GUILTY OH - Summer Inman, 25, abducted & murdered, Logan, 22 March 2011

Pictures from The Columbus Dispatch of the court proceedings yesterday. Summer's family members watch in the bottom picture. :(

inman31-art-g9uc5j2u-1inman-court-jdh-jpg.jpg

JEFF HINCKLEY | DISPATCH PHOTOS

inman31-art-g9uc5j2u-1inman-court-jdh-01-jpg.jpg

inman31-art-g9uc5j2u-1inman-court-jdh-02-jpg.jpg

inman31-art-g9uc5j2u-1inman-court-jdh-10-jpg.jpg

Athens County Coroner Harold C. Thompson III said today that preliminary autopsy results show that Summer Inman was strangled. A plastic tie that ratchets shut, similar to "quick handcuffs" used by police, was found around her neck. A plastic tie also was used to cinch her wrists together behind her back, Thompson said.

"She had some minor abrasions, cuts on her arms and so forth. There were no other signs of major trauma, no stab wounds or anything like that," the coroner said.

The abomination of someone putting her granddaughter's body into the filth and waste of a septic tank floored Chambers.

"Summer has never ever been a problem, just a nice girl. She always went to church - which didn't seem to help much. God forgot where she was."
http://www.dispatch.com/live/conten...m-discovery-in-tank-confirms-worst-fears.html

This is all so sickening...it is hard to even comprehend. The MIL pepper-sprayed someone trying to help?? Somehow that makes it all even worse-she might have been rescued, or at least they may have been apprehended in time...

This is all so sickening...it is hard to even comprehend. The MIL pepper-sprayed someone trying to help?? Somehow that makes it all even worse-she might have been rescued, or at least they may have been apprehended in time...

Yehp. And that little drop of sympathy I might have had because she told LE where Summer was just went out the window.

Yehp. And that little drop of sympathy I might have had because she told LE where Summer was just went out the window.

ITA with you. If Sandra was in possession/control of the pepper spray, I don't believe she was being forced against her will to carry out this hideous crime either. Why didn't she pepper spray her husband and son and run away screaming for help? Doesn't sound like a an abused, controlled wife to me, sorry. Too bad they already made a deal with Sandra, though. I don't think she will see the death chamber even if the men do.

It doesn't sound as though hubby plans to make a plea, if he insisting that LE has the "wrong people." Gee, LE was able to reconstruct this whole crime, practically, thanks to their stupidity, so LE doesn't need him to plead guilty. I am always relieved if someone will at least lead LE to a body of a victim, but it in no way takes away from their part in the crime, to me. I doubt she did it for Summer or her family.

Tires from suspected killers car found
FBI Agents continue to look into the death of Summer Inman.
The 25-year-old's body was found Tuesday night in the septic system of a Nelsonville church.
The Athens County Sheriff said investigators searched the area after receiving information from Summer's mother-in-law, Sandra. Searchers had to unscrew a cover to the septic system in order to remove the body.
Summer was last seen being forcibly placed inside an older model, white-colored Ford Crown Victoria last week.
More... Video included...

Video of Inmans being taken to court

Search warrant at Akron home reveals more details
A search warrant filed in Akron Municipal Court revealed more details about the case of Summer Inman, who was found dead in southeast Ohio after missing for more than a week.
More...Video included...

Family charged
Video included...

Logan woman was bound, strangled with plastic ties
Every day during the week that Summer Inman was missing, her 71-year-old grandmother talked to her, willing her to come home to her family.
"I told her, 'Hang in there.' I would say, 'Hang tough, Summer,'" said Herberta Chambers of Logan.
Authorities found the body of Summer Inman, 25, on Tuesday night, after her mother-in-law - charged in her disappearance - told authorities where to look.
More...

This is so disgusting and disturbing. Not only is her exhusband looney tunes enough to kill her but her parents go along with it an help??? This defies any sort of logic whatsoever. What kind of people are they?? <Mod Snip>

OMG this is brutal - a zip tie ligature and her hands were also restrained by zip tie behind her back - and two people were present who could have stopped it? I no longer think this was a scare tactic gone out of control - I think it was premeditated.

ITA Ziggy. Very brutal. Just zip that tie tight and stand back and watch the victim suffer. These are very sick people.

OMG this is brutal - a zip tie ligature and her hands were also restrained by zip tie behind her back - and two people were present who could have stopped it? I no longer think this was a scare tactic gone out of control - I think it was premeditated.

Oh definitely. I agree completely. They wanted this done, they planned it out. They wanted her gone. Nice family, huh?

OK it seems from this witness that one of the men pepper sprayed the person who came to intervene. The MIL yelled at the men from behind the wheel that someone was behind them:

"The caller said he got closer to the reported abduction -- "one foot from them" -- to get better idea of what was going on. He told police he saw one of the men taser the woman, Chief Miller said.

The caller said an "older woman" with bleached-blond hair was driving the four-door vehicle and yelled to the two men "someone is behind you!"

The caller was pepper sprayed and ran off.

So they tasered her too. Sick sick demented folks. RIP Summer, it's a shame your life became intertwined with such a demented family.

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_10105.shtml

This is how close the Inmans' were to escaping.

The FIL's response to where he lives makes me think he feels that he did good and that he realizes he will go to jail for what he did, in a smartas** type of way. I think he felt entitled to kill Summer and doesn't think he did anything wrong. Another man who hates women and he spread that hate to his son. JMO

These three unusual people better change their plea to guilty, this is ridiculous.

As more of the details are released (pepper spraying a witness, tasering Summer, zip ties, etc.) I feel more and more sick and I didn't think that was possible in this case. Killing this sweet, innocent, young mother wasn't enough for these perps. They ambushed her, terrified her, and tortured her as well. Then they desecrated her body after death. These actions are sub-human.

And yes, I fully believe this was a planned, premeditated kidnapping and murder.

Murdered woman's parents granted custody of 3 children
A murdered Logan mother's parents are granted custody of her three children in probate court Thursday.
Summer Inman's three children will be staying with Summer's parents, Mike and Debra Cook.
Custody was granted during a Thursday morning hearing in Hocking County probate court.
More...

Video shows alleged kidnapper's violent streak
Video released on Thursday showed a violent outburst by a man accused of kidnapping his daughter-in-law and suspected in her death.
Video taken from a Vinton County sheriff's deputy cruiser showed the temper of William A. Inman, a man who neighbors said controlled his family and thought of himself as a religious leader.
More...

Search Warrant PDF

New details in Logan mother's abduction
Court documents detail a frightening scene of Summer Inman, a 25-year-old mother of three, being abducted outside of her place of work on March 22, ABC6/FOX28 News' Meghan McCorkell learned Thursday.

Evidence shows kidnapping of Summer Inman was well planned
Summer Inman's kidnapping -- and eventual death -- appeared well planned and included law-enforcement overtones such as the use of a Taser and plastic zip-tie handcuffs.
An unidentified man who approached two men forcing her into a car outside a downtown Logan bank about 11 p.m. on March 22 reported he came within a foot of her abductors.
The men were using a Taser to stun the mother of three, the witness said, adding that the woman driving the car shouted to the men: "Someone is behind you!"
More...

'Significant' evidence found against in laws
Evidence is adding up against the estranged husband and in-laws of the young mother whose body was found stuffed in a septic tank Tuesday night.
The FBI said tires from the car that had been used in Summer Inman's abduction had been found. Her estranged husband, William Inman II, was seen by witnesses trading them in for a used set after allegedly kidnapping Summer with the help of his parents.
William II, 26, his 47-year-old father William and 46-year-old mother Sandra, have all been charged with kidnapping. All three are being held on a $1,000,000 bond.
"I didn't do anything," said the older Inman, when asked by a reporter what he'd done to Summer.

As we learn more details about what the trio did to Summer Inman, it becomes more obvious that the circumstances of their crimes are aggravated and premeditated.

I believe that when the next grand jury session occurs, for starters they most likely will be indicted for aggravated murder, gross abuse of a corspe, and tampering with evidence in addition to the kidnapping charge that they already are facing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back