GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Betty P

Reaction score
Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader indicted by grand jury on 16 charges

Ohio Attorney General Dave Yost:

“This will have no impact on the Wagner capital murder cases, as Sheriff Reader was not the primary witness for any issue of fact or law. Ohio sheriffs act with integrity and honor, and this rare occurrence does not reflect the excellent work they do daily throughout their counties,” Yost said in a brief news release Friday after we contacted his office for comment.

Pike County sheriff Charles Reader pleads not guilty in 16-count criminal case

Feel free to add the more news media links about the case.

Last edited:
wasn't there a website - a local website - not Facebook - whose sole purpose was to bring down CR or the sheriffs dept in Pike Co? rumor was it was started by a disgruntled employee or someone dismissed - deputy or former deputy??? I remember it criticizing almost everything he did -- it was after Rhoden murders

wasn't there a website - a local website - not Facebook - whose sole purpose was to bring down CR or the sheriffs dept in Pike Co? rumor was it was started by a disgruntled employee or someone dismissed - deputy or former deputy??? I remember it criticizing almost everything he did -- it was after Rhoden murders

IDK, but please don't link it or discuss anything about it here. Against TOS. Thanks!

Where I'm at this type of thing is handled by putting the official on administrative leave. No State Supreme Court, no arguments between suspension or firing. You get a certain percentage of your salary and keep your benefits. You don't get to build up your sick time.

If your exonerated then you are off administrative leave and back in business with back pay.

Where I'm at this type of thing is handled by putting the official on administrative leave. No State Supreme Court, no arguments between suspension or firing. You get a certain percentage of your salary and keep your benefits. You don't get to build up your sick time.

If your exonerated then you are off administrative leave and back in business with back pay.

Yeah, Ohio is a sketchy state. Lots of loopholes in their system that allow partisan punishments and protections. Also very unfriendly to worker's rights, as in this case. Hey! It's the state whose governor sent out the National Guard to murder 4 students and injure several others just because of a non-violent anti-war protest. It really hasn't changed since the days of James Rhodes. If anything it's worse.

As a non-native, I look forward to moving away in retirement.

Yeah, Ohio is a sketchy state. Lots of loopholes in their system that allow partisan punishments and protections. Also very unfriendly to worker's rights, as in this case. Hey! It's the state whose governor sent out the National Guard to murder 4 students and injure several others just because of a non-violent anti-war protest. It really hasn't changed since the days of James Rhodes. If anything it's worse.

As a non-native, I look forward to moving away in retirement.

Sounds like you live there now. Also where I'm at workers rights are huge, huge Unions.
a Sheriff (regular officers also) would be represented by a Union Official who would negotiate the administrative leave and make sure that there is a media spokesperson (if high profile) to make sure word gets out : "innocent until proven guilty".
And make sure the Department is treating the person fairly. Almost like a lawyer in a way.

Even with a simple disciplinary "slap on the wrist" from your Captain you get a Union Official at the disciplinary hearing every time.

Last edited:
Sounds like you live there now. Also where I'm at workers rights are huge, huge Unions.
a Sheriff (regular officers also) would be represented by a Union Official who would negotiate the administrative leave and make sure that there is a media spokesperson (if high profile) to make sure word gets out : "innocent until proven guilty".
And make sure the Department is treating the person fairly. Almost like a lawyer in a way.

Workers rights are protected in pockets of the state, agree. It's two Ohios. One northeast and all the rest. Up here, people have considered trying to get Canada to annex us or at least split the state in half.;)

But yeah, I'm bored with it. Looking forward to living somewhere else.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back