OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

It was more than that. There seemed to be a concerted effort on social media early in the case to distort information in order to cast suspicion on DR's sister, brother and father. It persisted for quite a long time, weeks. To a lesser degree, the "alternative facts" thing happened with the MJ grow ops, cockfighting, dog fighting, etc, even after LE dispelled many of those rumors. There's always a lot of rumor-mongering in social media after a high profile crime like this, but IMO, it was a little bigger in this case. JMO.

It still conflicts with LE messaging on the case. "We will hunt you down, we will find you." "...like slowly putting together pieces of a very big puzzle", decades of criminal activity, etc. If LE thought it was Dana's family who committed this crime, why would they still be talking about grow ops, complicated puzzles, hunting people down, etc.?

2. Flatbush

Flatbush Active Member

So even if they lost the actual devise, BCI would still have information this GPS recorded, yay!

3. Curiosum

Curiosum Verified physician

I was under the impression that BJM called Chelsea after she brought Chelsea's son out of the house. Heaven forbid my husband was murdered while I was at work and he was with our son, I would want someone to call me immediately as well. It is very possible that BJM's "they're all dead"referred to CR, FR, and HHG initially and then when Chelsea arrived she learned the true extent of the murders.

4. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Clocks in the same home can be off that much between them. I have one that says 12:18, one 12:28 and one on a VCR that says 1:06 just in my living room.

5. smc1225

smc1225 Member

BJM was at the 4077 residence and is the one that discovered the first two bodies and was the one who called 911 at 7:49am. Official discovery time is just when the police got there and noted the time. BJM and JM and I think LM were there prior to 7:49 am which is when the first call was placed.

I would bet that once BJM discovered the first bodies prior to the 911 call, the other two LM and JM went to the other house more than likely after she called them - either to let them know or check on them while BJM made the call.

No one knows who called Chelsea.

6. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

Who called JW regarding the murders? Just curious about that phone call and the timing of it.

7. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Bringing this over from the Media & Timelines thread for this case

Link

Timeline:

2012 – AG DeWine issued press release announcing LE had discovered “a major marijuana grow site” in Pike County with suspected ties to a Mexican drug cartel. During the discovery, 1200 plants were destroyed by investigators and two abandoned campsites were located, which they believe had belonged to Mexican nationals.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered>

Feb 2016: Box of marijuana discovered at Piketon Post Office, investigation leads to discovery of "shatter" operation

10 days prior to murders: A Facebook threat is made by a teen saying he will "Go up to Union Hill and take them all out"

4 days prior to murders: Hanna R gives birth

2 days prior to murders: Woman sentenced in road rage incident court case involving Chris Jr.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5&p=12509140&posted=1#post12509140>

Thursday, 4/21/2016

8am: Dana arrives at work - Hillcrest Nursing Home

11pm: Dana leaves work - Hillcrest Nursing Home - 14 miles away per CNN

Approx 11:20 pm - Dana arrives home

Friday, 4/22/2016

Between 12 am and 7 am - the following were murdered

Bodies found at 3122 UHR: Dana, Hanna Rhoden, Chris Rhoden Jr.
    Bodies found at 4077 UHR: Chris Sr. and Gary (3 GSW to head)
    Bodies found at 4199 URH: Frankie and Hannah Hazel Gilley
    Body found near 799 LFR: Kenneth Rhoden (1 GSW to head)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page55>

7:00 am: Bobby Jo arrives at Chris Sr.'s house. She tells LE she arrived alone.

7:49 am: Bobby Jo calls 911

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page57>

7:53 am: PCSO Dep. Music and Dep. Chandler are dispatched to 4077 Union Hill Road in response to the 7:49 911 call.

8:07 am: Dep. Chandler arrived "at a neighboring residence where he was flagged down by a subject. Dep. Chandler advised that he needed multiple ambulances due to multiple down at multiple residences."

8:12 am: Dep. Music, Dep. Ball, and Maj. Evans all arrived "on scene" where they were approached by [Redacted] who stated: "there are two more dead people here." [Redacted] pointed to the residence at 4077 Union Hill.

