OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
As to the question of any of the 4 arrested Wagners selling out the other 3, I just can't see that happening. I'm sure there was more than one conversation about "just in case we get caught but don't worry, we won't... but if we do... "
I really think any people who could plot against and kill an entire family they once were friends with, would also be the sort of people who have a problem connecting cause and effect consequences to their own actions. Some fault must exist in their mental and emotional wiring iow. Otherwise, how could they do what they are accused of having done?
"It's always worked before" to just wait out the inconvenience and get away with whatever bad actions you have always gotten away with before. There's always some small hole hidden in the wall somewhere to escape through. The reality of prison forever is just not real. Something will happen to change the circumstances somehow, some way. some day. They key is to stick together as a united front in all things, always. Denial and delusions are very real to those who live inside of them. In their minds it's, "We'll get out of this."
And, I don't doubt a punishment, up to threat of death, has been discussed for anyone who breaks ranks. Being in prison is no safe place to be... and, if you get out somehow by ratting on the others... the same fate would be waiting for you. All just mo.
(And it worked for Casey Anthony.)

I'm quoting myself here... This elderly man was a veteran and was illiterate. I changed my mind. I'd let the interest go and would probably be bringing him hot meals now and again. And I don't own a church or teach Sunday school but I remember how Scrooge's house got ransacked by the towns people during his nightmare of being deceased in "A Christmas Carol."
Past and present and future. Scrooge was so lucky he saw it all before his real death.

This one's for you, IQuestion.
(Put another tune with meaningful
lyrics into your head.)

"Hell, I guess I did it to myself...
Usually this place is as quiet as a mouse,
but lately I've been wondering if I'm living
in a haunted house.
Those ghosts are never very far.. I can hear
kids playing in the yard. I can smell her sweet
perfume flowing down the hall.
But it's me, the memories,
and the pictures on the wall."
Thank you PEPPER , absolutely beautiful lyrics!

Can someone point me to a family tree or something to help me understand the people/families involved and how they all fit together? I feel sure someone has posted this before....????? If not, I'd be happy to try and put it together in a diagram if someone can point me to a summary of the info....

Agree. Also, gives me a warm feeling to know there is actual evidence (a witness) speaking to LE. Someone heard this conversation for sure. To add the info that one person was more vocal than others in going after DeWine and Reader. To me, this says the CI gave details of the conversation. Good on the CI. Wonder how much more evidence the CI gave?

Keep in mind that LE has never said a "confidential informer" or "confidential informant" they said, confidential information. A CI is rumor run rampant.

Can someone point me to a family tree or something to help me understand the people/families involved and how they all fit together? I feel sure someone has posted this before....????? If not, I'd be happy to try and put it together in a diagram if someone can point me to a summary of the info....

Go to the first page and read through the links and info there. It covers about everything...

Every single person who purchased land from her had the option to hire an attorney to look at the contact before signing. You can not legislate common sense. If they were not aware of the balloon payment at the end of the contract then they did not read the contract. Balloon payments are common, albeit usually in high dollar contracts, but I can see why they we would be useful in these low end properties. It gives the borrower time to get their credit up to standards so that they would be then eligible for a traditional loan. And according to the article, the payments were minuscule to begin with. If you can't pay$250,$400 a month, you really have no business owning anything. I wonder what the average rental property in that area is.

Of course. But I know some people with low incomes have a burning desire to own a home, a place of their own for their families.

Not everyone understands that it would be beneficial to have an attorney look at any contract.

I’ve known people who have had balloon mortgages, and they always think better times are ahead. They will have a better job, they will have their medical debt paid off, etc. by the time the balloon comes due.

People make poor financial decisions and take risks to get a home. But this doesn’t make it right to take advantage of them.

Predatory lending might be legal but it isn’t compassionate or moral. My opinion.

