OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only situation I can think of that would cause JM to collude with the W family is ongoing violation of the children in some manner. (I don't even want to speculate on that matter.) There is no evidence whatsoever that the children were being harmed. I am simply responding to the previous question concerning collusion.

Interestingly, with the age difference between HR and JW, and the age of their child, it would seem that JW was guilty of statutory rape, per the laws of Ohio.

Agree on that. I can't help but wonder if either set of the parents were upset about the relationship for that very reason.

According to this article dozens of vehicles were towed away by LE after the murders.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/18/why-rhoden-family-had-so-many-cars/84433962/

Bobby Jo Manley, Dana Rhoden's younger sister, said she had four vehicles on Chris Rhoden Sr.'s property and she believes all were towed. Some of the vehicles would have been brought to Rhoden Sr. to be repaired, but for whatever reason the work was not completed or the person didn't pick their vehicle up, she said.
When shown photos taken of dozens of cars parked in a fenced area outside the Ohio BCI's command center in Waverly, Manley pointed to many he recognized and identified as belonging to Rhoden Sr. Several dump trucks were used by Rhoden Sr. to haul gravel, Manley said.

Dan Tierney, a spokesman for the Ohio Attorney General's Office, declined to discuss the inventory of cars and equipment hauled from the Rhoden property. He would only reiterate removal of the vehicles is part of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation's largest investigation to date.
He wouldn't say how they might factor into the investigation or if they will be seized for possible forfeiture, which is what Manley said he believes will happen.

And if she had wanted to give up custody that would've worked. Apparently she didn't or hadn't yet decided. We don't know and we can't determine which situation would be the best for HR's child.

I am not sure about Ohio, the following is based on my own experience between 2012 and 2016 in Wisconsin (& Michigan).
My daughters biological father is, putting it nicely, a loser. In 2012 when I had finally had enough of being abused by him, I kicked him out and got a lawyer. My daughter was 9 months old at that time. My parents have money, and spoke with my lawyer, asking if we could offer bio father $$$$$$ to sign over his rights. (He did not have money, or a conscious, so it would be appealing to him). Lawyer said no because **in order for a parents rights to be terminated, there has to be another parent to adopt and take that parents place.** We asked if my dad could adopt her; lawyer said no, only way that'd be possible is if I terminated my rights, too, and both my parents adopted her. We asked if it would be different in Michigan (i lived in Wisconsin; my parents in Michigan); again were told no.
Fast forward to February 2016. I got married in 2015. Bio father has now 5 year old daughter for his first overnight in over 6 months. The next day she is brought back to us, with a broken leg. He refuses to give any info on how this May have happened, and also did not take her to a doctor. My husband and I take her to the doctor to find her leg is in face broken. I call my lawyer, and we begin the process of having his rights terminated (this is far from the first incident with bio father). About April he realizes how much this 'fight' will cost him, and decides he wants to voluntarily sign over his rights. Legal proceedings take time. Also have to have been married to my husband 1 year. Many interviews with social workers etc. August 2016, the court terminated bio fathers parental rights via Termination of Parental Rights (TPR) hearing, and immediately following, was the adoption hearing. However the judge did not sign off on the TPR until the adoption hearing was finished in order to insure that my daughter had Both a legal mother and father before termination of bio fathers rights.
JW & his dad may not have know the legal side of this, but imo it is pretty stupid of them to have approached HR about signing over her rights before checking into the legal process. A real shame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://globalnews.ca/video/2660827/father-of-ohio-shooting-victim-says-suspect-knew-rhoden-family

I believe this was the first interview given by LM after the murders. In this interview, he expresses his anger that LE took his son's truck, apparently after his son and daughter were told that it was ok to leave their vehicles at the scene.

There has to be a reason why LE took his son's vehicle, but I've not seen anything to indicate "why" they took his vehicle. I'm gathering from this interview that only JM's vehicle was taken and that BJM's vehicle was not taken.

Does anyone know the reason why LE took JM's vehicle? I assumed initially that maybe he had some unpaid fines, but given the magnitude of what LE was dealing with, I would think the last thing they would be worried about would be towing a car for unpaid fines.

I'm thinking someone in LE grew suspicious of JM very early on. Perhaps JM said something that was off or his affect was off?

