OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
These past few days have been filled with a tornado of events! Every time I get on here, I read daily, there are pages of updates! It gets my adrenaline going! This is all so crazy! I'm now curious about several things 1. Why would JW and his father try and get HR to sign over her parental rights? Did something happen that would make him feel she was unfit? 2. What was JW and JM's relationship exactly? 3. What would be a reason they'd be texting one another at 2 am night/day of the murders? 4. What incident led them to believe JM's truck was used in an aggravated murder? 5. Why would a SWAT team show up to assist in a search warrant if they weren't searching for people? What in the world is going on?

I'm not 💯 convinced that this isn't just a string of coincidences but I'm not 💯 convinced that it's more than coincidental either! JM wouldn't seem to have anything in the world to gain!

I wonder what motive he would have for killing his sister and niece?

Just updated, again. This article is juicy.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

JM was recently taken from work for a polygraph that according to LM he failed. And JM texted JW at 2am on the night of the murders!

:noooo: what in the world? ok, now if this is true and that JM did indeed text JW at that time on the night of the murders, thats some serious doo doo. that brings up some more questions? why did her own brother texted JW and what would be his motive?

Well I know nothing about their honesty, I would hope they wouldn't lie about that and I'll give them the benefit of the doubt.. aside from a possible failed polygraph, JM texting JW at 2:00AM on the night of the murders is pretty damning in my opinion.

My thoughts are that LE also has a copy of the 2 AM text.

BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims.
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2017/05/15/rhoden-massacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

We've theorized about similar scenarios before. What if the person close to the family gave the killers information about them thinking it was going to be used for something less horrific than murder? What if LM assisted JW (just theorizing) because JW told him he was going to sneak in, take his daughter and leave town with her?

I am so not sleeping tonight, my lil head is spinning!!!

As someone mentioned upthread, how in the world did LE not know that the tracking device had been removed?

Oh, and LM, keep on talking in MSM. We need you to bring things up so WE can discuss them here.

My thoughts are that LE also has a copy of the 2 AM text.

That's very possible given today's technology. But why have they been unable to arrest him after a full year of investigating? Why didn't they find any trace evidence of the murders in his truck?

ETA: The text must not have been incriminating.

Just from what I've read online, it's not that difficult to find, especially for people who have some knowledge of auto repair or maintenance. You can do a search on Reddit, You Tube or similar sites and find people who explain how to find and remove them.

Why did it take them a full year to get the warrant? Didn't they probably already have him under surveillance since day 1 when they confiscated his truck? Why didn't they find what they needed in the truck when they first took it? Tire tracks, trace evidence (if he shot that many people in a short period of time, there would at least be some blood evidence).

It seems that JW left town around two weeks ago didn't he? Then JM is said to have failed a poly two weeks ago, according to the article. Could be why they bugged the truck. To see where he'd go afterward.

"Just two to three weeks ago, the elder Manley said BCI agents surprised his son at his job around 5 p.m. and took him to Dayton, where he submitted to a polygraph test. Manley said agents took him back to his work site at 4 a.m. On Monday, a BCI agent told Manley his son failed that test."

"BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

I can't get my head around this.

You aren't the only one! I'm not sure if all the recent events are the real deal or if this is a goose chase. I have suspected that when the truth finally came out, it would be bizarre, but I never anticipated anything like this. Again - not sure if this is starting to look like the "truth", but it is beyond bizarre.

So like 2 days ago LM says they won't solve this in his lifetime. The next day he says he's 90% sure they are going to solve it. Today he's talking about tracking devices on his sons truck BCI dragging his son out of work to take a polygraph that he is told JM failed? It think he's being told what to say. This is absolutely bizarre and gets more and more bizarre.

Between that and LM volunteering all sorts of info to media, you aren't kidding.

btw, april's baby's name is Tajeeri

tajeeri is a nice name. i like it. need to change my sig then :)

I what I assumed at the time was JM drove that particular truck to the crime scene when he discovered DR and then LE towed it. But I could have been mistaken. That truck could have been left at CR1's days earlier, perhaps for him to repair. How common would it be RSD1200 in that area to leave keys in a vehicle you were working on?

If the car were in their own drive, probably not uncommon, however, I'd say it's not as common as it used to be though.

It seems that JW left town around two weeks ago didn't he? Then JM is said to have failed a poly two weeks ago, according to the article. Could be why they bugged the truck. To see where he'd go afterward.

"Just two to three weeks ago, the elder Manley said BCI agents surprised his son at his job around 5 p.m. and took him to Dayton, where he submitted to a polygraph test. Manley said agents took him back to his work site at 4 a.m. On Monday, a BCI agent told Manley his son failed that test."

"BCI agents also told the elder Manley Monday that a text from his son’s phone was sent to Jake Wagner’s phone at 2 a.m. the morning of the massacre. Wagner was the long-time boyfriend of one of the Rhoden victims."

But JM didn't go anywhere. He stayed right where he was, going to his job and taking the heat from LE. Doesn't sound like something a person would do who was guilty of murdering his sister and her family.

BTW, did the article indicate he was working in Lima, OH? That's a long way from Pike County.

This is bizarre and why on earth would they tell him there had been a gps on his car? And what what is that true about the text? Thats a good indicator he could be involved. That information should not even be out. This is definitely not what i expected at all. Anxiously awaiting for this to be solved so Dateline or some mystery show can have by far the most interesting episode in history.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Can someone remind me what time they have estimated that the murders took place?

Who went into Dana's residence to check if they were OK? Was that JM?

I don't think any of them actually went into the home. JM went there, but it was said that when he started in, he could hear the baby crying, and didn't want to find his niece that way, so he did not go inside. He waited there for LE. I may not have worded that exactly as it was said. I'd have to find the article.

:noooo: what in the world? ok, now if this is true and that JM did indeed text JW at that time on the night of the murders, thats some serious doo doo. that brings up some more questions? why did her own brother texted JW and what would be his motive?

Ok I'm honestly trying to catch up on this case but yes, that's what stuck out to me. After reading backwards (eek sorry) I was totally thinking it could be custody dispute and I'm still leaning that way but why would an actual blood relative be involved in custody disputes against his own blood? Ok I'm going to keep reading. I obviously haven't followed since day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy