OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the double posts. I'm having a lot of trouble seeing that I posted and being able to edit my posts. When I try to edit, it comes up blank, so I can't delete one of the posts.

I've been having trouble with the "Reply With Quote" button. Seems to want to jam up my entire browser.

I think I see at least one generator. There's one of those BIG ole roosters like at Tractor Supply. Looks like they were making a big move.

Regarding the photo of the property of 200 Block Peterson Road in Adams county, what's with all the gas containers?? Looks like they found the burn pile at the farm too.

Yes, that definitely looks like a burn barrel in the one picture.

I don't know that I'd consider finding the various fuel containers to be that unusual in and of themselves. There are a lot of very normal, legitimate reasons to explain this. You need gas for generators and 4 wheelers, mowers, etc so it wouldn't be at all unusual for them to have several gas containers on hand. Generators especially can go through a lot of fuel in short order and they might have used them as a power source in an out building while working on cars, etc. On the other hand, if you need generators for any illegal purpose, then maybe that is noteworthy.

At this point I think it's anyone's guess what is and isn't meaningful in this investigation.

For a search warrant you need probable cause which is either signed by a judge or a magistrate judge. Now why they are not naming them "persons of interest" that I don't know. I know that I do want evidence to lay before them during the interview to obtain a confession. They know exactly where they are at and if anything is found to add on to the evidence that they have, which seems little, if any, then they will be brought back from up north. Lot's of evidence can come from this search such as tire impressions from the 4 wheelers, blood stains, which I doubt they would get or weapons, another doubtful aquirement, or even a lost phone. I am sure all of the social media that anyone that is in their mind a suspect has already been searched as they never go away. A lot or nothing could come from this. One other thing that could come from this if any shoes were left in the trailers. I am sure that shoe prints had to be left at one of the scenes from all of the blood, maybe at CR1 or blood splatter. Another thought crossed my mind what about an enraged grand parent. I wished that they had conducted more of a ground search of the area for areas that they would shoot on the property looking for any kind of shells or rounds. That would really sink them. I hope I am within the frame of not breaking TOS.

BBM

Crossed mine too.

Yes, that definitely looks like a burn barrel in the one picture.

I don't know that I'd consider finding the various fuel containers to be that unusual in and of themselves. There are a lot of very normal, legitimate reasons to explain this. You need gas for generators and 4 wheelers, mowers, etc so it wouldn't be at all unusual for them to have several gas containers on hand. Generators especially can go through a lot of fuel in short order and they might have used them as a power source in an out building while working on cars, etc. On the other hand, if you need generators for any illegal purpose, then maybe that is noteworthy.

At this point I think it's anyone's guess what is and isn't meaningful in this investigation.

Reply with quote section giving me a fit.
Wasn't a gas container found at one of the Rhoden properties? Would a lab be able to analyze gas/residue to tell if the gas came from the same place?

I wonder when the planning to move began? I also wonder if the R/M families knew they were moving? If they didn't know that brings a bigger question.

"They called and said they wanted to park their stuff for a few days until they could find a place,'' Brown said, adding that Wagner, 24, and his older brother, George Washington Wagner IV, 25, indicated that they had gotten "good-paying jobs up north."
Up North as in Anchorage or Wasilla, Alaska?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

The family has sold the property and their whereabouts are unknown. It's right for the public to be concerned about the safety of this child, especially considering her mother and family were murdered in cold blood a year ago shortly after her bio father had visited them.

It's reasonable for the public to be concerned about the safety of the child. LE needs to reassure the public that the child is safe and her location known to them.

In most cases like this (missing child/family, parent possible suspect in a murder investigation, etc.) a public search for the child would be launched. But then there's never been anything normal about this investigation.

While the public is entitled to be concerned, there is currently no legal basis for LE for to inform the public about this or to require the family to inform them before going on a trip or moving or anything else. There is currently no publicly known reason to suspect that the child in question is in any danger or in an abusive situation, and without that what possible legal justification would LE have for interfering?

At this point the child in question is in the legal custody of her parent who has not ever been named as a suspect or a POI. Until and unless that happens, there is nothing LE can legally do. They can always make inquiries, but that's about it.

Public curiosity and concern may be perfectly natural, but they alone are not justifiable reasons for violating anyone's right to privacy.

There is obviously a connection to the flying w farm, however, it may not be what everyone is thinking. Lots of illegal aliens work in the farm and horse industry. Over the road truckers. Mj growing operations. Extended family does not get killed in "custody disputes", unless you are henry viii

rsd1200: Sorry I can't reply directly to your post. You are getting real close to what I believe, but not quite. I can't say more without breaking TOS

rsd1200: Sorry I can't reply directly to your post. You are getting real close to what I believe, but not quite. I can't say more without breaking TOS
It is also hard to extrapolate that kind of conclusion unless you have access to court documents that are not accessable to the public. I think someone needs to pull their reins in a little before they, ahem, exceed their , ahem priviledge.

From your link:
"Jake Wagner was in a custody dispute with Hanna Rhoden, one of the victims, according to Leonard Manley, her grandfather. The girl at the center of the custody dispute was not at any of the locations where the massacre occurred, Manley said, though several young children were found alive."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think I've ever heard that said, outright, before. Worded that way, it sounds like they had taken it to court. :thinking: I realize that some of this looks bad for JW. For his daughter's sake, I'm holding onto hope that he was not involved. One thing about Ohio, unless it has recently changed, if the child's parents are unmarried, the unmarried mother is considered to have sole physical ,& sole legal, custody of the child.

Sole Legal Custody: is the only person who has the legal authority to make major decisions on behalf of the child. These include decisions regarding education, religion, and health care.

Sole Physical Custody: The child lives in one residence and the other parent gets generous visitation.

Understood.

Reply with quote section giving me a fit.
Wasn't a gas container found at one of the Rhoden properties? Would a lab be able to analyze gas/residue to tell if the gas came from the same place?

Well, maybe, but they probably use a lot of gas for their 4 wheelers, etc.

The major problem with these searches is that they're being done over 1 year after the murders. Plenty of time for evidence to go away.

Feature or a bug? I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member