OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

I don't think so, I think we only know that she went and took care of CRsr's animals every morning.

2. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

The udder cream.. Doesn't everyone remember the "horse mane shampoo" craze? Women had been buying that shampoo and using it at Tack Shops for years, it was just cheap.

3. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Bolded By Me lol. But you're onto something with Bacon Bacon Morebacon. [emoji23]

4. AbbysMom

AbbysMom Active Member

Maybe this has been answered before, but I'm new here. Kenneth was found hours later. I don't understand why someone wasn't trying to contact him right away to notify him of his brother's death, along with all of the others. I wonder if it took hours to notify the Manleys and CR1's mother or the two surviving brothers. Just seems odd to me that no one tried to notify the family sooner. I can't even imagine what Chris Sr.'s mother is going through. She has buried two sons, husband, ex-daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren.

5. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

This is what I've been thinking as well. Not necessarily a cartel, but an organized gang of some kind that had the ability to call in a "professional" team. The large number of victims and brutal deaths was as much to send a message to others in the business as it was for justice or revenge. IMO, it was about someone working with LE and/or turf wars, more likely the former. If it was talking to LE, then it's possible someone in LE or working as an informer told the killers who was talking.

Sad to think about the torture, but it's probably accurate. Sending a message - "talk to LE and this will happen to your family, too." In the dark of night, in your sleep...

The reason no one in town is talking is fear of further retribution. Not everyone in town is in the business, so to speak, but many of them are probably acquainted with someone who is. LE has likely asked the victims' friends, relatives and acquaintances not to talk publicly, for their own safety as much as anything. The people who did the killing are probably long gone, but those who ordered the killing are still around, not in town, but probably in the tri-state region. JMO.

6. birpu

birpu New Member

Got it. Thanks. That's kind of what I assumed. :)

7. Pheasant

Pheasant New Member

Septic would be my guess, with outhouses second. The chances of them being on a sewer system is virtually zero. A new development went in outside the city I live in, it was well over $1M dollars to run the sewer line. These are homes valued between $500,000 and $3M and they ran the lines along an arrow straight, fairly flat highway so it was feasible. Running sewer lines from any city or village to these homes on union hill rd would likely cost tens of millions of dollars.

8. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

And it seems that DR may have been close with the Rhoden's as it is, so just being ex daughter in law might not even cover it, they could have still had a very good relationship. JMO.

9. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Yeah, there is not a chance in hell we will have sewer out here in the middle of nowhere. Everyone is on septic, which is why that's my suspicion. They were not in a well developed area, like myself.

10. Pheasant

Pheasant New Member

Scariest scenario possible. Completely random targeting of a family. Saw them somewhere (at the hospital?) together, followed them, killed them.

11. birpu

birpu New Member

I think the multiple shots were either information extraction or torture. Only a couple bodies had that many shots, and it's easy to assume the bloodiest scene (Chris and Gary) might be the one with the most bullets. They would also be the brains of the operation.

I do see anger and showing someone what happens when you do whatever they did to tick these people off, though. They crossed the wrong people, and paid with their lives. That's how I see it.

12. MizStery

MizStery Missing Pregnant Lacy P. brought me here in 2005

:welcome6:

13. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Frankies little 3 yr old may have recognized the person or persons, but probably too traumatized to get information out of....plus, his mother may not let ANYONE talk to him. JMO

14. KKearns

We still have some septic in very developed kinda rural areas.

15. KKearns

I just don't see it though.. There were other Rhodens on that street.

16. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Which is why even more I doubt they were on sewer. I'm pretty sure our "town" is even on septic. Ha

17. Pheasant

Pheasant New Member

I don't see it either, but the thought of it is terrifying.

18. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

I've been following this since the beginning. Since less than 24 hours after, I've felt that everything comes down to either robbery or revenge. Robbery is the simplest explanation and I had a post back in thread 2 where I speculated a robbery theory. I still keep coming back to one huge question that I can not answer to my satisfaction.

If robbery were the motive, why would the Sheriff and the AG warn the remaining families to arm themselves?

19. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

And if family is denying having any knowledge of these grow operations.. Then why would they be a target if it comes down to involving that.

Nothing. Is. Adding. Up.

20. KKearns

Oh yes for sure and there are nuts like that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.