OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grandparents want their farm operation to be seen as polished and pricey. Those overfilled horse trailers with crap hanging out of the top of them look like a large version of the Beverly Hillbillies' truck. They couldn't be seen on the grandparents' farm.

Having driven through Canada and Alaska in the spring and having experienced first hand the frost heaves on the Trans-Alaskan highway there is no way those poorly loaded goods would have survived until they got to their destination. They would have been toys stung along the highway all the way from Yukon Territory to Anchorage. Those frost heaves can knock the front end out from under your car if you hit them over 20mph. That's a small car with a few suitcases in the back. They would have had to drive that semi at a snails pace. They would have been a good two weeks getting there.

HR had moved down the road with her mother and brother. And we don't know what she knew about the paternity of her baby (we can't read minds.)

The point isn't about her knowing the name. The point is that she was having sex with numerous men. With 15,000 posts on this forum, you KNOW that it's not very safe for little girls when their moms have numerous sexually-active males hanging around.

Having driven through Canada and Alaska in the spring and having experienced first hand the frost heaves on the Trans-Alaskan highway there is no way those poorly loaded goods would have survived until they got to their destination. They would have been toys stung along the highway all the way from Yukon Territory to Anchorage. Those frost heaves can knock the front end out from under your car if you hit them over 20mph. That's a small car with a few suitcases in the back. They would have had to drive that semi at a snails pace. They would have been a good two weeks getting there.

The real estate sale couldn't finalize with JW's belongings still in the home. It appears JW began dumping his and his daughter's things without any foresight inside the uncovered horse trailer.

We've theorized about similar scenarios before. What if the person close to the family gave the killers information about them thinking it was going to be used for something less horrific than murder? What if LM assisted JW (just theorizing) because JW told him he was going to sneak in, take his daughter and leave town with her?

BBM
If I thought my niece and her parents (in theory) were horrible parents, and I'd been (again, in theory) promised an amount of money to help the child's father take her, and start a new life, and, if I got up the next morning and my family had been murdered, how could I approach LE? I'm at best an accessory to attempted kidnapping (if they believe me) and at worst an accessory to murder.

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been following this case since day 1 as it's close to where I grew up. Sorry if I break any rules...I'm certainly not claiming to have the answers.

my thoughts on this is that this is much bigger than just the murders. Speculation only, but could be anything from organized crime (MJ found) to paternity of the new baby. JMO but even if LE is certain of a particular persons involvement, they may need to get more evidence to truly tackle the dark secrets in this case. So I really believe it could be so much more than just trying to nail the two individuals on that security footage.

The one thing that really has stood out to me from the beginning is the money found on KR. Coincidence? That really screams of a statement of some sort IMO.

also, I know many are quick to throw JW under the bus and I too think he's not out of the woods with this. But for all we know he or any other person could be cooperating with LE. Or perhaps LE is shaking branches to try and get someone to cooperate. Doesn't mean any one cooperating is innocent or guilty...just that I'm pretty sure there's a much bigger component to all of this than the LE is stating.

The money on KR has never been confirmed by any one.

Have they been convicted of running a huge marijuana operation?

No. LE has said there were 3 grow ops at 2 locations. Given the proprietary where CRSR had his office and KR fifth wheel and adjacent shed, there's some question about how large those grow ops were. As with all aspects of this case, LE has provided few details.

To Rotary-dial. I cannot quote you for some reason.
Yes, I agree. That is why I asked if some incident or maybe I should have said circumstance had occurred to make him ask her to sign away her parental rights.

No. LE has said there were 3 grow ops at 2 locations. Given the proprietary where CRSR had his office and KR fifth wheel and adjacent shed, there's some question about how large those grow ops were. As with all aspects of this case, LE has provided few details.
And yet we regularly question the veracity of LE statements. But here we will condemn the Rhodens without a trial? The Rhoden family, including HR are the victims, without a doubt. They deserve justice more than anyone.

BBM
If I thought my niece and her parents (in theory) were horrible parents, and I'd been (again, in theory) promised an amount of money to help the child's father take her, and start a new life, and, if I got up the next morning and my family had been murdered, how could I approach LE? I'm at best an accessory to attempted kidnapping (if they believe me) and at worst an accessory to murder.
If JM is involved in any way this seems a possible scenario. He's never left town, he stayed there. OTOH, others have left.