I can’t speak for her motives, but I know of people who sell on land contract to people whom they know will have a very difficult time making the payments. As soon as the buyer is late the seller takes the land back. Often the buyer has made many improvements to the place, which of course they lose but it benefits the seller who had taken the property back to sell again on land contract, then repossess again after the next buyer is late on a payment.

Often these land contract sellers prey on people whom they know will be unable to keep up the payments, so they will be assured of getting the property back to sell again and again.

Yes, of course, the “buyer” should know that they shouldn’t enter into a land contract if they might not be able to keep up on the payments. But sometimes they take the risk because the desire to have a home for their family is very real.

Many landowners have earned their fortunes by “selling” the same piece of property over and over again, capitalizing on the less fortunate.

I once worked on a charity event with someone who earned her living this way. She described how easy and profitable it was, and she found her “buyers” by placing ads in local newspapers and online, ads that appealed to people, usually families, who had a strong desire for a home of their own. She only “sold” to people who were the most likely to be unable to pay and miss a payment so she could get the property back and sell it again. She wouldn’t sell to anyone who was potentially able to finish out the contract because then she wouldn’t be able to take the property back.

Is it legal? Yes. Is it ethical? I say no, but that is my opinion.
Agree, and add that this is a despicable scene and should be illegal.

It took me 2 years just to learn how to copy & paste but even I understood this process.....What do you do when recorded evidence on security cameras of individuals (The Pike County Ninjas aka W4s?) entering the Rhoden's property was stolen or erased? What if those "hard drives or SD cards" were discovered in the heap of trash W's left behind when they went to Alaska?? OOOoops. One man's trash, is another man's treasure??
I bet there are some "reliable resource(s), uh source" we could use: "If you accidentally deleted or erased the video recordings on CCTV or DVR camera hard drive or SD card, don’t worry. Just download the best CCTV/DVR hard drive recovery software for free here, and follow detailed the guidelines below to easily recover your deleted or lost .cctv or .dvr videos, images now."
Recover Deleted/Erased Videos from DVR/CCTV Hard Drive/SD Card – EaseUS

Last edited:
Every single person who purchased land from her had the option to hire an attorney to look at the contact before signing. You can not legislate common sense. If they were not aware of the balloon payment at the end of the contract then they did not read the contract. Balloon payments are common, albeit usually in high dollar contracts, but I can see why they we would be useful in these low end properties. It gives the borrower time to get their credit up to standards so that they would be then eligible for a traditional loan. And according to the article, the payments were minuscule to begin with. If you can't pay$250,$400 a month, you really have no business owning anything. I wonder what the average rental property in that area is.
The ones I see advertised is 550-650 low end jmo

And Sam's progeny have taken Walmart to a whole different level, like the 9th level of Hell...

His late wife (Helen) has family that lives close to me. Good people, good businessmen. I don't think they have a bad bone in their body. She married down in my opinion. But looks like the chance she took on a salesman paid off in the billions. To be fair though, she never had a cook or maid. She did all the housework herself, cooked all the meals for guests at their home. She was probably one of the most warm, loving and hospitable people you will ever meet. It didn't matter to her whether you were homeless or a billionaire, she always cooked you a meal when you visited her home.

She left all her money to charity, schools as a matter of fact, for scholarships.

A far cry from FW if you ask me.
JMO

Scroll down in this article to see a family tree. Welcome to WS, Ida. :)
(George and Edward (Jake) also have a sister, Robin, and a brother, both of whom are not involved as far as anyone knows. I'm not sure of the brother's name... someone else will know, I'm sure.)

Pike County massacre suspect Edward "Jake" Wagner pleads not guilty

His late wife (Helen) has family that lives close to me. Good people, good businessmen. I don't think they have a bad bone in their body. She married down in my opinion. But looks like the chance she took on a salesman paid off in the billions. To be fair though, she never had a cook or maid. She did all the housework herself, cooked all the meals for guests at their home. She was probably one of the most warm, loving and hospitable people you will ever meet. It didn't matter to her whether you were homeless or a billionaire, she always cooked you a meal when you visited her home.

