OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
So. .... what was so bad about the R's that necessitated their entire family being wiped out?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Don't know. But whatever it was the killers believed they needed to be killed. They found it justified.

A normal, rational human being wouldn't do what they did.

I think there has been a warrant issued for JM today on the Pike County court records. Case # CRA 1700417A and CRA 1700417 B

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/brot...acre-victim-chsrged-with-evidence-tampering?d

"James Manley, 40, of Pike County was charged with:One count of Tampering with Evidence, a felony of the third degree
One count of Vandalism, a felony of the fifth degree
Manley is alleged to have destroyed a GPS device used in the investigation. The charges Manley faces are not uncommon when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation."

(found this forum last week. New to posting)

"A dispute among family members forced ******** to refund $8,220 raised to pay for the funeral for Dana and her children, he said."

Does anyone know what that is about?

I would imagine that CRSR and DR would have had very strong and harsh words for JW and his family when they heard the W's asked HR to sign over her parental rights. Kind of like, "Over my dead body...." or threatened in return to limit JW's time with S. Really, this happens Every. Single. Day. I promise.

I've always felt sorry for KW. Why did it take almost 6 hours before someone checked on him? Not just for his safety but make him aware of the events surrounding his family. JM waited three minutes before he called next of kin but no one went to check on KW.

From Subiechik21's link:

Leonard Manley provided a copy of the search warrant to The Enquirer Monday. Pike County Common Pleas Court Judge Timothy S. Hogan signed the warrant on April 21, allowing agents to legally install the device on Manley's 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck, indicating it was "used as a means of the commission of the crime'' of aggravated murder. The warrant also noted that the truck may have been in the possession of another person with the intent to use it as a means of committing the crime. It was not the same truck officials towed from crime scenes and kept during the first weeks of the investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

TY! Maybe the device was in place long enough to get useful data. This case is crazy.

From Subiechik21's link:

Leonard Manley provided a copy of the search warrant to The Enquirer Monday. Pike County Common Pleas Court Judge Timothy S. Hogan signed the warrant on April 21, allowing agents to legally install the device on Manley's 1997 Chevrolet K2500 truck, indicating it was "used as a means of the commission of the crime'' of aggravated murder. The warrant also noted that the truck may have been in the possession of another person with the intent to use it as a means of committing the crime. It was not the same truck officials towed from crime scenes and kept during the first weeks of the investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

TY! Maybe the device was in place long enough to get useful data. This case is crazy.

If he destroyed it, maybe not. I'm concerned about the 2 am text he made :(

And why destroy it if he had nothing to hide?

The Ohio Attorney General's office said the charges are tied to the Rhoden family killings and are not uncommon when "when a witness destroys such a device used in a government investigation."

So if I'm changing my oil and I see this strange device that I know has never been on my car before.......and I decide to take it off and throw it in the trash, they can charge me with a crime for removing and unknown object from my own personal car?

Thanks for the link.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

We can sleuth the property subject of the warrant?

A neighbor said he counted at least 33 police vehicles that went up the farm, which includes a church, several barns, and a large home. The Wagner breed horse, American Mastiffs and pigs on the property, which includes a church. The neighbor said he saw a vehicle marked with SWAT, an ambulance, and one that appeared to be an amphibious-type vehicle.

Wow, I would like to have a church too on my property.*

33 cars and SWAT TEAM was a big staff for a search warrants on a farm with a church. Especially when the children are gone on vacation in Alaska* (see link provided earlier)

Subiechik21- TY. Link works. Very interesting! LM was upset because they towed JM's truck AFTER they (LE) told him he could leave the truck there (I think at DR's home). There were 2 dogs (Chance the pitbull is one).

(my opinion only)

So if I'm changing my oil and I see this strange device that I know has never been on my car before.......and I decide to take it off and throw it in the trash, they can charge me with a crime for removing and unknown object from my own personal car?

Indeed! And it is a felony. I think I would just leave that vehicle and find different wheels if I found such a device

Could be they are leaning on JM for a slightly different reason. It's possible other people at that address could have had access to the same truck and the same phone. A variety of ages and sexes there, just like most other families. The truck is alleged to have been used by...unsaid. A text was sent from his phone from...unsaid.

Yes, I remember this interview with Leonard. He was very upset, but trying to cooperate with LE. There's a lot he still has to say.

His daughter was scared

"They've been covering things up here for years." @2:30

I hope some day he can tell us what has been covered up.

i know one thing. the state bmv needs to perform an audit and performance evaluation of schools/agencies teaching driver's ed and administering driving tests in that area.

They can charge you with anything. Actually convicting you is a whole different thing. Especially if you have a lawyer that does all of the talking.

Who knows what kind of statements all of them have made to LE. As any attorney would advise you, never talk to LE without counsel present or advising you. You've got people taking polygraphs and talking to the media, admitting to destroying govt property (the tracking device), and I can't even imagine what else.

Sometimes I feel like people are taking crazy pills. Am I the only one that was taught to never speak to the police without counsel?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the link.

*http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...elative-charged-evidence-tampering/101747576/

We can sleuth the property subject of the warrant?

A neighbor said he counted at least 33 police vehicles that went up the farm, which includes a church, several barns, and a large home. The Wagner breed horse, American Mastiffs and pigs on the property, which includes a church. The neighbor said he saw a vehicle marked with SWAT, an ambulance, and one that appeared to be an amphibious-type vehicle.

Wow, I would like to have a church too on my property.*

33 cars and SWAT TEAM was a big staff for a search warrants on a farm with a church. Especially when the children are gone on vacation in Alaska* (see link provided earlier)

So, they took an ambulance and a vehicle marked SWAT. Sounds like they were expecting to arrest someone and anticipated possible armed resistance or some other situation that could result in physical injury.

As for an amphibious vehicle, there are several ponds on the property, good places to dispose of evidence like weapons, etc.

They can charge you with anything. Actually convicting you is a whole different thing. Especially if you have a lawyer that does all of the talking.

Who knows what kind of statements all of them have made to LE. As any attorney would advise you, never talk to LE without counsel present or advising you. You've got people taking polygraphs and talking to the media, admitting to destroying govt property (the tracking device), and I can't even imagine what else.

Sometimes I feel like people are taking crazy pills. Am I the only one that was taught to never speak to the police without counsel?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

According to this article, James Manley doesn't have an attorney. Likely his dad and sister don't have one either. They probably can't afford one. Sounds like they've been trying to work with LE, but LE thinks they know more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member