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page57>

8:21 am: PCSO request for assistance sent to BCI (Source CNN -- I will have to fetch a link)
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/22/us/ohi...g-pike-county/

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

12:13 pm: at least 4 BCI Crime Scene Unit trucks are seen at the intersection of Hwy 32 and Union Hill Road headed towards the crime scenes. (Source: tweet including a photo made by Gannett Ohio reporter @saranealeigh)

From <http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306434-OH-Pike-County-8-people-from-one-family-dead-as-police-hunt-for-killer(s)-5/page62>

1:26 pm Friday: Donald Stone calls 911 to report Kenneth's body

1:36 pm -- Ohio AG Mike DeWine issues a press release: 7 people murdered in "execution-style killings"

Saturday, 4/23/2016

3:41am - LE arrives at Bobby Jo Manley's residence to question her; 5 others also questioned

??: Kenny Rhoden (cousin) calls 911 in Greenup Co, KY stating he is being chased by a green Chrysler.

Note: This timeline was put together over a year ago. It hasn't been updated. If you have updates, additions, etc., please post and well create a new, updated version.

Thanks!

8. Toralei

Toralei New Member

JM knew that the others were killed because BJM called him and had him check on DR.
    A three-minute time difference could be chalked up to nothing more than phones showing different times, or perhaps Chelsea misremembering remembering it. I'm not saying you're wrong, but in my opinion a mere 3 minute time difference isn't that's suspicious given the complexity of this entire case.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

9. Toralei

Toralei New Member

I'm confused about the GPS as well. One would think LE would know that it had been switched to a different vehicle or deactivated or suspicious that it wasn't moving.

10. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

With respect to JM's truck that LE recently placed the GPS tracing device on - do we know for a fact that JM owned that truck at the time of the Rhoden family murders? If he did, then he owned at least two trucks at the time of the homicide - the GPS truck and the truck that was towed by LE not long after the murders.

The media states the warrant stated the vehicle was used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant stated. It wasn't reported that the warrant was specific about which murder.

My thoughts are that if JM owned at least two trucks at the time of the Rhoden family murders, then the LM interview that I posted earlier this morning becomes a bit more bizarre to me. I'd assumed that LM was angry with LE for taking his son's only means of transportation. If JM had another vehicle to drive, and if LE took the truck because there was something illegal with the tags, and JM had another vehicle to drive, then why such anger? I realize other things with LE questioning them in the middle of the night had gone on, but LM was very focused on the truck that was towed to the point of saying he would start talking in a couple of hours and I took that to mean that he would talk if LE didn't give his son his truck back.

If JM only owned the towed vehicle at the time of the Rhoden murders and didn't own the truck that the GPS was placed on at that time, then there is another aggravated murder that LE is looking at.

11. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Well-Known Member

I've been thinking about this since you posted it last night. I could imagine certain extremist groups doing such a thing. Some that almost certainly exist in rural Appalachia. Not saying it's the case here, just that some groups are willing to do just about anything when their beliefs are strong enough.

12. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Can we talk about what may have been a motive for KR's murder? And who may have done it for revenge for the other seven murders?

13. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

LM mentioned that JM's tools for his job were in the truck LE took. I think that is why he was so mad about it.

14. Audrey Horne

Audrey Horne Well-Known Member

I think you might be on to something. If they had reason to believe the truck was used during the murder, it makes me wonder: Where did JM get this truck and from whom? Might it be related to the car lot and businesses searched a few days ago? Who owned the truck before JM did? Why do law enforcement keep asking the family who paid them?

15. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

c
    Could KR have been murdered in revenge, later that morning,because someone suspected that he might have been involved in the earlier seven murders?

16. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure that LE thinks Dana's family committed the murders, but I do tend to believe they feel Dana's family has not been forthcoming with everything they know.

17. Toralei

Toralei New Member

I was wondering this as well, just trying to figure out how to word the question without sounding all "conspiracy theory...." thanks!!

Here are the things I don't understand (a lot to be sure)
    * I still don't understand why JW would have had to kill EVERYONE over a custody dispute.
    An argument could be made that with no surviving immediate family, custody of BabyGirl1 (his biological child) would automatically fall to him, wouldnt it? So if his intended target was HMR's family, we're FR and HHG just in the wrong place? Why the overkill on CRSr?

Also, what about the 2 kids in custody of the state? Why couldn't HHG'S family take the son? And has paternity of the HMR's daughter been established? If so, where's the father? I thought THIS was the child JW was trying to get custody of. Again, why the overkill?

18. Toralei

Toralei New Member

You mean if KR killed the others and someone took him out as vengeance?

19. jk204

jk204 Inactive

Yes. groups motivated by ideology/beliefs can keep a secret and they are very well organized.

20. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Or aided someone to kill them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.