OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an unsolved murder of a man and his girlfriend that happened in 2006 and there is an article about it dated 2012. Is that the case that's being referenced here? Or are there 2 similar homicide cases 6 years apart?
If the murders happened in 2012, I would find it highly unlikely that someone would wait 4 years to get revenge. Unless they just very recently discoveredwho they believe were responsible.
And even more unlikely that this was revenge from a 2006 murder.

Re: waiting four years, or whatever amount of time: speaking generally, it would work if the person who wanted revenge had been locked up. Nursing a grudge for that long could really build up some rage.

There's absolutely no way someone killed 8 people over a $3000 car!! I guess anything is possible, but I don't believe for a second that's what happened.

[video=twitter;724755603126640640]https://twitter.com/JEGenovese/status/724755603126640640[/video]

John Genovese ‏@JEGenovese 2h2 hours ago
NOW: @BCSOalerts incident command center arrives to Pike County @WCPO

Cg7ZW3lWkAAxOQ6.jpg

I posted a similar post in the first thread an I still haven't seen anything that convinces me otherwise. This was either revenge or robbery and I think Gary is the key in either scenario.

I've seen time and time again, go with the most common scenario which in this case would be robbery. I think Gary came from KY and brought the perpetrators with him.

They'd probably been growing since they were young adults together .. Chris, Gary & Kenny (and probably a few other family members involved too..). Chris was most likely the brains. Kenny was the loner who lived off grid back up in the woods. Gary, the cousin lives in Kentucky about an hour South. We'll call this group the enterprise.

They were growing about 200 plants. Not 'cartel weight'. 'The enterprise' probably started out much smaller. Growing for their own and a bit to sell for extra cash. Grew a bit. Learned how to grow indoors. Maybe sold some clones to other growers, Sold some bags to friend's, but it was all 'the circle'.

By 'the circle, I mean that many of these people have known each other from kindergarten and probably went to school together their entire life. As adults, they've seen each other in town, at the local festivals, perhaps in the local bars on a Friday or Saturday night and many times in church the following Sunday morning. They know who the snitches are, they know who's straight .. they know who smokes dope and who they can go to to get a bag of the good homegrown.

Back to the theory. As the enterprise got bigger, they needed a larger market to move sell the product has been going for 15-20 years. The cash has grown well beyond 'a little extra cash". Cousin Gary (and other family) an hour South are known and trusted. Weed begins to flow South and cash flows North. A lot of cash. They buy and sell used cars and hold "self employed" type of jobs; the women work to provide insurance and a bit extra legitimate money. They get into hobbies that doesn't require a lot of record keeping. Demo cars, coon hunting, *advertiser censored* fighting, probably other ways to spend cash. Cash still builds up.

Someone from the enterprise (either the Ohio or the KY branch) got loose lips and bragged. They told somebody. They told the wrong, somebody(ies). I'ms assuming that they came up from KY with Gary, but it could have been Chris or Kenneth or more likely one of the kids.

Someone(s) very evil found out that there was a lot of cash there.

Again, I'm assuming that the 'very evil someone(s)' came with (a duped) Gary with robbery on their mind. Probably something as simple as "Hey, can your cousin in Ohio get me *advertiser censored* weight of weed"? Probably these "evil someone(s)" had made purchase before. Maybe even been to Chris's before.

Why I assume Gary? Because if you are visiting from out of town, you stop and see family in the area. If you follow the map from Greenup, KY to Union Hill Road, you would first pass by the Left Fork address. "Let's stop and see my Cousin Kenny". Drink a few beers, burn a joint, etc. After leaving Kenny's, they head on to Chris Sr.'s. "Hey, let me run up to my cousin Dana's. Because if you are the visiting cousin from an hour away, what are you going to do while in town? That's right, you are going to stop and see the new baby.

Gary with the evil someone(s) in tow, visit Kenny's and Dana's and Chris's houses that night, most likely ending up at Chris's where they meet Frankie. They party and BS for a while. "Here, hit this one". At some point (prearranged signal?) the evil someone's reveal their purpose.. For my purposes, I'm assuming the that Gary & the evil someone(s) didn't arrive until later at night due to the lack of evidence ... if they'd been around very long, they'd have left more evidence.