She left all her money to charity, schools as a matter of fact, for scholarships.

JMO

Now, that's what I call getting close to the cross... really close.

I posted about the father, my next comment is about the mother. Some posters portray AW as a crime leader. Let me disagree.

One poster mentioned AW engaged in conversations in SM groups. Maybe she even came here, who knows! If this is true, she is either:
A) an arrogant and manipulative mastermind or
B) simply naive and manipulated

I am going with "naive and manipulated" and here is why:
1) her husband is uneducated, unsuccesful, a felon, bankrupted.
2) she became a felon too
3) her businesses were questionable
4) her home was decorated for men. This speaks volume to me.
5) she followed 3 adult men to isolation away from her friendship base.

She must have a low esteem of herself to stay in this position. One poster also speculated she was an active grand mother. I would believe it and even think her children and grand children were the only thing she had.

I look at how the two boys treated their wives. I expect the same from GW3. IMO, he had to marry a weaker woman. I would also bet his mother in law, RN, feared him too.

This is a crime against a mother and her family. IMO, the pattern started a long time ago in the family of the defendants. I expect her attorneys to play this card at some point.

I could be wrong, but given the nature of the crime, I doubt the parental influence could have worked in the other direction.

JMO

That's what I meant by his progeny. Walmart now, is not the Walmart that Sam started.

I'm the guy who made the YT vid on the Wagners farm house and I can recall very vividly the day I posted it in a SM group that AW was in.She was always just lurking and after I posted that vid,she had sent a message to the group Mod taking issue with it.I don't remember exactly what she said but she was basically talking about the pig houses in the backyard that I had mistaken for some type of bird house like a rooster.The Mod sent me a copy of what she said and she wasn't happy obviously that I had made the vid and even trespassed which was a mistake (a real idiot moment) but I was a wannabe journalist just trying to get into the middle of something sensational...I also remember the first time AW made her first public statement in that group and it was just a few days after I posted the video.I had posted a question regarding why S wasn't brought back to HR's place the night of the murders when it was in fact her turn to have her and that's when AW threatened me to have the new homeowner of the Wagner farm house have me arrested.I'm not going to lie,it did scare me a little and make me think.I later found out from BCI Agent in charge,can't remember his name,starts with an S told me that they actually were going to have me arrested for criminal trespassing and felony burglary so my decision to pull back a little and remove the vid was justified.

Anyways my point is,my little interaction that I did have with AW on SM did have an impact.I am for one who at first thought that a local MC was involved over a drug debt owed but quickly changed that theory to the W's being guilty after the AG posted their pics shortly after the searches.

I no longer have a SM account not for the reasons that have been gossiped through the grapevine but for other personal reasons and I haven't missed it one bit...I do have plans though in the near future to visit PC and see some of the court proceedings in person.I also want to meet LM and shake his hand,I just hope he doesn't sock me a good one LOL.

Scroll down in this article to see a family tree. Welcome to WS, Ida. :)
(George and Edward (Jake) also have a sister, Robin, and a brother, both of whom are not involved as far as anyone knows. I'm not sure of the brother's name... someone else will know, I'm sure.)

Pike County massacre suspect Edward "Jake" Wagner pleads not guilty

Just to clarify, Robin is the sister of George III, daughter of Fredericka. She is Jake Wagner's aunt.

WCPO_Wagners_Rhodens_1543337725145_104201016_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Just to clarify, Robin is the sister of George III, daughter of Fredericka. She is Jake Wagner's aunt.

WCPO_Wagners_Rhodens_1543337725145_104201016_ver1.0_900_675.jpg
This is exactly why I prefer this site over all others.This is where you learn the most about the case with very well informed and educated posters...I have been lurking here a long time and admire and am grateful for posters like you and many others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak