OH - The legend of the Werewolf of Defiance

Indy Anna

Reaction score
’The Werewolf of Defiance’ is an Ohio local legend that still haunts (video)
Two railway workers, hooking up train cars late at night. One looks over to see a towering werewolf, fangs bared who proceeds to attack the hapless victim.

Hollywood as it might sound, that’s the story that Ted Davis reported to police in 1972. The werewolf may have attacked him with a club rather than his claws, but otherwise the story sounds like so many other tall tales.

Except that Davis wasn’t the only one seeing dogmen in the wild.

video
http://www.cleweekend.com/werewolf-...b8w6mMjMGFnzZNaxYAWv-reTBOqU5poN8Z7a5A-Ut4-Jw

I wonder if there was a family there with Hypertrichosis.
Yeh. I was wondering if people kept seeing a man with hypertrichosis since he/it was wearing clothing. But, the one man also described the creature as having fangs. I could understand him exaggerating the appearance of the teeth if he was startled by an extremely hairy man, with his mouth wide open, poised to strike him with a bat. But, then there's his description of the feet. ???

Another thought: gingival hyperplasia is a characteristic of some forms of hypertrichosis. So, this characteristic may have given the man the appearance of having fangs. Also, if he was barefoot, the appearance of hairy feet would have been alarming.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back