buying what he's selling on that one either. I read in another article it was b/c they found Mexican food wrappers/food items at the camp sites that he connected those dots. A lot of people camp out w/their outdoor plants, especially near harvest time, to keep people from stealing them. A lot of people eat Mexican food. A.) It's tasty. B.) It's easy. I'm not really gee'in and hawin' w/his idea of what a sophisticated grow op is either. I still can't get over the fact that he didn't know what gamecocks were.

Me either. I just never read the official quote by Jill Del Greco - it actually sounds diversionary... like saying you don't know what a gamecock is.

How about another twist. What if some avid hunters are suddenly being denied access to prime hunting land they had used for years. There are definitely reasons that could happen if you have a crop you don't want found. If the hunters are well known family friends, they could feel very upset about the change...

Most of the cartel people are in the cities ( including Cbus, Cincy, Dayton, and Cleveland) where they can blend in with the Mexican communities.
As far as the forests, it is a common MO for cartel grow sites. It has been a big problem for some time out West, particularly California.

There is a book, “CARTEL: THE COMING INVASION OF MEXICO’S DRUG WARS" by SYLVIA LONGMIRE that is an eye opener as to cartel presence and operations in the US.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RIP the victims and prayers for survivors in Orlando...

Most of the cartel people are in the cities ( including Cbus, Cincy, Dayton, and Cleveland) where they can blend in with the Mexican communities.
As far as the forests, it is a common MO for cartel grow sites. It has been a big problem for some time out West, particularly California.

There is a book, “CARTEL: THE COMING INVASION OF MEXICO’S DRUG WARS" by SYLVIA LONGMIRE that is an eye opener as to cartel presence and operations in the US.

There are a large number of Mexicans moving into the rural areas and small towns of Midwestern Ohio. Small school districts are hiring bilingual teachers. Cartel members could hide in plain sight...

GR's dad said he was told by the funeral director GR had 3 shots to the head and 2 different sizes of casings were found in the house.

I can see it in the big cities but honestly around here folks camp out like that with their grow sites and it's a fairly high percentage of white folks in the region. A friend moved here from a large city, where they'd lived all their life, and said they'd never seen so many white people in their life (and this person is white). Also, on a side note, adjusting to the much slower pace that first few months was kinda hard on them too. Not that there aren't other races living in the region, but even if someone who is white moves into the area, I guarantee someone will know about it. I'd just find it hard to be inconspicuous. I've been wrong before though. Now back when tobacco was king there were quite a few more Mexicans living here during the season and I could see how it could be done as the seasons would almost match. I just rarely see any now. It's just the demographics of this region. A lot of Scotch-Irish settled the region and generations later they're still here. Hanging onto your land is important to a lot of folks.

It seems to me that the Mexican population trying to make a living legally aren't doing as much seasonal work as the past. The seem to be living in areas where they can secure full time jobs. Raised in the Tex. panhandle, they worked with local farmers, or in the oil
field. When living in southern Kan., they worked for Nat. Beef- meat processing, or Purina, or a feed lot. Then Seaboard pig farm moved in Okla panhandle about 20 miles SW from us, that drew a lot of the Mexican workers also. Natives to the area always said they would take those types of jobs because it was hard smelly work nobody else wanted to do! I have read ads looking for seasonal help, especially during harvest, because unless someone really needs a job, they don't want seasonal work. But even in small towns, I never had thought newcomers were noticed much unless you had kids in school. IDK, maybe I just didn't notice! I just can't see the majority of small towns paying much attention to newcomers, unless they don't speak English.

It seems to me that the Mexican population trying to make a living legally aren't doing as much seasonal work as the past. The seem to be living in areas where they can secure full time jobs. Raised in the Tex. panhandle, they worked with local farmers, or in the oil
field. When living in southern Kan., they worked for Nat. Beef- meat processing, or Purina, or a feed lot. Then Seaboard pig farm moved in Okla panhandle about 20 miles SW from us, that drew a lot of the Mexican workers also. Natives to the area always said they would take those types of jobs because it was hard smelly work nobody else wanted to do! I have read ads looking for seasonal help, especially during harvest, because unless someone really needs a job, they don't want seasonal work. But even in small towns, I never had thought newcomers were noticed much unless you had kids in school. IDK, maybe I just didn't notice! I just can't see the majority of small towns paying much attention to newcomers, unless they don't speak English.

Small town folk notice a lot of stuff. There's not much to do in small towns so when anyone moves in someone knows all about them. And, in towns where the populations are probably 97% white, it would be noticeable. Not b/c of racism but b/c you would just notice. It would be like me moving into a small Mexican community. I'd stick out like a sore thumb. I went into a small diner in a little, predominantly Mexican community, while I was traveling out west, and everyone in there stared at me! Super nice to me, but when I first walked in, I could tell, that not many white folk stopped in there very often. Either that or I had something from breakfast that I'd not got wiped off of my face. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj