Found Deceased OH - Susan Taylor, 76, left home, didn't take anything, Thompson Twp., Geauga Co., 17 Mar 2023

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
336528383_230836969421358_3074169506708003718_n.jpg

MISSING PERSON!!

The Geauga County Sheriff’s Office and the Thompson Police Department are asking for the public’s assistance in locating a missing person, Susan G. Taylor, a 76-year Caucasian female approximately 5’6”, weighing 140lbs, with short light-colored hair and wears corrective lenses.

Mrs. Taylor is believed to have gone missing from her 7454 Sidley Road residence in the early morning hours March 17, 2023. Mrs. Taylor is not in possession of her vehicle, cellular phone, or other personal effects. No clothing description is known at this time.

We are asking the public, if located or have information pertinent to the on-going investigation, immediately contact the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office at (440) 286-1234.

MAR 19, 2023
[...]

Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation (BCI) has reportedly been called in to assist with this investigation run by the sheriff’s office and Thompson Police Department.

Those who may have any information about the whereabouts of Taylor are asked to reach out to the Geauga County Sheriff’s Office at 440-286-1234.

Video

• Drones and dogs have been used in the search for Susan.
  • Susan is not well known in this area.
  • Her property, just purchased in 2021, consists of 22 acres.
  • She came from Mentor, OH.
  • LE has performed an extensive search of the property.

I had seen a news article that said she had talked to a friend and said she was going to check a culvert on her property. Could she have been hit by a car on the road and out of fear her body taken and placed elsewhere? I can't find the news article now.

Interesting. It doesn't sound like ST actually lives on the property at this time. Maybe why it's been mentioned she is not well known. I did see what looks like a garage structure that has electric connected. I wonder if she is living with or near her son. At least we know that her son was likely the one to call authorities when he discovered she was missing.

Interesting. It doesn't sound like ST actually lives on the property at this time. Maybe why it's been mentioned she is not well known. I did see what looks like a garage structure that has electric connected. I wonder if she is living with or near her son. At least we know that her son was likely the one to call authorities when he discovered she was missing.

From watching that news report, I have the impression she's still living in her old home and goes out to the property to do work, etc. It sounds like, JMO, she has plans to build a home out there. It sounds like she and her son take turns visiting the property to work and check on things. JMO

Last edited:
the Geauga County Sheriff's Office is organizing a community search for Wednesday and are asking for volunteers.
This is good news. And they'll also have K-9's out there. I'm so worried about her. :(

Noting:

The sheriff's office adds that police K-9s and pre-authorized specialty K-9 units will be in use, therefore no other animals can be present on the search grounds.

Meanwhile, the Geauga County Detective Bureau says it is seeking video footage from residents showing the roadway at the following locations from March 17th or earlier.
  • Sidley Road between Burrows Road and Stocking Road
  • Rock Creek Road between Rt 528 and Rt 534
  • Thompson Road between Rt 528 and Rt 534
  • All of Stocking Road
  • All of Mosely Road
  • Phillips Road west of Rt 534
  • Burrows Road between Plank Road and Callahan Road
  • Callahan Road west of Rt 534
If you have video footage from any one of these areas from March 17 or earlier, please contact the Geauga County Detective Bureau at 440-286-1234.

From the local paper…

“The son said he found a pile of wet clothes at the end of the driveway and added there is a pond on the property, the report stated. It also stated the son said she was going to clean out the culvert, and a rake was found by the culvert.

Taylor’s son said he last received a text from her about five hours earlier. “Coals in the stove are still warm,” the report stated. “Her car is there, her phone is in the car. The house is empty.”

The report also stated Taylor’s purse is at the house and the gate was found locked — which it usually is not.”

Ah crap

So sad. She seemed like a very nice lady who was enjoying taking care of her property out in the country. Such a beautiful, peaceful place.

It said in the article quote above that her son found wet clothes at the end of the driveway. I wonder if this is a case of hypothermia? RIP Susan.

Also fortunate that the local tv news drone was able to locate her.

Ah crap

My only question is this how was she not found on Friday. They showed where she was right next to the path in the woods. The dogs are trained dogs the drone people are trained. I'm going to say that her body wasn't there Friday.

Hildenbrand said a NEWS 5 Cleveland helicopter crew flying overhead as volunteers searched from the ground spotted 76-year-old Susan G. Taylor in a wooded area around 11:25 a.m., roughly 1,600 feet from her home.

“We found Susan in the woods deceased,” Hildenbrand said. “She was not even on her property, she was on the property behind her.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back