The real estate sale couldn't finalize with JW's belongings still in the home. It appears JW began dumping his and his daughter's things without any foresight inside the uncovered horse trailer.

Not sure about that. My daughter bought a house with one shed full of stuff and it was written in the contract of sale that they would reclaim their goods by a date specified. Her lawyer wanted her to charge rent for the space and she declined, because it was no inconvenience to her. At the end, of the specified time, it was, because they never collected their stuff and she had to dump it.

And yet we regularly question the veracity of LE statements. But here we will condemn the Rhodens without a trial? The Rhoden family, including HR are the victims, without a doubt. They deserve justice more than anyone.
There were photos of their huge grow ops. They were growing pot.

The only reason most people care about this is because of the potential for danger that comes with it. No one is implying the Rhodens don't deserve justice. When asked why the Ws may have wanted HR to give up custody, I explained the Ws knew of the potential for danger from the pot farm and from HR's boyfriends.

$ ? Idk, but, one thing that I've always found strange about JM, not accusing him, just found it strange, is that he said he started to enter his sister's house, but heard the baby crying, and didn't want to find his niece "like that".

Like what? How did he know she was deceased? How did he know CR2 and his mom were deceased? How'd he know the infant was okay? Any one of them could have been clinging to life. He may have been able to render aid to one of them and save a life (For all he knew that morning). His sister found CR1 & GR, and it was reported in one article that she even raised a blanket that was over one of them, but she still calls 911, runs next door w/o reservation, enters FR's trailer, where she finds them dead, grabs a blood-covered baby and wraps it in her sweatshirt, grabs the toddler, and gets the heck out of Dodge. I've looked at every angle of BJM's arrival on the scene, the 911 call, and her interviews, etc... but I gotta say, she did what she had to do, and got those kids out of there. How did JM know that he'd see his niece "like that"? That stuck with me.

That struck me as odd at the time -- I just couldn't understand anyone just backing out and leaving a crying newborn baby alone in those circumstances. I do not buy the argument that BJM took care of the babies she found "because she's a woman" and he did nothing "because he's a man". Can you picture LM doing what JM did?? Never. It's a very odd reaction no matter who you are -- more so when it's your own family.

BTW, did they ever state publicly who the "two friends" were that were with BJM that morning when she first arrived at CRsr's home?? Keeping their identity secret seemed to be a big deal for some reason.

Of course they do, but they still were illegally growing marijuana. Just because someone is a victim to crime, it doesn't suddenly make them less guilty of any crime they were committing.

Not sure about that. My daughter bought a house with one shed full of stuff and it was written in the contract of sale that they would reclaim their goods by a date specified. Her lawyer wanted her to charge rent for the space and she declined, because it was no inconvenience to her. At the end, of the specified time, it was, because they never collected their stuff and she had to dump it.

Exactly. Imagine trying to dump those two, large, overflowing horse trailers. JW's huge amount of stuff had to be moved out before the real estate closure date.

There were photos of their huge grow ops. They were growing pot.

The only reason most people care about this is because of the potential for danger that comes with it. No one is implying the Rhodens don't deserve justice. When asked why the Ws may have wanted HR to give up custody, I explained the Ws knew of the potential for danger from the pot farm and from HR's boyfriends.
And if she had wanted to give up custody that would've worked. Apparently she didn't or hadn't yet decided. We don't know and we can't determine which situation would be the best for HR's child.

I understand what you're saying about the conditions around them but everyone is entitled to have children. Perhaps her behavior would have changed after the birth of the new baby. We can only hope and speculate; she wasn't given that chance to change.

Of course they do, but they still were illegally growing marijuana. Just because someone is a victim to crime, it doesn't suddenly make them less guilty of any crime they were committing.
A presumption of innocence. They have that constitutional right.

That's very possible given today's technology. But why have they been unable to arrest him after a full year of investigating? Why didn't they find any trace evidence of the murders in his truck?

ETA: The text must not have been incriminating.

It may not have anything to do with his truck. They may have seized and searched his truck that day out of suspicion early on but put the tracker on there so they didn't have to put a live person tracking him. That would be very noticeable in a region like Pike County. It requires a warrant to put one on there so they must have had some sort of compelling info to put before the judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong