OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by Coldpizza, May 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pisces51

pisces51 Member

There are a lot more people who should have checked on Kenneth before his cousin did. I suspect one of them called DS and asked him to check on KR when they couldn't get in touch with him during the 1-2 hr period from when they learned of the deaths until DS arrived at his home. The people you would expect to being beating a path to get to him if he wasn't answering his phone are listed in his obituary:

Along with his mother Geneva, Kenneth is survived by a son Luke C. Rhoden, 2 daughters; Tajianna (Michael) Mead and Kendra A. Rhoden, grandchildren Rayn, Trey and Hope Mead, and Hayden Rhoden, 2 brothers; Brady and Tony Rhoden, 4 sisters; Norma Thomas, Wilma McCoy, Brenda (Dave) Weisel and Teresa (Dan) Grebing, a very dear couple to his heart Delbert and Violet Rigsby, along with a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and his sidekick Brett Hatfield!

2. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

He had neighbors within walking distance. That's at least a 30+ foot camper and for one person that's not so bad. The camper has been there, based on property views, sometime after 2010 but at least since 2014, so it's most likely he didn't mind being there. I think his mother may be the only one living in the area. She may not have had heard for awhile as it may look as if it was directed toward CR1's immediate family w/GR just having the bad luck of being there. I guess what I'm saying is, that there's folks who like to live like that, and are very wary too, it's their nature.

3. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

Agree. A very good friend of mine and his wife were killed in a car accident in Florida. He died immediately. She died about 30 minutes later. They had no will. After they unraveled everything- their estate passed from him- then to her and then to her parents. His daughter from a prior marriage was completely cut out- except for social security. She was 8 at the time. They had life insurance policies and there house was paid for after their deaths through insurance. Moral of the story I learned- have a will.

4. Everyday Grace

Everyday Grace Well-Known Member

I think it is probably Frankie Rhoden's pickup. It is in front of his home and his FB shows a red pickup in January of this year.

5. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

Dana dies last, her estate would go to her parents. Chris Sr dies last. His estate goes to his parent.

6. creepcrusher

creepcrusher ✭Lifetime WILD BOAR Fan✭ Oink Oink ⚽️

I do not think he was very close with his family. If you explore Facebook there are some pretty obvious clues that this is the case IMO.

7. Ohio Worrier

Ohio Worrier New Member

My mom is on medicaid and lives in an Alzheimer's home. Her funeral is prepaid and medicaid is fine with that. She can actually have up to $1500 in her bank account but no more at all.

8. SheepMan

SheepMan Well-Known Member

Where did you see it was just purchased? From what I remember it was left to Chris by his father or possibly bought off a very close family but I don't remember any recent purchases of property?

9. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

Exactly. And we have no idea what his relationship with his ex or kids was like, whether they talked daily, whether they talked weekly, etc. they may have had no idea what was unfolding there or that he would have even been involved.

10. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

They may have threatened to charge him with obstructing the investigation

11. tehcloser

tehcloser New Member

Ya can't blame me for trying. :)

12. SheepMan

Assuming 200 indoor, and say 500 outdoor across the other 2 grow sites (this is an assumption) then that really wouldn't need more help. I have just planted 4 acres of Garlic (which is an awful lot more than the assumption above) and I did it mostly on my own with a small amount of help from my wife. Whilst Garlic doesn't require as much daily care as pot it, the actual planting of them would be very similar workloads. Therefore I believe CRs could have done this alone, and certainly could have done it with a couple of family members helping.

13. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

The planting isn't what I'm referring to.. Nor the watering and lights necessarily as most use timers to help.. However, trimming pot plants is quite the process. I know people with 20 plants that enlist help for trimming. It's not like you just go chop them down and call it good.

14. lonesomepaws

lonesomepaws New Member

I have. Yes there were. Never remarried.

15. creepcrusher

And that's the difference I see between Kenneth and the rest of the Rhodens. It just seems to stand out. I find it very interesting.

16. Lindadanette

Lindadanette Active Member

Looks like he's gone back and forth between the two...

17. Tiko

Tiko New Member

I wonder what they hope to learn by towing the cars?

18. creepcrusher

One of the daily mail articles said 2000 plants were found at one grow site. Not sure if it was a fact or misprint.

19. mrssmith23

mrssmith23 Active Member

I believe it was a misprint. But even trimming 200 plants would be a lot of work for a few people. IF they were all on the same cycle. If they weren't, it still would be because it'd be constant trimming.

20. SheepMan

There are also at least one of his family members with serious problems IMO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.