GUILTY OH - Richard, 84, & Gladis Russell, 85, Bellefontaine, 16 Feb 2011

Authorities Want Littleton Back In Ohio

Posted: 4:20 pm EST March 8, 2011
Updated: 10:47 pm EST March 8, 2011

WEST VIRGINIA -- Samuel Littleton, the man suspected of killing Richard and Gladis Russell and Tiffany Brown, was back in a West Virginia courtroom Tuesday afternoon.

Littleton appeared before a judge to hear motions requesting a DNA swab and fingerprints.

The judge ruled that neither was necessary for his extradition case.

http://www.whiotv.com/news/27123486/detail.html

Hmm...makes me wonder if they suspect him of other crimes.

Now, Gerald Christman and a group of Logan County residents want to head south and conduct their own search.

Christman said they've been in contact with law enforcement in Tennessee to make sure they aren't back-tracking areas that have already been looked over.

He said this is going to be a thorough, well-organized search and he's calling on residents both here in Ohio and in Tennessee to take part.

http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/local/logan/wdtn-Locals-head-to-TN-for-search-mo

Could be, SurfieTX. Wouldn't be surprised at all if there's a long list of crimes he committed that he was never accused of. I think he got away with a lot for a long time.

I am so proud of all the searchers out there! Just makes me realize that through all the horror, there are indeed good people in the world. :hug:

Sweet firecracker Gladis, may you be found today so that you can be at peace next to Richard.

Could be. I've suggested this before. I just can't see him escalating at this point in his life to this level of crime with no particular instances before. For DN to have lived with him as long as she did and have no inkling...I really am suspect.

Posted on ABC6's facebook

"BREAKING NEWS: The body of an elderly woman has been found in Vienna Georgia right off of I-75 in a cotton field. Police believe it to be the body of missing Bellefontaine woman Gladis Russell. Police are waiting for dental records for confirmation."

Posted on ABC6's facebook

"BREAKING NEWS: The body of an elderly woman has been found in Vienna Georgia right off of I-75 in a cotton field. Police believe it to be the body of missing Bellefontaine woman Gladis Russell. Police are waiting for dental records for confirmation."

Oh, please, please let it be Gladis.

Geezus. That's 5 HOURS away from Chattanooga, TN. I hate this ! "Across town," my you-know-what. ARRGGHH!

ETA: It is off of 75 and almost to Valdosta, so it sounds like SL's route.

He might have thought this wild goose chase was funny, but he's not getting the last laugh...

I don't wish for the death penalty that often, but I say let this burn.

I have been checking this thread daily for news that they found Gladis. I hope they have found her so that she can be put to rest beside her husband.

This whole case makes me sick! SL is one sick individual and not a normal human being.

That poor couple. I hate people who do things like this. May you be punished severely.

I just got this alert!

From WALB-News 10:

Hello XXXXX ,

A body found in Dooly County today is believed to be 85-year old Gladis Russell. The Ohio woman and her husband were abducted and murdered earlier this month.
The killer admitted dumping their bodies out along the way on a trip south. Mr. Russell's body was found in Chatanooga, TN. The accused killer, Sammy Littleton , remains in jail.

You are going home now Gladis. Peace be with you and Richard.

I heard this while I was at the gas station! Please let it be Gladis.

When I clicked on the thread, I was expecting to read more of the upcoming search but was so glad that they have found a body. I pray that it will be confirmed to be Gladis and that her and Richard will be joined together again.

Wasn't it also in Dooly County GA where the rumors were flying about finding a dead body a couple of weeks ago?

I just got this alert!

From WALB-News 10:

Hello XXXXX ,

A body found in Dooly County today is believed to be 85-year old Gladis Russell. The Ohio woman and her husband were abducted and murdered earlier this month.
The killer admitted dumping their bodies out along the way on a trip south. Mr. Russell's body was found in Chatanooga, TN. The accused killer, Sammy Littleton , remains in jail.

You are going home now Gladis. Peace be with you and Richard.

Here is the article:

The body of a woman found by a farmer in a cotton field in the vicinity of Vienna, Ga.,

Prine said it was found near a cotton field next to a sandy road. “That is pretty much where Littleton identified he placed the body.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news...-could-be-that-of-gladis-russell-1102577.html

So glad to see this today but wish it were under different circumstances and Gladis was found alive.

Dooly County is another 4 hour drive south on 75 from Chattanooga.

I was just coming here thinking of Gladis. Please oh Please bring her home to Richard. Peace will certainly be found with them back together.

IIRC, Richard was found on a Saturday, but we didn't hear anything from the media until Monday. It could be the body was located before today. In any event, I PRAY this is her. It has to be.

I'm balling my eyes out right now.We all want that never ending Love. Til Death do us part.
I'm sorry to be so mushy, but I can't help it.

This has been a heartbreaking case for me too. Hugs to everyone and to you
((((coldpizza))))

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23