OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #27

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, May 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bighairdontcare

bighairdontcare Active Member

I am not saying that constitutes four years in prison. I'm just saying that gps court equipment is pricey. Further, most people that have been convicted of a F3 felony can typically face 36 months in ODRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. smc1225

smc1225 Member

The amount of the GPS was in the warrant I believe. They listed it at $381 in one document and $315 in another.

3. bighairdontcare

bighairdontcare Active Member

Interesting- thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. smc1225

smc1225 Member

I agree with you though - I would have thought it cost more than that but they put that amount out there. That's why I was questioning the amount of bail being set at $80K.

5. Renee110

Renee110 Stop letting criminals off the Hook!

<modsnip>

LOL true! My husband is from Ohio and he calls himself a Yankee! No southern accent there....

6. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

Heck you are all dadgum Yankees to me. The only thing south of me is Texas.

7. Bootsctr

Bootsctr Well-Known Member

I am guessing by LM's statements there were no good cops/bad cops in the investigation. Seems like LE came out of the chute gunning for the M's. I felt bad for the family after reading BJM's account of her interrogation.

Despite LM's scruffy exterior, he comes across as genuine and likeable. If his daughter would give you the shirt off her back, then LM would also do the same. She learned it from LM. It wouldn't surprise me if LM was gaining a sort of hometown hero status of sorts by taking on LE. As much as I know I should not, I really like his press conferences.

Is it possible that LM is working with LE? Wishful thinking I suppose, but if LE wanted a distraction while they investigated JW they certainly got it.

8. Gunslinging Granny

Gunslinging Granny Well-Known Member

Come on. You know you wanted to post "Heck ya'll are all dadgum Yankees to me". :)

9. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

does anyone know for sure when was the last time JW and his family were last seen or heard? and not by SM postings in which someone could be hacked.

10. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Verified Expert - Cultural & Behavioral Dynamics Staff Member Moderator

I feel like LM truly just wants justice at this point. I got a giggle when I heard the final comment in this video, but I say.."Right on LM"

http://www.wlwt.com/article/community-hopeful-for-answers-in-pike-county-massacre/9875167

11. GoofyJen

GoofyJen Well-Known Member

12. Han

Han Well-Known Member

Attempts to reach Jake Wagner, his parents and grandparents have been unsuccessful.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.usatoday.com/story/326132001/

13. jpo74

jpo74 Well-Known Member

IMHO, i dont think that JM or BJM had anything to do with the murders. they might, however, know more than their telling and keeping quiet out of fear. IF they did help in some way, they did unknowingly like they didnt know what would be taken place

14. Badb

Badb New Member

15. RAISINISBACK

RAISINISBACK Well-Known Member

Heck yah buddy. Ya'll a bunch of dagum Nahthaners ta me. Yeeha.

Reminds me of what they say around here. If you move down here from the North you are not a Southerner no matter how long you live here. If your kids are born down here they are not Southerners. After all if the cat has kittens in the oven we don't call them biscuits.

16. Badb

Badb New Member

Well, that I don't know.

17. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

Where has anything been said about selfishness and greed about the Ws?

18. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

So why did DeWine & Reader wait so long? Wagners put their house up for sale in August 2016, that should have been enough of a clue. They knew JW was preparing to move, that he had parked the trailers full of possessions at the Brown property.

Wagners knew well in advance what was coming and LE was somehow unable to stop them from leaving. They also don't seem to be concerned about Hanna's daughter, S Rhoden. Do they consider her a missing person? At risk?

If you've got money and influence, the rules are different in southern Ohio.

19. Dudly

Dudly Well-Known Member

That would be "all ya'all" for the plural tense...

20. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Agree! My youngest son was born in Texas. Lived there for his first year. He doesn't remember it and considers himself an Ohioan. Northern Ohioan, no offense to those in the south part of the state, but it's different.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.