OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Apr 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

2. winterrose

winterrose New Member

What gets me is the door was locked, there was a key around there. Bobbi said she knew where the key was at, and unlocked it obviously. The suspects either knew where the key was by being there before and seeing them place the key somewhere, or they had been watching from a distance in the preplanning. It's a freaky thought thinking people would be watching to execute people.

3. Elley Mae

Elley Mae Well-Known Member

Dep. Brain Reader is the ticketing officer in 2007, is he the same as, Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader in this case? idk jmo

4. KKearns

I've heard 10 miles and 30 miles. The relative that says he lives 500 ft from the 4th scene says he lives in Rarden if that helps.

I think I heard 30 on the news the day it happened.

5. K.L.Puyallup

K.L.Puyallup New Member

Someone suggested yesterday that the perpetrators first went to the property on Left Fork, where they may have demanded some information pertaining to the larger property before killing him. If that's the case (I find that to be plausible), they may have obtained a key to the property from that scene.

6. KKearns

Usually hidden keys aren't hard to find either. Most people really put them under plant pots or noticeable rocks, etc.

7. Elley Mae

bbm, bump

8. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

9. KKearns

Some locals are talking on the T place about issues previously with the LE and judicial system if people want to take a look.

10. Adt1984

Adt1984 Well-Known Member

I think 30 is very inaccurate. More like a 10 minute drive. Not sure it makes much difference in the grand scheme of things but the 4th crime scene is much closer than some are saying.

11. Toralei

Toralei New Member

I had originally thought media reports stated it was 0.3 miles away. But that still isn't a 10 minute drive. 3 miles maybe....

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

12. Meemaw12

Meemaw12 Well-Known Member

13. KKearns

I don't know about there, but here, just in a somewhat rural area, there is a man that has hundreds of fighting cocks. Their cages all lined up are very visible from the road, a road that the sherrif's dept travels several times a day.

Nothing is ever done about it, not even animal control or zoning will touch it. I don't know if he just sells them, fights them or both. It seems many times this type thing is overlooked in many places until something big happens.

14. birpu

birpu New Member

Maybe they had an order to fill and their plants weren't ready yet.

15. Adt1984

Adt1984 Well-Known Member

It's actually 6.6 miles according to my phone.

I'm also surprised by how many have said people around here don't lock their doors. I find that to be a an inaccurate assumption. I don't know anyone who doesn't lock their doors a night. I even keep my doors locked during the day and I live in a really nice country town with lots of neighbors.
    Not sure where this misconception comes from that people who live in the country sleep with their doors open at night. Maybe some do but my husband's family is from a rural area not far from where the crimes were committed and I've never heard of such things.

I've also never heard of drug cartels in the area and had no idea such a thing even existed around here. I've read a few articles that say otherwise but that's the first I've heard of organized drug crime in the area and I've lived here all my life. (31 years)

This whole ordeal is so bizarre.

16. Elley Mae

17. KKearns

I never locked my door in the country, even all day when I was gone to work and at night.

I'm not in the country anymore and my door is never unlocked.

18. branwynbreeze

branwynbreeze Well-Known Member

In CNN report it was said family was being stalked. I do not think they would still have their growing setup if they were the people involved in recent drug bust, but what if someone believed they were involved with info to LE before or after?

Not sure about Cartel, not even sure it was 100% about drugs. I don't know family dynamics within town, but they seemed to stick together-take on one,take on all. Early this morning CNN was reporting a good friend of Dana's said something like who doesn't have skeletons in their closet.

19. K.L.Puyallup

K.L.Puyallup New Member

BBM- If they were acting as informants to the FBI, they would absolutely still have their grow set up. LE would want to see where that cannabis was going, whose hands it was changing with, what the scope was, etc. They would have to continue on as if nothing was happening, to properly investigate and collect evidence.

20. KKearns

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.