Any thoughts on this?

JM has more than one truck. The truck that was 'kept' by LE after the murders had 'fictitious tags' according to LM (same video where he is complaining that they have kept his boy's truck). The truck that was described in the warrant for tracking was not that same truck.

Does Ohio have a death penalty? What sentence would aggravated murder hold in Ohio?

Goofy Jen is correct, the one that was towed is not the same being tracked unless it's all chopped up with various car parts put together. The day of the murders it was a Nissan or Toyota that was impounded. The truck being tracked is a chevy.

Reader or dewine said this case opened a can of worms. These latest developments may have nothing to do with the killers but other crimes committed or illegal things still happening. For instance look at JR my man had what like $10,000 in cash and thousands in pills sitting in his house while a huge murder investigation of 8 people in his family were killed was going on and every rock in the country was being flipped over. Not the brightest people.

The only situation I can think of that would cause JM to collude with the W family is ongoing violation of the children in some manner. (I don't even want to speculate on that matter.) There is no evidence whatsoever that the children were being harmed. I am simply responding to the previous question concerning collusion.

Interestingly, with the age difference between HR and JW, and the age of their child, it would seem that JW was guilty of statutory rape, per the laws of Ohio.

BBM

This is something that, once the age difference struck me, I was a bit taken aback, considering the length of time that they had been together. They'd been together since at least June of 2011, based on their SM activity. She'd have been only 14 in June of 2011. I realize that four years doesn't seem like much, and had they been 18 & 22, I'd have thought nothing of the age gap. There's over twice that between my s/o and me, and there was over 15 between my grandparents, but no one was 14 at the beginning of the relationships... and times have changed.

On a side note, had anyone else noticed that in photos, around this time last year, that JW had dyed his hair?

There HAS to be more to this. If JW killed to get his daughter, why did KR have to die? He was miles away. Why CRSr, GR, FR HG?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

There HAS to be more to this. If JW killed to get his daughter, why did KR have to die? He was miles away. Why CRSr, GR, FR HG?

That is exactly why I believe there are multiple motives. And why DeWine called it a "complex" case.

This family had many widely varied issues with different people.

If JM knew about the plan, or was involved in it somehow, I am surprised that he wasn't killed also.

It may not have anything to do with his truck. They may have seized and searched his truck that day out of suspicion early on but put the tracker on there so they didn't have to put a live person tracking him. That would be very noticeable in a region like Pike County. It requires a warrant to put one on there so they must have had some sort of compelling info to put before the judge.

I can't help thinking about LM saying that LE asked BJM how much they paid her to kill her sister right after the murders. Maybe it wasn't BJM they paid.

Does Ohio have a death penalty? What sentence would aggravated murder hold in Ohio?

Apologies if I answered this twice.
Yes Ohio does have the death penalty. It is carried out at the Lucasville prison right off route 23.
I am clueless what aggravated murder would carry, no knowledge of this, good time to learn.

Could it mean that they think the vehicle may not have been under LM's control that night?

"The warrant, signed by Pike County Common Pleas Judge Timothy S. Hogan, indicated authorities believe the truck was “used as a means of the commission of the crime’’ of aggravated murder. Or it was in the possession of another person with the intent to use the vehicle as a means of committing the crime, the warrant said."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...assacre-more-search-details-emerge/101713414/

I looked into Tracking Device Warrants, and they differ in that a:
Warrant for a Tracking Device. A tracking-device warrant must identify the person or property to be tracked.

The time must not exceed 45 days from the date the warrant was issued. (45 day extensions can be granted if good cause is shown.)

Also:
Within 10 days after the use of the tracking device has ended, the officer executing a tracking-device warrant must serve a copy of the warrant on the person who was tracked or whose property was tracked.

More info here: https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcrmp/rule_41

That is what I was asking about earlier when I asked about keys left in vehicles. I assumed JM drove his truck to CR1's when BJM called. But it is possible the truck was already there. He may have left it for CR1 to repair. His phone could have been in that truck.

If the perps drove ATMs to the scene using power line clearings it is possible they used his truck to go to the different crime scenes i.e. KR's which was 10 miles away.

They could have also used his phone if it was left in the truck.

