OH - Pike County: 8 People From One Family Dead As Police Hunt For Killer(s) #36 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen any of the silencers involved in this case... That said they sound rather crude.
First, suppressor is more accurate. What you hear in a movie is nothing like what a suppressed gunshot really sounds like. Its still loud, and it still sounds like a gunshot, its just not going to rattle the glasses in the cupboard anymore. Thats why I say the term "suppressor" is much more accurate. Silencer implies that you won't hear a gunshot, and that completely false. These murders were most certainly heard, just not half a mile away.

The purpose of a silencer is to slow down the bullet and disrupt the flow of the gasses as they exit the firearm. Half of what you hear is the bullet actually breaking the sound barrier. If you do a quick video search for "See Through Silencer" there are videos where you can see the insides and they actually show shots in slow motion. Really cool IMO... These suppressors don't use a filler material, they have baffles cut with a CNC machine to disrupt the gasses. Same concept, BUT THE BULLET DOESN'T TOUCH THE INSIDE OF THE SUPPRESSOR with the newer CNC machined designs. The suppressors used in this crime sound more like what I could make in my garage...

EDIT:
See Through Suppressor in Super Slow Motion (110000 fps) - YouTube

Thread an extension onto the barrel, and drill holes through the extension to vent gasses. Pack washers and steel wool over the extension, and seal it. The steel wool filler or fluff exits the barrel with the bullet because that stuff gets everywhere... Its a forensic goldmine really.

BBM

This. I think they mostly needed them for just that, extra dampening on what leaked outside the trailer walls. Neighbors are not very close on that road. They just wanted extra protection. If done well, they can be very quiet, I was surprised.

It looked a lot nicer when they bought it, imo. It was built in 1901 and they painted it that horrible red color and let everything grow wild outside and in... and hung dead animal heads all over the place. No respect for such a nice old house, imo. Blasphemy! I wouldn't sleep there even one night.
Link below is what it looked like before:

260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 3 beds/1 bath

HUGE difference!!! It was a nice place before. I hate that they did this to such an old home. My house was built in 1879. I love old houses. Thank you for posting this.

You're right! It looks much brighter before the Wags moved in.

Yes, I think so. It's not the house, imo, which is a very nice old farmhouse (I think so) ...but, it's what they did or didn't do that makes all the difference. If you didn't know better you might think "before and after" photos had been taken and somebody mixed the photos up. It's obvious, imo that keeping up the property and having any pride in owning and living in the house was not on the Wagner's agenda. Many people who work in psychiatry believe how a person(s) keeps their own personal space and surroundings says a lot about the person(s) mental state of health. That house and the grounds went downhill into chaos very quickly imo.

The size was what threw me back when I first saw it too, but, I got to thinkin on it some, and, I believe that the boys may have bought the home, for themselves, and their families, in Feb. 2014. The parent's names were not on the deed. It also appears that both brother's, I think, again, were unexpectedly, single men, either shortly before, or not long after, they purchased the home on Peterson.

I would like to hear an interview from GW3s ex.

I just don't understand buying house with a sibling. I love my sisters, but there is no way I would consider buying a house or living with them as an adult. In fact, I have a two day limit on house guests before I start getting twitchy. I think the level of co-dependency in this family is extraordinary. I bet being separated in different jails is causing them pretty extreme distress.
Also, I would love to hear from the ex-wife. Bet she could give important insight into the W family dynamics.

LE u
So true. Recently heard an AR 5.56 with a suppressor and it sounded more like a .22.

I'm also guessing you know a .223 would completely take back of a persons head off or side. Wish LE would release ballistics. Since most shots were up close. I'm thinking .22LR pistol or one of those new fangled short tactical .22 rifles.
Yes a .22LR can go through a door,especially a door made for a trailer. These people read a lot somewhere. Now about different caliber that killed one of the Rhodans I read somewhere is baffling or shows two people at same site. JMO

Yes, I think so. It's not the house, imo, which is a very nice old farmhouse (I think so) ...but, it's what they did or didn't do that makes all the difference. If you didn't know better you might think "before and after" photos had been taken and somebody mixed the photos up. It's obvious, imo that keeping up the property and having any pride in owning and living in the house was not on the Wagner's agenda. Many people who work in psychiatry believe how a person(s) keeps their own personal space and surroundings says a lot about the person(s) mental state of health. That house and the grounds went downhill into chaos very quickly imo.

It can also say a lot about their financial state. I think that FW may have bailed them out at times, and they lived in homes, on her land, as far back, as the early 90s, but I don't get the feeling that she handed a lot of cash over to them. I could be wrong though. I get the feeling they were not good with money nor employment.

