GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Texas Mist, Feb 18, 2011.

1. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

This is just so very sad. Im praying they find Gladis.

RIP MR Harris. :rose:

2. Whatever1

Whatever1 New Member

The thing I don't get is...when he ran from the officer, wouldn't the officer still had to run his plates...thus, the plates coming back as missing or stolen or something???

I think they should just squeeze SL nu** until he tells the truth. I hope they find her. I'm sure the family would like to have a funeral for them together. What a way for an elderly couple's life to end.

3. trigger

trigger Well-Known Member

4. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

I wonder if any of the farmers in those areas cover their rows with plastic? Plastic helps the soil warm faster for planting earlier. Down here in Florida it is used under pepper plants a lot because green peppers and hot peppers are heat lovers.

Clear plastic can also be used to solarize soil during non growing seasons to organically kill off nematodes which are inherently in FL soil instead of using chemicals. There are no safe chemicals or soil fumigants, that kill nematodes, to use on soil that is used for food crops.

I wonder if what he thinks was a cotton field may have been a field where the rows were covered in either clear or black plastic or even weed barrier (strawberries etc). Would a full moon make plastic appear to be white like cotton?

5. truthsleuth

truthsleuth New Member

OK everyone, please bear with me on this one. Mr. Russell was found on Lightfoot Mill Road (LMR). Just down the road from the entrance to LMR are odd, white, glowing areas. First, note how close these areas (#1 and #2 with red and blue arrows) are to LMR.

[​IMG]

OK, let's look at the areas more closely. The roads leading to them are first paved, then sandy. Inside the areas are sharply inclined "hills." The entire areas are either white and glowing, or sandy. Is this what Littleton was referring to as "white glowing cotton fields"? Is this where he put Gladis?

Area #1

[​IMG]

Area #2

[​IMG]

First, what are these areas? Does anyone know? Limestone quarries? (I don't even know why I'm guessing--I have no idea what they are.)

Second, could this be where Gladis was placed? The two areas are rather close to Lightfoot Mill Road, and they are reached by paved roads first, then sandy roads that lead to sharp inclines.

And these two areas are white and glowing. Isn't that something?

I hope this is where she is. And I hope LE is checking there. Gladis needs to be with her husband in life and in death, buried together. It's only right.

6. dsntslp

dsntslp New Member

Maps at the tax appraisers website for that county would tell what business and structures etc are located there.

7. Rhyme & Reason

Rhyme & Reason Well-Known Member

Wow truthsleuth, good find! Very interesting..

8. mysteriew

mysteriew A diamond in process

Great find Truthsleuth! Does anyone have Google earth so that we can maybe get a look at a different angle on this and see if we can figure out what it is?

Dsntslp that's a good idea! What is the name of that county where he was found?

Can we get the address for that site truthsleuth? Here is the tax accessors office for Hamilton Co Tenn.
    http://www.hamiltontn.gov/assessor/

9. Nandee63

Nandee63 Member

Truthsleuth, I think you should report this find to the LE in that area. Send it by email so they can see the pictures you've posted here. I think you are SO on to something. If SL is telling the truth in terms of his description, what you found here absolutely fits. You know the LE may not be placing much weight on what SL is saying about "white and glowing cotton" because they know that's impossible in this area at this time of year. What you have found from Google Earth may not even occur to the authorities there unless they've looked at the same map. They need to send up a helicopter to fly over these areas.

10. redtailhawk

redtailhawk Hi! I'm Arlo the dog, I like groundhogs, biscuits

I have google earthed the area, they are definately "quarries". Many of the businesses surrounding the quarries have parking lots filled with concrete culvert tubes, stacked up and waiting for shipment. So it looks like them must make a lot of concrete in the area. I noted that the entrances to these quarries are "gated" (whether the gates are closed at night or not is a good question.)

This sure would match many of the descriptions given of the place where Gladis was cruelly dumped.

RTH

11. TexasLil

TexasLil New Member

Here is a picture of the same area from Bing maps...

[​IMG]

12. truthsleuth

truthsleuth New Member

I agree, but I'm leaving shortly and I'll be out most of the day (important consultation).

If there is anyone else who can notify them, please feel free to use my stuff. I think it makes the most sense.

Thanks!

13. truthsleuth

truthsleuth New Member

I'll see if i can find an exact address, but Google Earth doesn't always give exact addresses. They're often more into ranges. Yesterday I was able to find the railroad tressle near where Richard was found, but no matter if I moved down the street or up the street quite a distance, I continued to receive the same exact address information: 3806 Lightfoot Mill Road.

I'll see what I can do.

BTW, I used Google Earth to find these areas.

14. truthsleuth

truthsleuth New Member

OK, I have partial information:

For site #2 it is owned by Martin Marietta Materials and is called Chattanooga Quarry at 2 Pelican Drive, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37416 (1-423-899-8000)

[​IMG]

This image is for a different quarry owned by Martin Marietta, but doesn't it look exactly as SL described it? Sandy, sharp inclines? It would glow white at night with bright lights on it.

I still need info for #1. I'll try to do it before I leave but I make no promises.

15. January.

January. Active Member

I think what he's trying to do is downplay the horror of what he did. "White, glowing cotton field" as if he's saying he "rested" her in a beautiful serene setting. Not that he murdered her and dumped her body. Makes me sooo mad!

16. truthsleuth

truthsleuth New Member

Area #2 appears to also be run by Martin Marietta Materials and is part of the Chattanooga Quarry.

Martin Marrietta's offices are on site on Pelican Drive, and behind the offices the quarry is found. Here is the entrance to the quarry. (Notice that the gates are open, and they are open in every other location on Google Earth.)

Entrance to Chattanooga Quarry from Pelican Drive:

[​IMG]

Tall, sandy inclines ...

I'm leaving now. Will check back later. May Gladis be found by then.

17. Adrienne37

Adrienne37 Former Member

Cotton is planted in mid-March through the end of May and harvested in September through December so he must have been high on drugs if he said he saw a field of cotton growing in the middle of February.

~jmo~

18. Ronso

Ronso Snake Hugger

Or maybe SL is too stupid to realize that cotton isn't being grown right now...

19. mysteriew

I'm thinking that SL was on the run, had been driving a long distance, little or no sleep. I'm thinking he was probably tired, rushed, paranoid and maybe even a little delusional. To the point where when he saw something from a distance, he might get confused at what he was actually seeing.

OK, the quarry looks like it might glow in the moonlight. Would he have driven through a low income area to get there?

I think the quarry would be good to tip, but with the understanding that it probably wasn't in the quarry itself, but maybe at the edge or somewhere it could be seen from a distance. If he had seen it close up he would have realized it wasn't a cotton field.

Who wants to call it in?

Probably should be called into both the tipline 866-693-9171 and the Hamilton Co Sheriff's Dept admin 423-209-7000. Or could call Chatanooga Police Dept. (423) 643-5000.

20. mysteriew

That's what I was looking for Truthsleuth!