The wording could indicate this. His truck was used, not he used his truck. His phone sent a text, not he sent one from his phone.

I must say he doesn't seem too worried about LE arresting him if he was home mowing his lawn.

I can't help but think this is LM or LE's way of trying to get JW and company to make a mistake. LE could have given the info to LM Monday knowing it would make him angry and he would go public with that info.

So I don't know how one might handle this or want to speculate an Individuals process of dealing with something like this but... LM is odd daughter, 3 grandkids and son inlaw it seems they all liked killed plus 3 others I'm sure he had some relationship with and he was out talking pretty quick. He might stay up all night crying it may be shock. More interviews more information was out there quicker than anyone... I can't see myself leaving my house or wanting to talk to anyone. Are there any interviews of LM visibly upset I.e crying or anything, mention of him being visibly upset. The videos I've seen and remember doesn't even seem to overwhelmed. On top of it all 2 of his othe children have been vigorously interviewed in the murders as being involved in some way.

Just me thinking out loud

I think KR was a separate, opportunistic kill. I've seen it rumored that he was known to have decent amounts of cash from time to time. My opinion is someone (probably not allowed to mention who but it's pretty obvious) took advantage of the other murders and killed KR and took off with the cash.

There's a reason he was the only one that wasn't a victim of "overkill". Either he was an accomplice or it was a different killer that wasn't aware of the "overkill" the rest of the victims received.

That is what I was asking about earlier when I asked about keys left in vehicles. I assumed JM drove his truck to CR1's when BJM called. But it is possible the truck was already there. He may have left it for CR1 to repair. His phone could have been in that truck.

If the perps drove ATMs to the scene using power line clearings it is possible they used his truck to go to the different crime scenes i.e. KR's which was 10 miles away.

They could have also used his phone if it was left in the truck.

The wording could indicate this. His truck was used, not he used his truck. His phone sent a text, not he sent one from his phone.

I must say he doesn't seem too worried about LE arresting him if he was home mowing his lawn.

I can't help but think this is LM or LE's way of trying to get JW and company to make a mistake. LE could have given the info to LM Monday knowing it would make him angry and he would go public with that info.

BBM
I didn't realize this until late yesterday, but, the warrant was not for JM's truck that they took at the scene of the murder last year. The warrant was for an entirely different make and model of vehicle.

True. Even if I'd done nothing wrong, and they'd put a tracker on my car, and then threatened me with a felony and lock-up, and I thought that they thought that I'd lied on a poly, and that I'd had something to do with murdering my family, I'd have been at a lawyer's office rather than mowing my lawn. If I'd done nothing wrong and found a tracker on my car, I'd have just continued to drive the car to work and back, and called a LAWYER.

It also seems that there are enough relatives that they could all gather at the sheriffs office and protest, just throw fits till this gets solved. Bring attention get results. After a year and all this BS I'd be in total outrage if it was my family. It's as if most don't really want attention on this including the law.

Apologies if I answered this twice.
Yes Ohio does have the death penalty. It is carried out at the Lucasville prison right off route 23.
I am clueless what aggravated murder would carry, no knowledge of this, good time to learn.

Aggravated murder in Ohio is the same as Capital murder in other death penalty states and is punishable up to death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I don't know how one might handle this or want to speculate an Individuals process of dealing with something like this but... LM is odd daughter, 3 grandkids and son inlaw it seems they all liked killed plus 3 others I'm sure he had some relationship with and he was out talking pretty quick. He might stay up all night crying it may be shock. More interviews more information was out there quicker than anyone... I can't see myself leaving my house or wanting to talk to anyone. Are there any interviews of LM visibly upset I.e crying or anything, mention of him being visibly upset. The videos I've seen and remember doesn't even seem to overwhelmed. On top of it all 2 of his othe children have been vigorously interviewed in the murders as being involved in some way.

I have seen videos of LM fighting back tears. :findinglink:

I hear ya, and the only one I can remember of him seeming to be visibly shaken, was the one where he talks about "it could have been a road rage thing or it could have been a custody thing". There were some statements that I found oddly worded too. However, like you said, I don't know how one might handle something like this, or how he's dealt with it in his private life. His public way of handling it may be have been his way of trying to bring light, to potential motives, that he felt, may be overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304