OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK On Time Out

You are right. My mistake.

2. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

A low selling price is often listed to lower the taxes to pay to get the transfer done. The scrap metal value of that truck is more than $200.

3. rotary_dial

rotary_dial Member

https://mobile.twitter.com/hillarylake/status/864561015220047873/photo/1

The arrest warrant states they put it on the truck at 11:07am on 04-22-17 while it was in the driveway of 2663 Union Hill.

If someone is willing to put something on my car and I catch them, they better hope they're in full uniform. Otherwise, I'm letting the dog loose and guarding them with one of my firearms. Doubly so if some of my family had been murdered. I was in fear of my life and thought they were placing a bomb...

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

You are correct. My misunderstanding.

5. Mercedes

Mercedes Verified Expert

I would like to know who the 2 a.m. text-call was sent to and what it said, if text.
    :thinking:
    Why did LE tell Leonard Manley about it?
    I really like Leonard, but he talks too much. :shush:

6. Irish_Eyes

Irish_Eyes Well-Known Member

I don't see any connection to Waco or to cults, etc. I think we'd have heard rumors. Also, I don't see any connection to Jehovah's Witnesses. They aren't exactly known for their violent radicalism. They're pretty low drama folks.

I am pretty sure I have the craziest theory here about this case. My theory is probably wrong - the craziest ones usually are, but I may post about it after doing a little more digging.

7. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

8. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

9. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

I don't believe previous owner info is allowed to be given out. That change a while back for privacy issues.

10. smc1225

smc1225 Member

[video=twitter;864860016624500736]https://twitter.com/chrisgraves/status/864860016624500736[/video]

$80,000 seems a little high for the destruction of a GPS worth approximately $381.00. He needs to post $8K cash in order to get out.

11. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Is this before or after the LE went through everything. They do not put things back as they find them...

12. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

It was previously used as a truck that delivers grain/feed/hay to large farms such as those breeding draft horses and furry, expensive pigs?

13. Gunslinging Granny

That's ridiculous. It's almost as ridiculous as CPS keeping the Rhoden's children away from their families because "they might be in danger from the killers" then allowing S go live with KW.

14. Gunslinging Granny

There's no way all those things went neatly and organized into that trailer and pickup bed. It only costs $50 for a locked, covered rental unit.

15. IceIce9

IceIce9 Verified EMT

Just now heard this case being discussed on WLW. It was stated that 300 cars, including wrecked cars, and many car parts, were found on the Rhoden property. This was back when the murders occurred.

Wonder if they were involved in some sort of stolen car ring? That would be another way for the family to make enemies.

16. Gunslinging Granny

Aren't most stolen cars and chop shops hidden from public view (like pot grow ops)? These cars weren't hidden. They were all over the property in full view of everyone.

It appeared to me that CRSR (the person who admittedly bought all those cars) suffered with a compulsive car-hoarding problem kinda like crazy cat ladies, but with cars.

17. Betty P

18. Betty P

The cars from Chris Roden Sr's property were released back to the family, so not stolen.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...sacre-no-answers-family-marks-time/100005422/

19. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

I looked at that trailer and knew there was no way anyone would be hauling it down a highway - toys would be flying out and hitting traffic.

Personally, I would have hit up relatives to store it on the farm where there should have been a barn, etc. to park it under and prevent rain from getting into all the toys and whatever else was in the trailer.

20. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

LE found no problems with the cars and released them back to the family from what I understand....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.