OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well AFAIC, there won't be any news or arrests any time soon. Processing this many vehicles by forensics isn't going to be quick, jmo.
Problem is, we don't know if they are processing forensics. They could be breaking down cars looking for VIN or secret compartments.

I think some of those cars have been there for years, so processing these could go faster depending on what they are looking for.

LE never does anything just to be doing it. It may not always be obvious why, but there is definitely a reason.

No. I didn't mean they were doing it for nothing. I meant it may or may not tie into the murders.

Those old cars probably have lots of critters living in them if they've been there for years. Snakes & such. I wouldn't want the job of processing those!

Right!
Anyone, can LE get location and time stamp from photos on Social Media?

Absolutely! Anytime a photo is taken with a digital device, information is embedded with the photo. It is possible to post to social media without the info, but many times it is available. There are programs available to access the info. I just checked a photo I was emailed by right clicking and selecting "get info" on my Mac. The info available was time, date, camera, lens, and photo size. If a smart phone is used, location may be available. I have disabled the location on my iPhone because I frequently take photos of my grandson and don't want the photo to be able to be traced to a location.

I agree. Killing 8 people over stolen car parts sounds unlikely, but your theory seems very plausible.
If they were involved with a chop shop they would just be part of a big operation, that is dangerous and usually happens in inner cities.

It is huge business and it is run by very dangerous people, it isn't about selling a radiator to John Doe in town.

I just thought of something. Speculating.

Seems like regardless of the "reasons" given, there was to be a specific gathering of the Rhoden men on Friday.

DS came in to "work on cars" Gary arrived for same reason?

Even young Chris was there. Was he supposed to be there that night?
Where did Chris usually live?

(Do we have any solid info. on exactly where (location) each Rhoden lived on 'normal' days?)

With women and children also there, the Rhoden men did not expect trouble.

Maybe the "unknown persons" scheduled a meeting on Friday for what seemed to be harmless reasons.

Rhoden men gathered at Rhoden homes. DS was expected to be at Kenneth's, but wasn't. Coincidence?

Early morning when all are asleep, the Rhodens were ambushed.

IF this theory has merit, possibly phone records give LE a lead.
Well something Gary's dad said made me think Gary had been there for a short time and had been helping Chris. I thought I also read that Gary had done some work with Chris at that Big Bear or whatever the name was, a few times.

It is possible he would come down there off and on or he had been there for a few days or longer.

I think the removal of the cars is for 2 reasons. They want to process them for possible evidence but I also think they want to clear the scenes of any potential evidence so they don't have to continue to borrow surrounding LE officers to guard the crime scenes.

I'll go ahead and put this here, I've discussed it privately with a couple of people the last couple of days and more since last night..

I think the politicial spin on this case has a lot to do with Kasich being on the campaign trail. I eluded to the the other day.

If that is the case, Cruz dropped out last night so it will even be worse. Now I'm waiting to see if this gets solved very quickly and it is some outlier that makes no sense to anyone, which is a "victory" being solved.

Or..

If it goes really cold and really quiet.

If there is as much political spin on this case as I think there has been, Cruz dropping out last night is not good for this case.

Is there any info on size and how new and/or high tech the indoor grow was?There was a property purchased, and a new building put on it recently, did i get that right?
All we have heard was the indoor one was about 200 plants.

All we have heard was the indoor one was about 200 plants.
If you search CRSR'S property (4077) with Google maps, it does NOT show the large white structure that looks like a long barn.

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

If you search CRSR'S property (4077) with Google maps, it does NOT show the large white structure that looks like a long barn.

So that must be a new structure. There used to be a way to see the same area from different times. Google earth maybe? I can't do that anymore with my lousy internet service.

Must have gone up after the google photo was taken. Should be a date on the google image. JMO

Must have gone up after the google photo was taken. Should be a date on the google image. JMO
I'm sure there is, but I can't find it lol. I'm really supposed to be studying for my Finals, ugh!

Something interesting I just saw..

"In Australia, buying accident-crashed cars at auction and repairing with parts from a stolen vehicle or using the VIN and Engine Numbers of the purchased vehicle to register the stolen vehicle is called car rebirthing."
It's a bit harder than that here. You ave to have the receipts for your parts and if you say you "bought" your parts from a private individual then you have to have a notarized statement from that individual, and receipts for work done (which that can be done by the owner). All of that has to be turned in when you take your car for inspection to get a rebuilt title. If anything is "off" you don't get a title. They do that b/c of the stuff that was happening like what's going on in Australia, it was happening here.

I'm sure there is, but I can't find it lol. I'm really supposed to be studying for my Finals, ugh!

Me too. I don't know why I thought going back to college in my 50's was a good idea. ugh

Right!
Anyone, can LE get location and time stamp from photos on Social Media?
With a warrant, yes. With someone being in immediate danger, FB has generally given the info.

I agree. Doesn't seem like they have much, but I sure am hoping we are wrong. The whole family must be so sad and scared. What a horrible tragedy!

As far as the cars, they will most likely spend time processing them in an environment where they can process adequately and release them to the family as they process them. It's easier to process them in their environment where they have a lift, etc. They have a lot of crime scenes to go through over there so I'm sure it is a painfully slow process!

I suspect that LE knows far more than they are talking about in a general sort of way. As in, enough to develop a theory of the crime that they are not sharing with us. And I continue to believe that as horrific as these murders are, they are only one piece of a much larger puzzle that spreads far beyond Pike County. Frankly, I would not be surprised if it takes some years before we see the identification of a killer/killers. And I look for break-throughs to come as people are picked up for a variety of other crimes who are willing to deal down their own situation by informing on others.

I don't see imminent danger from "a killer among us." First because this seemed to be so specifically targeted. Mission accomplished. Just play along and nobody (else) gets hurt. But also because I think that the killer/killers are no longer in the community, nor are they likely to have been a part of the community to begin with.

Expect LE to continue to lean on Leonard and anyone else who may have information and a willingness to talk. I don't see him as being central, trustworthy or basically involved. More of a nosy neighbor sort willing to talk.

My opinion on the cars ... Ostensibly being removed as 'evidence' but in reality to secure them pending a court order to attach them as proceeds of crime ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288