It looked a lot nicer when they bought it, imo. It was built in 1901 and they painted it that horrible red color and let everything grow wild outside and in... and hung dead animal heads all over the place. No respect for such a nice old house, imo. Blasphemy! I wouldn't sleep there even one night.
Link below is what it looked like before:

260 Peterson Rd, Oliver Twp, OH 45660 - 3 beds/1 bath
WOW! It was a cute farmhouse before the psycho Wagners moved in and hung 100 dead animal heads, packed it full of junk, and refused to mow the lawn.

Last edited:
LE u

I'm also guessing you know a .223 would completely take back of a persons head off or side. Wish LE would release ballistics. Since most shots were up close. I'm thinking .22LR pistol or one of those new fangled short tactical .22 rifles.
Yes a .22LR can go through a door,especially a door made for a trailer. These people read a lot somewhere. Now about different caliber that killed one of the Rhodans I read somewhere is baffling or shows two people at same site. JMO

Great video! If I had an extra $1149 lying around I'd buy one! I'm very curious about the ballistics too!

I just don't understand buying house with a sibling. I love my sisters, but there is no way I would consider buying a house or living with them as an adult. In fact, I have a two day limit on house guests before I start getting twitchy. I think the level of co-dependency in this family is extraordinary. I bet being separated in different jails is causing them pretty extreme distress.
Also, I would love to hear from the ex-wife. Bet she could give important insight into the W family dynamics.

BBM
No. I'd not want to just move in with my children either, unless it were an absolute emergency. Like, a tornado sucks up the house, or something equally tragic. And don't we bet she could!

I was thinking about the level of co-dependency / clannishness earlier. I don't think these boys have ever led a life outside the grasp of their family, I doubt that GW3 has either.

If I learned that one of my kids, and their family, had murdered eight people, I'd probably have to sit down for a spell and collect myself, and then I'd try to figure out a way to approach LE, without them knowing. They have, after all, murdered eight people, they knew. How far to go before they justify killing me, if the arrest doesn't hold?

The size was what threw me back when I first saw it too, but, I got to thinkin on it some, and, I believe that the boys may have bought the home, for themselves, and their families, in Feb. 2014. The parent's names were not on the deed. It also appears that both brother's, I think, again, were unexpectedly, single men, either shortly before, or not long after, they purchased the home on Peterson.

When the two brothers relationships broke apart, that's when I think that GW3 and AW moved in, which would be at some point in 2015. GW3 gets custody of his child, and after they all realize they have no leverage against HMR, nor her family, in getting control of S., it seems the W family decided to just kill JW's "inlaws" and be done with it.

GW3 was married to his child's mother in Nov. 2012. GW3's child was born in 7/2013. By early 2016, GW's wife is gone, has remarried, and has a young baby. So, by sometime in 2015, she was out of GW'3 life.

S was born 11/2013. HMR and JW were to be married, according to her Twitter post on 8/26/2014, the next year on their five year anniversary, 8/27/2015, but by early 2015, JW and HMR have split.

I would like to hear an interview from GW3s ex.

Me too! I hope she has been reunited with her son; although, I can't imagine the brainwashing they had already inflicted on the two little ones.

LE u

BBM
GR's father, told a reporter, at the funeral for GR, that, very loosely quoted; They found two, each different, shell casings at that trailer. They told him how many times that GR was shot, too, and where. He also said that he'd not been told any information regarding the other family members. I would provide a link, but, last I checked, that interview, in full, had been taken down.

HUGE difference!!! It was a nice place before. I hate that they did this to such an old home. My house was built in 1879. I love old houses. Thank you for posting this.

So do I . Mine was built in 1906.

I cannot imagine 4 adults and 2 children in a 1300 SQ FT house either. They must have been stumbling over each other.
JMO

LE u

And interior doors are hollow. And being such old trailers, those doors were quite dried out I'm sure.

So do I . Mine was built in 1906.

I cannot imagine 4 adults and 2 children in a 1300 SQ FT house either. They must have been stumbling over each other.
JMO
Being painted/wallpapered with dark colors helps hides all those hand/finger prints, dirt, etc. I once knew of someone who actually painted all her interior walls---black. Said she'd never have to worry about dirty walls. :rolleyes:

WOW! It was a cute farmhouse before the psycho Wagners moved in and hung 100 dead animal heads, packed it full of junk, and refused to mow the lawn.

That red gets me too. It looks like they were going for the barn red country look but got sidetracked somehow. I would have left it white or if I wanted color a nice light yellow. The W's really needed a little sunshine in their lives and house also.

Being painted/wallpapered with dark colors helps hides all those hand/finger prints, dirt, etc. I once knew of someone who actually painted all her interior walls---black. Said she'd never have to worry about dirty walls. :rolleyes:

It's such a busy dark look it would drive me crazy. All those patterns running around. In a small area like that I would have did light colors with blinds not curtains to increase the perception of space.

Get some good paint and the fingerprints would wash right off.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member