GUILTY OH - Sheriff Charles Reader, charged with theft in office, Pike Co, 29 Jun 2019

Thanks for the update. Hope everything works out ok for Charlie. Maybe some day he can write a book about all this.
Jmo he probably will, he did say if there’s a book there’s a book, if there’s a movie there’s a movie. Jmo he was really looking forward to it Jmo but his role may not be portrayed the way he thought it was going to be Jmo

Pike County Becomes 2A Sanctuary County - Scioto Post
83679311_3001173026562519_1253153173573468160_o.jpg

Suspended Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader facing more charges in new indictment
Suspended Pike County Sheriff Charles Reader facing more charges in new indictment

None of those sound especially compelling or outrageous. Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity sounds like one of those charges stacked onto the others to build a case. Almost like they're going back over all the paperwork to see how many more charges they can justify, not that there was any additional criminal activity. JMO

ETA: I still don't see the charges against him as being very serious. Borrowing money from fellow employees? Who knew that was illegal, not that it's a good idea, but.. Tampering with evidence envelopes without telling superiors? Obviously there's no evidence of theft, as they continue to claim in the news media, so I don't understand how that's such a big deal. Maybe worthy of a fine or something. It certainly shows how so many small town LE departments become and remain corrupt.

Last edited:
None of those sound especially compelling or outrageous. Engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity sounds like one of those charges stacked onto the others to build a case. Almost like they're going back over all the paperwork to see how many more charges they can justify, not that there was any additional criminal activity. JMO
Yes! I don't believe in doing that crap.
Taking one charge and dividing it into 2-3- 4 charges.....:mad:

Yes! I don't believe in doing that crap.
Taking one charge and dividing it into 2-3- 4 charges.....:mad:

And I don't like the news media continuing to report that he was suspected of stealing money from drug bust envelopes when no such charges were filed against him. This is what I mean about Ohio's news media being so bad most of the time. Who has it in for Reader? Why?

And I don't like the news media continuing to report that he was suspected of stealing money from drug bust envelopes when no such charges were filed against him. This is what I mean about Ohio's news media being so bad most of the time. Who has it in for Reader? Why?
I agree %100. You don't think The revenge talk had anything to do with it? The Wagners made it very clear that Reader was on their hit list.

But aside from them, we can look back at the crazy campaign that took place when the election for Sheriff took place::

CHILLICOTHE GAZETTE
Pike County sheriff's race among dirtiest in Ohio

The sheriff's race between appointed Sheriff Charles Reader, a Democrat, and his Republican opponent, Delbert Slusher, easily garnered the title less than a month ago when somebody distributed a 12-page tabloid newspaper entitled "The Dirty Badge." Its pages, delivered to an unknown number of driveways around the county and throughout the Bristol Village retirement community, provides accounts of allegations against Reader.

“It’s absolutely ridiculous. Dirty politics,” Reader said of "The Dirty Badge" after a candidates' forum. “I don’t care. I have no criminal history. That was an absolute pathetic attempt to discredit everything that my office and I have done for the last 16 months. Doesn’t even deserve an answer.”
*************************************************************************************

Video: Suspended Pike Co sheriff ‘I’d be better if you’d get the f--- off my property’
October 21, 2019 at 11:57 AM EDT - Updated October 23 at 5:16 AM

READER:
“In regards to the video released of me “being served today," Reader wrote Saturday night, "I am under a lot of pressure and stress. I have built my life on criminal justice and on a law enforcement badge. I feel very hurt and broken through these recent happenings. As you can imagine, the respect I once had for the badge is dwindling each day as I fight everyday to find hope. I regret my words.

“The deputy, however, was wrong for secretly recording,” Reader continued. "The Sheriff’s office does not have office issued body cams and the video that was released was done so by the deputy, himself, and not the office, which is in violation of office policies. I am evaluating my legal options at this time and have made contact with the Interim Sheriff and discussed this matter. No other comment on this matter will be made by me. It will, however, be by my legal team. Enough is enough.

Last edited:
Jmo on June 27, 2017 he made the announcement ms13 was coming to pike co even though connecting county sheriffs stated they had not heard that. Now why would he announce that and others not heard of it.

June, 2017 Wagner property searched twice.

Isn’t a felony one pretty bad? Jmo must be something to upgrade instead of trying to plea bargain down. Jmo

I think there are dirty politics, and agree that we have heard threats were made by the Wagners. I don’t believe that either one of those issues though are what put Reader in the position he is in. They could have ratted him out somehow, but it sounds to me like he made some poor choices and they caught up with him. He may have went through hell in his time as Sheriff, but he did have control over his own decisions and actions.

In my view, It appears that he had a habit (sounds like gambling), and like a human with a habit, he gave into it and fed it in whatever ways he could find. This included taking advantage of the resources surrounding him while Sheriff. At this time, I see it as the former Sheriff is human and let his impulses override his logic. That doesn’t however excuse him from his actions.

IF Reader’s words are accurate that others are playing dirty games or involved in corruption in Pike County, and he wants to get his charges reduced...All the dirty COULD start shaking out at he tries to negotiate or plea down. This F1 now has him facing 3-11 years on that single charge along with:

Secondary Consequences for a Corrupt Activity Conviction
In addition to a prison term and substantial fine, a corrupt activity conviction can have significant secondary consequences. These include having a permanent criminal record, inability to gain employment or housing, and the loss of certain constitutional rights, such as the right to vote and own a firearm.

All above JMO.. Just thoughts..I am open minded that while he may have a big heart and gave the Pike County Murders his all, he still got wrapped up in his own mess via his personal decisions and actions, which only he had the ability to control.

Are you sure these are not the two F3 charges (1 for theft and 1 for tampering with evidence)? There were several other lower level theft and etc. charges but I think these two F3’s are what made it possible for the grand jury to reach an F1 Corrupt Activity charge rather than F2.

Last edited:
Hadsell Chemical Processing, LLC and Robert Walton, Jr. (Release No. LR-23835; May 18, 2017)

IMO, this is much much bigger than Sheriff Reader. Go back and look in his court record, especially for 2019CR000068, June 28, 2019. The new charges are not NEW. This crap involves Hadsell Chemical and one VIP, ROBERT W WALTON, JR from Loveland. Research really pays off, but it takes a lot of time. 2016CIV00251 and 2016CIV00367 (listed in C. Reader's court records) play a role, too, IMO.

Is Fredericka Wagner involved? Just a question.

I definitely believe she is deeply involved in trying to sinking Sheriff Reader. No doubt about it. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back