Identified! OH - Rittman, WhtMale UP10279, 18-50, in woods, Sep'11 - Jack Hall

This was the text of a message I sent CarlK in 2013:

Bones found in Rittman, OH in 2011. At first they said they had been there at least 6 months, then I saw a while back that the NamUs case file said as early as 1996 was the most recent guesstimate.

I just saw Jack Hall. He disappeared well before 1996 and is younger than they thought. However he was last seen working at his company, which was located right next door to the Morton Salt property.

The notes under circumstances in his profile say

UNKNOWN, WORKED AT Ohio Boxboard Packaging Corporation of America, LOCATED IN RITTMAN OHIO.

* This case is not to be published at this time. It is being entered to facilitate DNA processing and analysis.

So, that's why I'm not putting it on the board but I wonder if it's him after all this time...

So because of the part in red, I didn't post it, but it doesn't sound like a hunting accident, JMO.

http://www.the-daily-record.com/local news/2014/12/15/bones-found-in-rittman-3-years-ago-identified

Ironically, this cold case was eventually closed after a production assistant from a new TNT show, “Cold Justice,” called Rittman Police Chief Mike Burg to see if his department had any unsolved homicides. Burg mentioned the unidentified bones, but the “Cold Justice” production worker passed on the story.

The Daily Record wrote about about the show passing on this story, and Burg released new information about case, namely that clothing found at the scene of the bones had the name JACK-HALL stamped in ink in one of the pockets.

When the story ran March 20, 2013, Bill Fairchild happened to pick up a copy of the newspaper. When he saw his brother-in-law’s name, he was shocked.

Wondering about Benjamin Brubaker of Ashland Ohio. Ashland Ohio is about 45 minutes from Rittman and a straight shot on 604. If you look at a map, and picture someone coming from the west on 604, it's easy to see how they could end up at the Morton property.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14105/40/

Do you have any new info on Ben?
How did you decide to pull his name?

Thanks!!!
Adam

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads