Found Deceased OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #7 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, 2Hope4, the statement was on there yesterday when Reporter Emily Nelson said that there would be more info later. Mixed messages, huh?
Channel 13 has also stated there are some details they aren't releasing in respect to the family.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

I don't think the family has been given much respect. From comments on The Blade's website, I'm inclined to think sierah's mother agrees.

The he thing that shocked me was when the University of Toledo held a vigil (Go Rockets), they put a giant picture in the Blade of the family mourning. All they've asked for is privacy. I'll buy a Blade again.

I don't think the family has been given much respect. From comments on The Blade's website, I'm inclined to think sierah's mother agrees.

The he thing that shocked me was when the University of Toledo held a vigil (Go Rockets), they put a giant picture in the Blade of the family mourning. All they've asked for is privacy. I'll buy a Blade again.
I agree, and the timing of their breaking news is terrible. They could have waited until after the funeral if they felt compelled to release the search warrants.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Channel 13 has also stated there are some details they aren't releasing in respect to the family.

I have complete empathy for the victims and their families. With that said, imo it is the News Media's job to report the news. An informed and aware public is critical for a much safer community, imo. To prevent a repeat of this very tragic incident in this community or others, all unanswered questions should be addressed. There is entirely too much silence and lack of transparency in this case, imo.
It is called 'Public Safety' for a reason, and silence is the serial predator/killers most lethal weapon..

I have complete empathy for the victims and their families. With that said, imo it is the News Media's job to report the news. An informed and aware public is critical for a much safer community, imo. To prevent a repeat of this very tragic incident in this community or others, all unanswered questions should be addressed. There is entirely too much silence and lack of transparency in this case, imo.
It is called 'Public Safety' for a reason, and silence is the serial predator/killers most lethal weapon..
Rationally, I agree with your statement. But my heart conflicts. A victims family does not want to see ugly details of their loved ones death, blasted all over the tv, print and internet media sites. I can imagine they feel some ownership over those details, and want them to be private until the case reaches a courtroom. Is there a public safety issue now that he is behind bars, and not likely to ever see a public street again? I'm aware of how hypocritical the above is. After all, I am an active member of a crime discussion website. Anyone else conflicted in this way?

Rationally, I agree with your statement. But my heart conflicts. A victims family does not want to see ugly details of their loved ones death, blasted all over the tv, print and internet media sites. I can imagine they feel some ownership over those details, and want them to be private until the case reaches a courtroom. Is there a public safety issue now that he is behind bars, and not likely to ever see a public street again? I'm aware of how hypocritical the above is. After all, I am an active member of a crime discussion website. Anyone else conflicted in this way?

(I remember when I saw on Nancy Grace, she was bombshelling on how Jessica Ridgeway was dismembered, she kept saying it was her torso that was found, I was mortified that she was saying this publicly. I didn't know this was the case with Jessica, and even though I'm not family I was still livid she was announcing this. I wrote NG and her producers a very angry and upset letter, was very upset, but it was the truth, she had been dismembered that way...to answer your question, Knox, I'm still conflicted. I do agree with Foxfire that an aware and informed public is crucial, but still...I don't think my little students, for example, and her classmates, etc. needed to know this. And it is awful for the victim's family, those details plastered. But it's awful anyway, period. Moo)

(Eta: in Jessica's case, some horrific details were reserved for the courtroom. And horrific is not even the word.)

The perp is in custody. Making additional details about her demise public does not serve any purpose other than satisfy people's curiosity, imo. It will probably all be revealed eventually, but I see no urgent need to do so. Let the family grieve in peace. I'm sure they'd prefer not to be in the news now.

<BBM for focus>

Knox, I honor and respect your opinion and do not think that you are hypocritical for wanting to show empathy and respect for SJ and her family. We all do..
'Is there a public safety issue now that he is behind bars, and not likely to ever see a public street again? We simply do not know. There was a severe public safety issue in the Fulton County, Ohio community prior to the evening of July 19, 2016. There was a convicted active recidivist serial sexual predator/killer living among the community. operating a house of horrors for over a decade. Yet, it seems that no one knew including the FCSD...

On another note, I haven't started searching, but maybe someone else has. Do we know anything about whether or not JW used any type of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Hangouts, MySpace, etc.? I'm sure there are more, but those are just what comes to mind. If he did, there might be more insight into how his mind works (although maybe we don't want to know....).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I agree that there is a media fail, but it is not in local media withholding further details. It is that there should have been widespread national media coverage, so that no matter where we are we could bring up her name, his name and people would know of the abduction and murder...and the basics of how she was abducted and what kind of offender he is. That is what the public and LE need to know, locally & nationally. The information already disclosed gives a pretty accurate view of the nature of the crime and enough for others to take note if they see something amiss by recognizing similarities.
For those intent on details, that will likely come out in the justice system in due time. I see no reason for the family not to have privacy now and have time to deal with what has happened. I, too, would ask that my daughter's dignity not be any further violated by public disclosure.
I would like to be able to put together and know what exactly happened, but that desire is insignificant in comparison. I can read a book that has all that of a true crime alike in nature; there are many.

ETA: What can we do? Share the missing & their cases on our social media. Contact our local media with the story.

Anybody remember the famous saying from trial "I can explain it to you, but can't understand it for you" when trying to describe these scenario's to I believe Baez?

That sounds like a very polite way of saying: "You are an idiot for even asking."

And this is where LE come in to say there was no more remains found on his property.
Which brings me to believe what I said earlier they should canvas more areas because he was out burying evidence or others during that time not on his property. He knew they were getting close.

His one known victim was not dumped on his own property. While it's necessary to search his property and note that no human remains were found, I can't imagine that his property is the one place to assume he'd bury or dump or hide any of his other murdered victims, if there are any. It's impossible to find a pattern with one data point.

For all we know, he's telling them everything already.

I neeeeeeeeed to go to this trial!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't see this going to trial. Also, I may have mentioned it before but the lack of other victims found on his property does not mean there was not DNA of various victims on his property. I feel like by the time he is charged with everything (which I'm making an assumption of more charges here), he will take a plea.

That sounds like a very polite way of saying: "You are an idiot for even asking."

Im a high school teacher...and I will likely use this phrase in class when I come across learned helplessness and those who refuse to think through things....but want repeated hand holding. Sorry if I sound like a bad teacher.

I really don't see this going to trial. Also, I may have mentioned it before but the lack of other victims found on his property does not mean there was not DNA of various victims on his property. I feel like by the time he is charged with everything (which I'm making an assumption of more charges here), he will take a plea.

I hate the thought that they gave him a pen and paper on a list of others for a plea.

Just a reminder - links to articles and videos from Main Stream Media and statements from Law Enforcement officials are good source material. A link to a youtube video has been removed. It is not MSM or LE statement. The contents of that video are speculation and theory, but presented as factual. That can cause no end of confusion down the road.

I'm under the impression that most of us believe that JW has many more victims. IMO the information known to LE and the media that's not being release could play a HUGE roll in connecting the dots to more victims. Although I respect SJ's family and feel great sorrow for them, I feel the same grief and sorrow for the other potential victims and their loved ones......they also deserve justice and peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288