<this is happening at Chris's>"We're here for the money, give it to us or else".

Things go bad. The perps pull their guns. Chirs and/or Gary try to fight back and/or try to get to a gun. Bang. Bang. Chris, hit stumbles down the hall. Bang, bang. Kill shot on Gary. Kill shot on Chris. Out the door. Take care of the son we met that lives next door (and HHG). Where next? Up to Dana's house. Bang, bang bang, remove any evidence (beer cans(?)) you left there. Head back South to Kentucky stopping by 799 Left Fork on your way out of town. Bang.

Okay, shoot holes in it WS'rs :).

I wonder what neighbor he would be, how close to the scenes he was.

ETA: So does this imply second and third entry were forced entry? Which locations were everyone at? Sorry, I'm trying to keep up.

I don't know the answers to either question and I was wondering the exact same things! Sorry!

But the 1st place had the door locked when the sister in law got there.

Possible, don't know.. They are withholding so much information. They said earlier they wouldn't tell if any houses had forced entry or not, then they did. That is the 2nd time they have said they wouldn't answer something and then did it later.

i dont think its unusaly to have a bunch of chickens. my granny, before she had her stroke and died, kept about 50 chickens in one big cage that had smaller cages in it. she toook care of them like her children. so most people who keep chickens arent keeping them to use in cockfighting. :twocents:

But are they talking first location of killing? That one and no forced entry and the door locked is kinda odd.

So there was forced entry into two and three and they were likely killed while sleeping, with forced entry and dogs around.

Trying to figure out what he meant
No idea about 2 and 3

I was thinking order of killings but don't think he meant that so it has to be order of 911 calls. Other than that I have no idea.

[video=twitter;724755603126640640]https://twitter.com/JEGenovese/status/724755603126640640[/video]

John Genovese &#8207;@JEGenovese 2h2 hours ago
NOW: @BCSOalerts incident command center arrives to Pike County @WCPO

View attachment 92615
Hmm...

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I hate Nancy Grace and watched her to see the coverage on this. She is all over the death of Prince though.

dont get me wrong, i loved me some prince, but cmon NG! i think this horrific crime needs your attention. get off the celebrity soapbox and get back to crime stories. :shakehead:

I'm inclined to think it's either a family thing (probably over money or inheritance) or possibly revenge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont think its unusaly to have a bunch of chickens. my granny, before she had her stroke and died, kept about 50 chickens in one big cage that had smaller cages in it. she toook care of them like her children. so most people who keep chickens arent keeping them to use in cockfighting. :twocents:

Yes, but look at Frankie Rhoden's facebook "likes".

I was all about family or revenge thing..until they started this "sophisticated" crime deal. I now have to wonder if this is what is really considered a sophisticated crime?

I am new here but have been reading the forum while waiting for my approval. Raising game fowl is part of Appalachian culture as well. A purebred game rooster can bring $1,000+

It would be a mistake to extrapolate from someone's accent and dialect and conclude based on that that they aren't capable of a complex plan or sophisticated crime.

P.S. General comment, not in response to Kkearn or any other specific post.

Okay, shoot holes in it WS'rs :).

rsbm due to length

Very plausible.

Could be that the 'someones' came up with Gary because they are originally from the area and 'wanted to go to the festival' while Gary visited his family. Drive up together to save on gas. They hid out in the woods instead (because the festival was an excuse) and struck during the night. Hence no evidence of them having been at the homes and no tire tracks. Hiding out by the homes also gave them time to observe the area and possibly the movements of the Rhodens. They may have still been familiar with the dogs because they used to hang out there often before they moved.

Do we know the transportation Gary took from Kentucky?

Yes, but look at Frankie Rhoden's facebook "likes".

And there are specific things for fighting chickens. This is the country and I'm sure they are used to seeing chickens that people keep for eggs.

It would be a mistake to extrapolate from someone's accent and dialect and conclude based on that that they aren't capable of a complex plan or sophisticated crime.

P.S. General comment, not in response to Kkearn or any other specific post.

That isn't it. I couldn't commit the sophisticated crime they have made this seem like. The way they have talked, which has been little, sounds professional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth