Match! OH - Strongsville, WhtFem UP15394, 15-25, in Rocky River, Feb'75 - Linda Pagano

Definitely a good match. Not only the likeness, but the time and distance too.

Not only is she a good match, but step dad could be a possible suspect.

Definitely a good match. Not only the likeness, but the time and distance too.

What really sticks out to me is the location and time frame. September to February is plenty of time for remains to decay. In addition, Akron to Strongsville is only 47 minutes of travel time and the interstates one would use today existed in 1974 when she went missing.

This newly listed missing woman from late 1974 looks like a very good possible for Strongsville Jane.

Linda Pagano
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36345/0
9c664d81-4fe1-410c-8913-2c19d52f799d.jpg
86d235b0-959d-455f-90bc-7ca7da0bb1f7.jpg

* Age is right
* Location is good.
* Timeframe is good.
* Her listed height is a little short.

What really sticks out to me is the location and time frame. September to February is plenty of time for remains to decay. In addition, Akron to Strongsville is only 47 minutes of travel time and the interstates one would use today existed in 1974 when she went missing.

What stands out with me is what is described in technical terms as a "prognathic maxilla".

A prognathic maxilla is a cranial feature where the teeth and the mouth area of the lower cranium project forward with respect to the upper portion of face. This is a feature which is more typical of blacks than of Caucasians. The maxillas of Caucasians typically are on an even vertical plane with the eyes. However, both the Jane Doe and Linda Pagano, despite being Caucasian, have that feature.

Absolutely, the first trait that struck my eye, and hopefully gives the match. And virtually identical to your reconstruction, Carl. Very hopeful on this one.

What stands out with me is what is described in technical terms as a "prognathic maxilla".

A prognathic maxilla is a cranial feature where the teeth and the mouth area of the lower cranium project forward with respect to the upper portion of face. This is a feature which is more typical of blacks than of Caucasians. The maxillas of Caucasians typically are on an even vertical plane with the eyes. However, both the Jane Doe and Linda Pagano, despite being Caucasian, have that feature.

I wonder if it is possible they are considering Beverly Mastny for this case. I know they thought she had been dead about a year and that would be waaay off the mark here...like 20 years off....but I can see why they would want to rule her out too. She was from Broadview Heights and was last seen checking into a motel in Medina - both close to Strongsville. She was 15, blonde, and about 4'11 and 100 lbs, so pretty well in line with our UID's stats. And she bears a decent likeness to Carl's reconstruction, IMO. You can understand how, at the very least, they would want to rule her out (if she is in fact on their radar for this).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mastny_beverly.html

I was just thinking of this today! Was Linda Pagano ruled out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder if it is possible they are considering Beverly Mastny for this case. I know they thought she had been dead about a year and that would be waaay off the mark here...like 20 years off....but I can see why they would want to rule her out too. She was from Broadview Heights and was last seen checking into a motel in Medina - both close to Strongsville. She was 15, blonde, and about 4'11 and 100 lbs, so pretty well in line with our UID's stats. And she bears a decent likeness to Carl's reconstruction, IMO. You can understand how, at the very least, they would want to rule her out (if she is in fact on their radar for this).

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mastny_beverly.html

this case seems to be a hot mess. last seen in broadview heights. yet last seen in medina. yet, call akron with tips. What the hey? think this is a case that fell through the cracks.

this case seems to be a hot mess. last seen in broadview heights. yet last seen in medina. yet, call akron with tips. What the hey? think this is a case that fell through the cracks.

Meaghan has a template she uses to create her case pages. If I had to guess I would say that the Akron reference was inadvertently left on when she created Linda Pagano's case page.

She is a very promising lead.

Thought I would bring forward the most recent rule out list:
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/15394
Ida
Anderson
Michigan
Carol
Batterman
Oklahoma
Linda
Britton
Ohio
Carlene
Brown
Wyoming
Anita
Drake
Ohio
Mary
Hammonds
Kentucky
Olga
Mauger
Wyoming
Deborah
Meyer
Wyoming
Laurie
Partridge
Washington
Beverly
Potts
Ohio
Donnis
Redman
California
Ione
Rehwinkle
Minnesota
Patricia
Seelbaugh
Pennsylvania
Beverly
Sharpman
Pennsylvania
Connie
Smith
Connecticut
Margie
Snead
Arkansas
Rebecca
Triska
Pennsylvania

Still no rule out on Linda.

Just got word from Linda Pagano's sister that Strongsville Jane doe is in fact, Linda Pagano.

Although, the authorities were on to the possible match before I called it in, I am flagging the thread as a WS Match because, if not for the amazing sleuthing work by Ice190, this case would still be buried deep in the police and coroner's office archives.

It was only because Ice190 decided to investigate a Jane Doe grave that was not listed anywhere, the case was listed in NamUs, and consequently, was noticed by Akron PD.

Congratulations, Ice190, and great work.

This newly listed missing woman from late 1974 looks like a very good possible for Strongsville Jane.

Linda Pagano
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36345/0
9c664d81-4fe1-410c-8913-2c19d52f799d.jpg
86d235b0-959d-455f-90bc-7ca7da0bb1f7.jpg

* Age is right
* Location is good.
* Timeframe is good.
* Her listed height is a little short.

Omg I knew it! Your likeness of her was so dead on.

Now on to suspect... step dad is a strong contender imo

Just got word from Linda Pagano's sister that Strongsville Jane doe is in fact, Linda Pagano.

Although, the authorities were on to the possible match before I called it in, I am flagging the thread as a WS Match because, if not for the amazing sleuthing work by Ice190, this case would still be buried deep in the police and coroner's office archives.

It was only because Ice190 decided to investigated a Jane Doe grave that was not listed anywhere, the case was listed in NamUs, and consequently, was noticed by Akron PD.
Congratulations, Ice190, and great work.
This is excellent news.
You're right, Carl, without Ice investigating this set of remains and bringing it into the forefront, Linda may never have been identified and her family would never have found her. Congratulations, Ice.
And, give yourself a pat on the back, too. You did excellent work on your reconstruction, even though you didn't have a complete skull to work with, iirc. I'm glad I reminded you to do it :)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back