GUILTY OH - Sue Petric, 43, shot to death, Brighton Township, 20 Oct 2007

This is truly heartbreaking. Their poor daughters. I pray that their dad survives.

This is the saddest thing to hear Heidi's anguish and confusion. Prayers for this whole family.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment....
what if the parents were overly religious. You know the ones who say no tv, no video games, no radio....all God all the time.
If that's a possibility, it's also possible that the boy snapped.

I'm going to play devil's advocate for a moment....
what if the parents were overly religious. You know the ones who say no tv, no video games, no radio....all God all the time.
If that's a possibility, it's also possible that the boy snapped.

The articles that have been posted here seem to indicate that this is not a possibility. The older daughter was coming over to watch a game on tv with their parents, so they did watch tv. One of the articles said that the argument was over a video game that was too violent. I believe he was addicted to the game, and when he was told he couldn't play it, he snapped. I guess he decided since he couldn't get his fix with virtual violence, he would just get it with the real thing. I believe one of the articles says that the boy bragged at school about using drugs too. This is really sad.

The articles that have been posted here seem to indicate that this is not a possibility. The older daughter was coming over to watch a game on tv with their parents, so they did watch tv. One of the articles said that the argument was over a video game that was too violent. I believe he was addicted to the game, and when he was told he couldn't play it, he snapped. I guess he decided since he couldn't get his fix with virtual violence, he would just get it with the real thing. I believe one of the articles says that the boy bragged at school about using drugs too. This is really sad.

Yes, sadly I read the article about the son and his supposed drug use.:(
It is so unfair. The parents probably tired with everything within them to be good parents to him. Somehow with a good homelife and upbringing he still ended up killing his mom and seriously wounding his dad. Such a shame. Now his older and younger sisters have this tragedy to deal with.

I'm listening to the 911 dispatcher and I hate that they sound so aggravated by people that call in! Then 2 minutes later they say "oh someone's been shot?!" argh

That poor, poor young woman that made the call. God bless them all. :(

This is so sad. I agree, I'm shocked that the 911 operators seem so irritated. How many times does she have to spell the last name? I can't even imagine being able to hold myself together as well as she did. Heartbreaking

I'm listening to the 911 dispatcher and I hate that they sound so aggravated by people that call in! Then 2 minutes later they say "oh someone's been shot?!" argh

That poor, poor young woman that made the call. God bless them all. :(

This is so sad. I agree, I'm shocked that the 911 operators seem so irritated. How many times does she have to spell the last name? I can't even imagine being able to hold myself together as well as she did. Heartbreaking

I so agree with you both, those were exactly my thoughts as well. I understand it's a stressful job and probably thankless as well, but geeze show some compassion.

That poor girl, when she said she was on the porch because she didn't want to be inside just broke my heart. :(

Prayers for her, her sis and their Dad.
I looked for an update on the Dad's condition but have found nothing.

Welcome to WS MrsBuckWeaver :)

Welcome to WS MrsBuckWeaver :)

Thanks. I've been lurking for a while and trying to get registered. I got "hooked" during the Chester Stiles hunt. I can see myself becoming a full-blown addict soon.....

Welcome. It's easy to become addicted. : )

Welcome, MrsBuckWeaver! Yes, it's addicting here. Lately I've had to take a break, especially after our local school shooting.

Anyway.

Video of church members here:
http://www.wkyc.com/video/player.aspx?aid=46019&sid=76519&bw=hi&cat=2

Did anyone think it took a long time for EMS/LE to get to the scene? I have driven through Wellington, but figured they'd have their own response team-maybe theirs comes out of Elyria? I thought Wellington was well south of Elyria, but it's been a long time since I've been to Wellington....

From June 2009:

http://www.morningjournal.com/gener...egrets-shooting-mother-over-halo-3-video-game

Less than two years after teenager Daniel Petric shot his father in the head and murdered his mother, Petric's father, the Rev. Mark Petric, asked a judge to give his son a second chance instead of a harsh prison sentence. But Petric, 17, of Wellington... was sentenced to 23 years to life by Lorain County Common Pleas Judge James Burge...

Petric was convicted earlier this year of killing his mother, Sue Petric, 43; attempting to shoot his father, the pastor of the New Life Assembly of God Church in Wellington; and tampering with evidence for the Oct. 20, 2007, shooting at the family's Brighton Township home.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knownstranger07
Back