OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something that was odd to me, there are about 3 out in the open gay family members. All are connected by FB. It just seems odd to me that many seem accepting, they just don't seem like a group accepting of gays to me. Some have downright anti-gay things posted. None of this seems connected to the deaths in any way, it is just odd that people are out and open. In my family there is one gay person that is not out and open and my family, while most aren't accepting, seem more accepting than this family.

It is just an odd family in some ways.

I was looking at profiles of people who liked or commented on the victims and saw one too. It surprised me as well. Around here it would be no big deal but the community doesn't seem like a bastion of liberalism. Also I checked out Topix which still seems to be. Thing I these small towns and one big topic of conversations was "the rhoden that may be gay" was a victim early on. There was a whole long old thread about that topic.

Forgive me if this has already been speculated on. There was another murder January 5, 2016. A mother and daughter that remains unsolved. They were killed with a 30/30 shotgun. This happened less than 30 miles away. Their names are Candy and Mykal Newsome.

I posted about that and another double homicide in Piketon approx 8 years ago that also remains unsolved on thread #1. Great minds think alike!

I was looking at profiles of people who liked or commented on the victims and saw one too. It surprised me as well. Around here it would be no big deal but the community doesn't seem like a bastion of liberalism. Also I checked out Topix which still seems to be. Thing I these small towns and one big topic of conversations was "the rhoden that may be gay" was a victim early on. There was a whole long old thread about that topic.

Yes I saw that thread there too. It was just so out of place with everything on many pages to me

http://www.newswatchman.com/news/article_2b29ce0c-27a4-5f3b-9c28-ff921fe53003.html

In a town of 2,000, I find it highly improbable that there are TWO grow operations of this scale and description in this town. They are highly likely to be one and the same.

We seem to think alike. I posted the same links many pages back because I was searching for drug cartels in that area. If this THC lab http://wp2.pikecosheriff.com/?p=1483 was actually the Rhoden family compound then I'm with you that they became informants or they were getting put away for a long time.

The shatter lab article specifically talks about trying to find out where the shipments came from and what connections there were outside the area. Well - those are distribution channels and they lead to the big guys/cartels. Very dangerous. Maybe the killings were to shut them up before they gave any information.

Btw I don't understand why Sheriff Reader doesn't know what THC is for. My state is pot-friendly, so to speak, so now I'm familiar with this stuff. THC is used in edibles. I don't think they smoke it, as he said. We've had quite a few bozos blow the sides of their houses out trying to make it.

Another unsolved double homicide approx 21 miles away and a few months earlier. Just some similarities... (reports note that drugs may have been involved though)
http://www.tristateupdate.com/story...nvestigating-apparent-minford-double-homicide
http://www.wsaz.com/content/news/Mother-and-daughter-found-dead-in-Scioto-County--364128731.html

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=minford+ohio+to+piketon+ohio

Also:
Eight years ago, but same town and very similar... (Suspected murder for Percocet) Jeez! Remains unsolved.
http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...Unsolved-Homicides-Jennifer-Burgette-and-Curt

(copied and posted from thread #1).

If this involved a drug cartel, then they may never find out who did it unfortunately. The shooter(s) could have slipped into the area, done the shootings and headed back out leaving no real evidence behind. My gut tells me this had to be a revenge-type crime and/or a cover up of those who might talk. I hope everyone in that family and community gets a CCW permit and makes it clear they will not be victimized easily.

Possible Reasons for beating up before killing:

1)Personal revenge

2)Perps heard there a huge stash of cash in the house, due to Cannabis operations. Hence beating/ killing family to reveal the location

3)Someone stole a huge stash of drugs and this is payback for stealing.

It has never been stated by anyone in LE that any of the victims were beaten.

looks like truck from image in post #55

Indeed it is. I think I may have seen that truck somewhere on FB.

Is it an S-10?

The truck is a Toyota Tacoma SR-5. (Though I think the older ones weren't actually called Tacomas.) Definitely the same truck. Very interesting.

Let's say that truck belongs to the family member who found the victims (no clue if that's the case or not.) Would LE then want to take the truck in to check it for anything?

I can't quite tell if that guy is in cuffs or he just has his hands behind his back.

Yes. I saw it on FB too along with a comment about it.

Do you have a link?

I have a friend near the area, he says Pill Mills were an issue and those got closed down and heroin became big. Also Hwy 23 that runs through Piketon is a big route for drugs with a lot of busts.

Watching the local news now--they are saying it was a pre-meditated, well planned attack, woods being searched, marijuana found at 3 of the crime scenes. Interviewed more than 70 people, received more than 100 tips so far. Perpetrator(s) did all they could to hinder the investigation.

Forgive any mistakes I made in this--typing as I listen to the news.

If you look at the pictures through the top of this link they show the outside of the house where the tube is attached. I must say, I had no clue this was how THC oil was made.

Usually it's done in some nut's kitchen. They put butane through the pot in a little tube and apparently oil dribbles out the bottom. Then there is some fire involved to finish the process and this is when refrigerator doors get blown off and people stumble outside looking dazed and the like. The giant tube mounted outside the house is rather ingenious. And big. Not very discreet either.

So, do you find a building on the Rhoden property that resembles the one in the photo from that link? I haven't seen one -

Assuming the grow-ops are connected which it seems so - I either have to think they owe someone huge cash or burned someone in a deal or they have competition and the competition didn't want anyone else growing/dealing if they wanted control of the 'turf'.

I have a hard time imagining a Mexican drug cartel would do this for some reason. Maybe I've watched too many movies but I would think the Mexican cartel would deal with more business savvy people to do their dirty work. Three grow-ops spread over more than one property involves a lot of people it seems, too risky and too many hands in the cookie jar for Mexican cartel maybe? Or maybe I'm just unaware of how the cartel really works.

This still smells semi-local to me as this might've been hard to plan for outsiders unless they seriously surveilled the family first to know their exact habits/movements. JMO.

So, what are you suggesting (if I may ask)?

That the sheriff lied about the family and knowing them through legal issues. Also maybe why he lied was they were part of that bust at the post office and that bust could have had something to do with their murder.

It has never been stated by anyone in LE that any of the victims were beaten.

The truck is a Toyota Tacoma SR-5. (Though I think the older ones weren't actually called Tacomas.) Definitely the same truck. Very interesting.

Let's say that truck belongs to the family member who found the victims (no clue if that's the case or not.) Would LE then want to take the truck in to check it for anything?

I can't quite tell if that guy is in cuffs or he just has his hands behind his back.

Do you have a link?

I'm not allowed to post it. But the truck belongs to a victim according to the post I saw from a friend of the victim. I believe it's against the rules to post the link on here. You may find it if you research one of the male victims profiles. Hint hint.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82