OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if 'work on cars' was code for get the "crops in the ground"? Gary went to stay at Chris' to 'work on cars'. DS was going to meet up with Kenny the next morning to 'work on cars'. Average last frost date for 45661 Zip Code is April 17th. First weekend after the 17th was ?.?.?

Could be but they truly did have a lot of cars to work on.

I feel like they still would have needed help with all of those crops. I wonder who else helped them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was one of the grow operations at Dana's house? They said there were three right? I picture Kenneth bragging to another dealer about the money they're bringing in, how much supply they have etc, something stupid like that and maybe the other dealer didn't want the competition. So he took them all out. Or maybe the dealer befriended them to find out all the details he needed before having them taken out. Either way I believe all this is drug related IMO.

Don't know where the grows were

I find it interesting that Leonard thinks his family are the targets of the investigation and they have not returned his sons truck and tools. Perhaps we know who they are looking at now.

I find it interesting that Leonard thinks his family is targets of the investigation and they have not returned his sons truck and tools. Perhaps we know who they are looking at jow.

And is it that sons wife that DR was involved in the domestic with? I can't remember.

So if Leonard said that can we look into "his family"? Isn't that the same as saying they are suspects?

Was one of the grow operations at Dana's house? They said there were three right? I picture Kenneth bragging to another dealer about the money they're bringing in, how much supply they have etc, something stupid like that and maybe the other dealer didn't want the competition. So he took them all out. Or maybe the dealer befriended them to find out all the details he needed before having them taken out. Either way I believe all this is drug related IMO.
i suspect there wasn't a grow at Dana's house, based solely on the fact it was just purchased and the theory they wouldn't have had time to set it up yet.

Good question about where DS lives

I thought he lived within 15-18 miles from both KR and CRSr

But don't know for sure

He lives in Rarden which is about a 10-15 minute drive from KS's 5th wheel camper. We drove down to our property along the Ohio river today and we go Route 32 West to Route 41 and on down. Around 12:30 pm about a dozen sheriff dept. vehicles(marked and unmarked) blew past me. When we got to the top of Union Hill, they were all there.Then on our way back around 4:10 pm there was one black rollback wrecker with a car on it just as you turn onto Union Hill Road. We were now heading East on Route 32 and two red rollbacks were heading West. I even read the names on them, lol. By the way, hi meemaw!!!!!

i suspect there wasn't a grow at Dana's house, based solely on the fact it was just purchased and the theory they wouldn't have had time to set it up yet.

So it wasn't land that CR Sr. Had already owned?

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/03/rhoden-funerals-pike-county.html

WEST PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — "Nothing, not the comforting notes of a trusted hymn nor the lilting strains of a country song, could drown out the mournful wails of a grieving mother.

Geneva Rhoden sat before the caskets that held two of her sons Tuesday. And three grandchildren. And a daughter-in-law.

And for the more than 400 people who packed the sanctuary of the Dry Run Church of Christ, Mrs. Rhoden's moans were almost too much to bear."

"At the other end of the front row at the cemetery was Leonard Manley, slumped and shaking as only a broken man can. He sat next to the casket that held his daughter, Dana, and sobbed. So many tried to comfort him but it did no obvious good."

"For the Rhodens, Tuesday was no ending. No one at that service could bear to think so. And so they chose their last song carefully, clinging to hope that it could bring them each some measure of comfort and peace.

Family ties won’t be broken in Heaven, for we'll all be together on that shore. There will be no goodbyes to bring tears to our eyes, 'cause the circle won't be broken anymore."

Right. I wonder if it was intended to be in the future if it wasn't yet. JMO.

I have racked my brain so much like everyone here. So many possibilities.

I think I am getting to point I don't care anymore the "why" just want to know the "who". Course the who will probably tell the why.

My brain is mush.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2016/05/03/rhoden-funerals-pike-county.html

WEST PORTSMOUTH, Ohio — "Nothing, not the comforting notes of a trusted hymn nor the lilting strains of a country song, could drown out the mournful wails of a grieving mother.

Geneva Rhoden sat before the caskets that held two of her sons Tuesday. And three grandchildren. And a daughter-in-law.

And for the more than 400 people who packed the sanctuary of the Dry Run Church of Christ, Mrs. Rhoden's moans were almost too much to bear."

"At the other end of the front row at the cemetery was Leonard Manley, slumped and shaking as only a broken man can. He sat next to the casket that held his daughter, Dana, and sobbed. So many tried to comfort him but it did no obvious good."

"For the Rhodens, Tuesday was no ending. No one at that service could bear to think so. And so they chose their last song carefully, clinging to hope that it could bring them each some measure of comfort and peace.

Family ties won’t be broken in Heaven, for we'll all be together on that shore. There will be no goodbyes to bring tears to our eyes, 'cause the circle won't be broken anymore."
I can't "like" this.... [emoji22]

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

So if Leonard said that can we look into "his family"? Isn't that the same as saying they are suspects?

I think it means LE is leaving no stone unturned. Besides, if LE is looking for a motive, they have to learn as much as they can about the Rhodens -- good or bad -- in order to find one.

:tears:

Could be but they truly did have a lot of cars to work on.

True :) but what I meant was not so much 'code' but more so meaning the reason they told others that they were getting together that night. GR most likely wasn't going to tell his Dad, "Hey dad, I'm going to stay at Chris's for a few days while we plant some weed". DS wasn't going to tell the press, "Yeah, we were supposed to meet up at 5:30 to get the plants in the ground".

...or maybe they just had a lot of cars to work on...

He lives in Rarden which is about a 10-15 minute drive from KS's 5th wheel camper. We drove down to our property along the Ohio river today and we go Route 32 West to Route 41 and on down. Around 12:30 pm about a dozen sheriff dept. vehicles(marked and unmarked) blew past me. When we got to the top of Union Hill, they were all there.Then on our way back around 4:10 pm there was one black rollback wrecker with a car on it just as you turn onto Union Hill Road. We were now heading East on Route 32 and two red rollbacks were heading West. I even read the names on them, lol. By the way, hi meemaw!!!!!

Hi there

So not that far from the others either.

If ya got any idea about this pm me. I'm lost. I don't even know what I knew anymore, like the Haleigh case.
Going round and round.

((Hugs))

I think it means LE is leaving no stone unturned. Besides, if LE is looking for a motive, they have to learn as much as they can about the Rhodens -- good or bad -- in order to find one.

I agree. But my point is, if he self identified his family as suspects...we may be able to look deeper.

I find it interesting that Leonard thinks his family are the targets of the investigation and they have not returned his sons truck and tools. Perhaps we know who they are looking at now.

I wonder if the engine was cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member