GUILTY OH - Sierah Joughin, 20, Fulton County, 19 July 2016 #9

Discussion in 'Trials' started by Harmony 2, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harmony 2

Harmony 2 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator

2. Loading...

3. tlcya

tlcya Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Desperate search for Ohio Woman Sierah Joughin Who Vanished While on Bike Ride

Sierah Joughin was out riding with her boyfriend Tuesday before the pair parted ways around 6:45 p.m. near Evergreen High School in Metamora, Ohio. The University of Toledo junior was reported missing by her family later that night when she didn't return home. Her purple bicycle was discovered several rows into a cornfield not far from where she was last seen, Fulton County Sheriff Roy Miller said Thursday. He added that there were signs of struggle.

Ex-con charged in murder of Ohio college student

A sheriff's investigator filed a criminal complaint Tuesday accusing an ex-convict of aggravated murder after a University of Toledo student's body was found following her disappearance last week.James Worley, is charged in the death of 20-year-old Sierah Joughin. She was last seen July 19 riding her bike along a country road with her boyfriend, reports CBS affiliate WTOL. The two parted ways after their ride, but Joughin never made it home.Worley was initially arrested Friday on an abduction charge in the disappearance.[...]The sheriff later confirmed that the remains found in a cornfield Friday were that of Sierah Joughin

.Murder, abduction suspect to remain in jail without bond

WAUSEON — A Fulton County judge today ordered that a murder and abduction suspect should remain in jail without bond.

Case Map [compliments of steelman]

Thread #1
    Thread #2
    Thread #3
    Thread #4
    Thread #5
    Thread #6
    Thread #7
    Thread #8

Known and potential victims of accused killer James Dean Worley Thread

Search and Seizure Warrant

4. Bravo

Bravo Well-Known Member

5. Spellbound

Spellbound Double, double toil and trouble

6. Spellbound

Good recap from dixiegirl at the end of the last thread:
    https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...County-19-July-2016-8&p=13990635#post13990635

7. Spellbound

8. Spellbound

9. dixiegirl1035

dixiegirl1035 Well-Known Member

Did Skibs do a case map that is current still? Yooohoooo Skibaboo. Batcall....can it be posted if one exists as I am wanting to reorient with locations as the map they use in court doesn't help.

10. JenaTaoson

JenaTaoson Member

Copy and pasted from Kadoober on previous thread

Timeline

7/19/2016 20 year old Sierah Joughin is last seen riding her bike by her boyfriend in the evening, around Cty Rd 6 and 120 in Fulton County Ohio. She doesn't come home and is reported missing.
    7/19/2016 Sierahs bike is found in a cornfield very close to home around midnight, on County road 6.
    7/22/2016 James D. Worley is arrested for the abduction of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600172
    7/22/2016 Investigators begin searching the home and property of James D. Worley at 10627 County Road 6 in Delta.
    7/22/2016 Search and Seizure warrant is filed
    7/23/2016 Investigators find the body of Sierah Joughin buried in a shallow grave, in an area off of County Road 7.
    7/26/2016 James D. Worley is charged with the aggravated murder of Sierah Joughin - Fulton county case CRA1600177
    7/27/2016 Delta lawyer Amber VanGunten wants to have Worleys DNA tested in connection with Lori Ann HIll
    7/27/2016 BCI used fingerprints to identify Sierah Joughin
    7/27/2016 T.Luke Jones is assigned to prosecute JDW Fulton county case CRA1600177 (Agg murder) and CRA1600172 (Abduction)
    7/28/2016 Search Warrant information is released from the search of Worleys property. It is beyond horrific.
    8/2/2016 A spokesperson for the Attorney General’s office said no other remains have been found on Worley’s property but added that the investigation is ongoing.
    8/10/2016 Sierah's cause of death has been ruled asphyxiation. She was found gagged, handcuffed and hog tied. No evidence of sexual assault.
    8/16/2016 JDW is indicted on 19 counts in relation to the abduction and murder of Sierah Joughin
    8/16/2016 Prosecutors will pursue the death penalty for JDW

11. smallfry345

smallfry345 Active Member

The witness who saw a man crouching in the field makes me want to cry. So many "if onlys" in this case.

12. JenaTaoson

JenaTaoson Member

Agreed. Sending lots of hugs to the family today at the trial. :grouphug: Our hearts are with you all.

13. dixiegirl1035

To those who tweet... heads up.

A note which was just posted on the Law and Order livestream at https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials...ve-now-lawandcrime-network/law-crime-network/
    "
    Wed Mar 14, 8:51:48am The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.ETA: From admin of that site also... "
    He changed his mind. Got a call late last night. He said due to several undercover officer and fbi agents, plus several photos. None of this can be streamed and the judge they won't be able to manage that from court. We've worked out this stuff before, but not this time."

14. JenaTaoson

JenaTaoson Member

Lauren Lindstrom
    ‏@lelindstrom
    9 minutes ago

I'm walking in for day 3 of #WorleyTrial. Yesterday, BCI agents testified about several key pieces of physical evidence recovered across multiple crime scenes:

15. Spellbound

I am bummed :tears:

Law & Crime Network@LawCrimeNetwork·13m
    The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.

16. KinderedSpirits

KinderedSpirits Member

Gosh, I had a feeling this would happen! Sending lots of love and strength to the family...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. CZL496

CZL496 New Member

I have my own "if only" I remember the time, the date, what I was wearing. I drove around looking for SJ when she was still missing. Before JW was a suspect I parked my car on his road. I have a weird intuition about things and something didn't set right. There is a small pond on the other side of the road from his house. I stopped and looked at the pond. If I only looked more at his house maybe I would have seen something sooner. If I only took more time would he have been home and seen me. If I only took my time longer. I never ever seen or found anything. I did have to check in with the sheriff at the high school. I think about it all the time. But for these people who seen something and their if onlys. It's haunting.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

18. dixiegirl1035

Ooopsie, our wonderful mods have posted Steelman's case map in the first post which I overlooked. :tyou:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/v...&ll=41.63975769615285,-84.01275105000002&z=12

19. jashrema

jashrema Verified insider - Sierah Joughin case

UGH! I can't be in court today and why am I not able to get livestream?? anyone else having that problem? I'm trying to watch on wildabouttrial.com

20. dixiegirl1035

A note which was just posted on the Law and Order livestream at https://lawandcrime.com/live-trials/...crime-network/
    "
    Wed Mar 14, 8:51:48am The judge has ordered no more live streaming of the #WorleyTrial #JamesWorly #SierahJoughin. We will no longer be able to stream this for you.ETA: From admin of that site also... "
    He changed his mind. Got a call late last night. He said due to several undercover officer and fbi agents, plus several photos. None of this can be streamed and the judge they won't be able to manage that from court. We've worked out this stuff before, but not this time."

ETA: WAT never had it livestream, although he had a link for it

21. JenaTaoson

JenaTaoson Member

Sorry you can't be there today, Jashrema. The judge ruled that there would be no more livestreaming because of photos and undercover fbi and law enforcement.

ETA: oops looks like we posted at the same time sorry Dixie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.