OH - Three killed in Kirkersville nursing home shooting, POI dead, 12 May 2017

Tillicum

Reaction score
This is happening now and I'm seeing reports that shooter is neutralized. Officer shot. School on lock-down. Not much news yet.

The active shooter at a Kirkersville nursing home has been "neutralized," according to scanner traffic.

Authorities responded to the report of an active shooter situation Friday morning at the Pine Kirk Care Center, 205 E. Main St.

http://www.newarkadvocate.com/story...tive-shooter-reported-kirkersville/101587810/

A law enforcement officer has been shot during an active shooter situation in Kirkersville.

Homeland Security, the Ohio State Highway Patrol and the Licking County Sheriff's Office responded to the 200 block of East Main Street in Kirkersville on a report of a shooting.

Officers have not released a description of a potential gunman.

Two law enforcement sources tell 10TV the gunman is down. No other details are immediately available.

http://www.10tv.com/article/kirkers...ation-officer-shot-elementary-school-lockdown

From live broadcast - Officer was ambushed

Per live broadcast - People at nursing home recognized shooter.

Per live broadcast - Officer succumbed from injuries :(

RIP Officer :-(
KIRKERSVILLE, Ohio
What we know about the shooting in Kirkersville:

Kirkersville officer was ambushed and shot.
Sources tell 10TV the officer has died.
Gunman walked into nursing facility and shot two others. Their condition is unknown at this time.
Suspect reportedly turned the gun on himself.
Kirkersville Elementary School on lockdown, closed for the day. All students have been evacuated from the building.
Parents can pick up students at Watkins Middle School.
No longer an active threat to the community.

http://www.10tv.com/article/kirkers...ation-officer-shot-elementary-school-lockdown

They're transporting patients to new location. Those poor souls.

RIP officer. Prayers for all injured and their loved ones.

Terrible crime. RIP Officer and prayers for the injured.

They're transporting patients to new location. Those poor souls.

RIP officer. Prayers for all injured and their loved ones.
Wow. This is really sad. Someone who has worked there in the past, perhaps? I'm thinking that's how the residents recognized him.

My thoughts are with the officer's family and loved ones. The majority of police officers are so kind. Just yesterday there was a (minor) issue I had to deal with. I had two babies in my care. The officers totally went out of their way to help me so I could put the babies' needs first. It breaks my heart that someone would ambush someone who is serving our communities always.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

That's so horrible. Targeting a nursing home full of defenseless senior citizens. :maddening:

Press conference within 30 minutes with more details per live news.

I'm very pleased that children/parents are reporting they felt well informed during the situation as it related to the school lockdown.

Kirkersville police department has less than 20 officers, so very close per live news.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chingona361
Back