OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by beach, Apr 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

I tend to take anything reported by a tabloid with a grain of sale. Also, it doesn't make sense to me why DS would tell so much to some reporter who isn't even local or regional and with whom he could not possibly have even been familiar with?

2. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

3. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

Leaving the children alive is the one thing that leads me to believe that several were killed simply because they could answer the question "who was around last night". If it was revenge as in "I wiped out your entire family" revenge, they would have killed the little ones also.

4. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Which is why I stated I wouldn't doubt if they decided that.

5. cady

cady Well-Known Member

He was most likely paid for his interview. JMO

6. molly1255

molly1255 Well-Known Member

The Daily Mail isn't even an American tabloid. They are a tabloid out of Great Britain. They are sensationalist and I wouldn't be surprised if the whole story they told has been made up. How does some reporter with a very foreign-sounding name score such a big interview - over any of the local or regional reporters who have likely been hounding all of the family and with whom the family might have some familiarity.

I suppose the tabloid could have paid DS for his interview, but I would think DS, being a person who found one of the victims, and being a family member would be very careful about what he said to anyone, particularly since the Sheriff has warned the family to arm themselves.

7. pisces51

pisces51 Member

It doesn't surprise me at all. The last place I would expect to see HR's boyfriend or anyone close to the family is on Facebook. If anyone is going to talk/gossip on FB, I think they would be worried or sensitive enough to make the posts private.

8. aussiemom

aussiemom Member

We have the same problem, if we were to call the LE (Police) in the closest city in our area, we are transferred to the Sherriff for our County. Even though the City police station is closer to our home. Jurisdiction. You gotta know which Law enforcement agency is specific to your area should you need LE, Ambo, etc. Out in the country each area within a certain county has specific first responders. In the event of a fire, all the counties FD within a reasonably distance, as well as your "local" FD that have the capability to pump, fill their tankers with water from a pond usually respond to a fire that cannot be contained by a single fire department. We also have several VFD that respond. You know when they are coming because they still use the old station siren to alert the volunteers to report to the station. We have no fire hydrants in these parts and rely on tankers or ponds on our property to supply the water to fight the fire.

9. Dr. Know?

Dr. Know? Former Member

The only thing I could come up with besides it was just a number pulled out of DM's ....that it was $1000 would be maybe a currency band was also found? Besides someone sitting and counting it or LE letting someone know.

10k_lg.jpg

10. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

Best explanation I've heard yet. I grew up in this environment and still live in Appalachia. This is how it is. You handle your own, you don't call LE.

11. pisces51

pisces51 Member

I think that's only part of the 911 call.

12. cady

cady Well-Known Member

Speaking of the boyfriend....I do hope that he and Daddy are not contracted to clean up the crime scenes.....that would be REALLY imprudent. JMO

13. K.L.Puyallup

K.L.Puyallup New Member

The money thing, if there's any validity to it, might send a message of, "here's your damn money!"
    Maybe someone owed the family money, the family was hounding/harassing them about it, and the person snapped and killed them. Then threw some money at Kenneth's feet.

I don't know. It could be absolutely anything at this point. We haven't ruled out bigfoot, either.

14. VicVixvi

VicVixvi Member

I suspect that they didn't kill the children only because they were to young to identify the perps.

15. pisces51

pisces51 Member

I've seen quotes from CRsr's boss and a coworker of DR. But one recent article said a person where CRjr worked refused to say anything other than this is a time for mourning. I think they are pissed that some have portrayed the family or area in an unflattering light and they've clammed up. The family comments at the vigil were appropriate when they thanked the media that reported facts correctly.

16. cady

cady Well-Known Member

So do I. I'm quite sure that I heard the unedited version on CNN. Maybe I'm mistaken, but I know what I gleaned from it, and was LATER surprised by contradictions. JMO

17. pisces51

pisces51 Member

I imagine someone in the Rhoden family was called immediately by one of the Manley's. You can just imagine the calls, upset, lack of info, and chaos. It's very possible someone assumed someone talked to Kenneth or that after several calls to him with no answer, someone asked DS to check on him. I don't think anyone expected top find him dead because if they did, I doubt DS would have gone to his place alone. And that's another question...did someone go with him to KR's place?

18. K.L.Puyallup

K.L.Puyallup New Member

So, we've talked a bit about whether or not Sheriff Reader's claim that he's never dealt with the Rhoden family in a criminal capacity was honest or dishonest. Have we considered why he may have said that in the first place? The Rhodens have criminal histories. That is undisputed. I'm not sure what relevance there is in whether or not he was personally involved in their cases. Seems like a weird thing to mention.

19. pisces51

pisces51 Member

Three of the shots in GR could have also hit CRsr.

20. KKearns

KKearns Well-Known Member

He was asked, I think it was a canned response he was coached to give. If not, he is very political savvy, not a good sign for a sheriff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.