OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone seen this interview with Dana's father? He says some really odd things..

http://globalnews.ca/news/2659269/i...oking-for-motive-shooter-in-rhoden-shootings/

He seems very concerned about his son's truck and getting it back. I think his reference to his comments go on up the nursing home if you really want to know what is going on are in relation to his daughter Dana, who I believe was employed there and was very well liked.

He mostly seems irritated about the truck situation. According to him a truck was removed from the property of Dana that she was storing for his son. Reason for removal - no tags.

Seems frustrated about being hauled in for questioning more than once.

I don't know about there, but here, just in a somewhat rural area, there is a man that has hundreds of fighting *advertiser censored*. Their cages all lined up are very visible from the road, a road that the sherrif's dept travels several times a day.

Nothing is ever done about it, not even animal control or zoning will touch it. I don't know if he just sells them, fights them or both. It seems many times this type thing is overlooked in many places until something big happens.

This angers and disgusts me. In my opinion animal abuse is as horrible as abuse to humans.

I'm thinking it was just business. Killing infants would imply derangement or emotion.
First thing that comes to my mind, infants can't talk. JMO

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Oh wait.
Forgive me if this has been said already, but...
Isn't it weird that the perps would lock the doors behind themselves after they left?
Bobby needed the key to get in.

They MIGHT have, though......so it would take longer for the murders to be discovered. JMO

Yea the use of the word sophisticated is throwing me off too. But on the other hand, if the people took the time to plan it out, it would be easier to cover your tracks vs a crime of passion. I will say that I believe they had silencers on the guns. Otherwise I don't think every victim would have been shot execution style. Killing 1 would have woke the others and I think there would have been random shootings like chest, back, etc. I have no idea how hard it is to get gun silencers. I know nothing about guns.

Yes. Either that or multiple nearly simultaneous shooters. Or the victims were drugged somehow. I wonder if they threw the dogs some raw meat with sedative in it in advance of the attack?

The reason I suspect it is cartel is because of the strong cartel activity in the southern Waverly area. They do have a strong presence, and they do control the drug trade in the area.
http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and...n-drug-cartels-are-running-weed-farms-in-ohio

However, the cartel grow ops are not like this one. We've had two of them within 50 miles of my house -- one was only about 7 miles as the crow flies. They don't go in and pay the locals to grow. They bring in 1/2 dozen or so illegals, plant them back in the woods (the one nearest me was on old power company land) with tents and food. The gardeners stay back in the woods with an overseer who drops food and supplies to them until the plants are harvested.

They harvest, they leave. Very little if any interaction with the locals who for the most part don't even know they are there.

I read somewhere she got off work at 11PM on the night this took place. Maybe someone there saw people waiting on her? Or following her? I keep wondering how the person(s) got access to all 4 houses. The doors were locked on the first house entered where the 911 call came from and I'm assuming no evidence of breaking and entering.
I just don't think this was something that involved a cartel or that someone came in, killed them and left the area. I have a feeling the killers are closer than some think. Just a vibe I get..

And who locks a front door after a murder spree? Someone familiar...

ETA - I didn't realize K.L.Puyallup posted a similar thought upthread. So true about the door locked though.

The dad also said there were two dogs that would "eat you up".

He also said questioned could be answered at the nursing home she worked at.. Wonder what that means?

Yes. Either that or multiple nearly simultaneous shooters. Or the victims were drugged somehow. I wonder if they threw the dogs some raw meat with sedative in it in advance of the attack?

Yea multiple shooters is the only other scenario that makes sense. I do believe more than one is responsible for this. The dogs not barking makes me believe they were familiar with whoever is responsible unless like you said, they distracted them with something.
Every time I start to think one way, something pulls me in the opposite direction.

Does anyone know if the lights were on in the houses or were they turned off when the crime scenes were discovered?

But the family member also said there was 'blood all over the house'. That doesn't sound like someone just being shot while in bed. There very well could have been a fight or a struggle or perhaps an outright beating and even torture going on. How does blood get 'all over the house' if someone is executed while in bed?

Hi new poster here. The dad said something at the beginning of video about daughter in law? He said ask ?? daughter in law?

Yea the use of the word sophisticated is throwing me off too. But on the other hand, if the people took the time to plan it out, it would be easier to cover your tracks vs a crime of passion. I will say that I believe they had silencers on the guns. Otherwise I don't think every victim would have been shot execution style. Killing 1 would have woke the others and I think there would have been random shootings like chest, back, etc. I have no idea how hard it is to get gun silencers. I know nothing about guns.

Good point about the silencers. I was wondering how the perp managed to shoot people in their sleep. I think you may be onto something here.

Of course if someone snuck in and quickly went room to room then I suppose its possible you would not be able to get out of bed by the time you woke up and realized what was happening the perp may be in the room.

A silencer is illegal but there are ways to obtain them or make your own. They really are not as sophisticated as most people think. If you have access to the right type of parts then you can rig up a pretty decent silencer and I am sure there are books that can be bought explaining how to build them.

I saw one once and all it was was a hollow tube of metal with wire brushes surrounding the inside diameter of the tube. The wire bristles were compacted and you could not even see the hole the bullet came out of. The wire brushes suppressed the sound waves as the bullet exited the tube. It screwed over the end the gun and was about 8 inches long.

Looked pretty easy to build one with the right materials and a welder.

Oh and all silencers really are not totally silent. They do an amazing job of reducing the noise of a gun blast but there is always some level of sound coming out. The better the silencer the less noise that will come out of the gun. But will always be some level of noise.

I thought in the beginning they were closely known, the thing that is throwing me is how they have talked about this being sophisticated. They said yesterday people really covered their tracks. It is hard for me to see some first time killer that is pissed, being able to do that.

The killer could be intelligent as well. If someone fairly intelligent planned this whole thing, they would've planned every little detail and covered their tracks.

There's a unsolved case in Canada about a murdered real estate agent murdered while showing a home (Lindsay Buziak). Theory is domestic/family involvement (of her BF), drugs, money laundering, respectful people connected to dirty money, etc. It was like a hit and planned to the T. The details were so planned and weird like a dress one of the perps was wearing, it definitely seems planned by a woman.

I often wonder if the mastermind behind these shootings is a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by lonesomepaws View Post
Attachment 92551
3122 Union Hill Road. I believe this was Dana's "new" house. Believe it or not- it appears to be in a different county!

ETA: This looks like it has a brown fenced in porch type deal, which looks like the pictured THC lab. But it says different county, so ?

That is not Dana's house. Dana's is the one with the red barn directly beside it that was the very first pictures that were taken from the news chopper of the scene released on Friday. It is a mile or so away from the 4077 & 4091 location going back toward Route 32. The pictures I uploaded back around page 13 are correct.

To buy one legally is easy if you can legally buy a weapon. It's more difficult to buy than a gun. You can make them also. It's just hard for me to see many people in Piketon, OH having silencers, legal or blackmarket.

I've really been leaning towards maybe at least one person in each house at the same time. Moving to each house, with the dogs especially, is likely to draw a lot of attention.

I don't think that a cartel ran this operation, though they may have helped to fund it.
I do believe that they worked WITH the cartel. Perhaps the family housed, farmed, and processed the crop, and the cartels worked in distribution/sales. There was an article I provided about how the Southern Ohio drug trade is essentially run by cartels. There were two operations, specifically, that were run by the cartels in Southern Waverly, right next to Piketon.

I really just can't get on board with the theory that the cannabis operation wasn't related to these murders. What are the chances that a family who runs a commercially sized, large-scale illegal cannabis production facility was murdered execution-style in a sophisticated operation for a completely unrelated reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage