OH - Three students killed in Chardon High School shooting, 27 Feb 2012

That's really sickening. I noticed they are target funerals of people who die in tragic circumstances, especially when they are children.

Fred Phelps is a puritanical compulsive and is very abusive in nature. He likes power and control. Phelps is a psychopath and most likely a malignant narcissist. He is very exclusionary and rigid in nature. He is consumed by self-hatred. Phelps is similar to:
Osama bin Laden-View themselves as voice of religion and have a "god complex". Most likely to resemble Phelps.
Gertrude Baniszewski-Both are highly religious and paranoid in nature. Driven by power and control with a revenge mindset.
Charles Manson-Likes to manipulate people and make them do evil things for him. Manson likely has issues of self-hatred. Manson had delusion of grandeurs and megalomania.
Eric Harris-Hateful and controlling.
Seung-Hui Cho-Similar to Baniszewski, minus being extremely religious.
Betty Broderick-Highly narcissistic and rageful. Both view themselves as victims. Both show their anger. However, Broderick is not a megalomaniac.

I don't think they are insane. More like brainwashing by a power hungry psychopath.

Addicted To Hate
http://blank.org/addict/

Gives you insight about Fred Phelps and how he came about.

I had heard and seen them on TV targeting military funerals! First I've heard of this level...Beyond disgusting!!! Let's hope maybe those 1600 people teach them a lesson ;) That poor family :(

Ohio School Shooter Allegedly Killed Ex-Girlfriend's New Boyfriend, Students Tell ABC News
http://abcnews.go.com/US/ohio-schoo...nes-girlfriend/story?id=15834378#.T1Fz9uUeV8E

Looking more like a girlfriend issue. Not the first school shooting that involved relationships gone bad. I am surprised that gets overlooked when it comes to school shootings.

School Shootings Motivated By Relationship Gone Bad
Luke Woodham-Broke up with Christina Menefee, who was later killed.
Michael Carneal-Had a crush on Nicole Hadley, who was killed.
Mitchell Johnson and Andrew Golden-Golden had a crush on one of the girls.

please take WBC discussion to the thread in the parking lot. thanks peeps
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164652"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

To say someone is "not well" isn't detrimental to the case or anything IMO. I think it's obvious that one who brings a gun to school and shoots people is "not well"; there's no argument. I don't think the prosecutor made a mistake in saying that.

I disagree completely. It's not normal for a prosecutor to say something like that. Prosecutor was also wrong when he claimed the suspect didn't know the victims. Not only the suspect knew the victims, one of the victims was reportedly dating his ex-girlfriend, which provides a motive instead of just random shooting. I don't think prosecutor should get out there and talk to the public about details of the case before knowing facts.

Sorry nursebeeme, but as a nurse myself, I only know WBC as white blood cells. Please splain what WBC means. Thanks

westboro baptist church (the group that does protests)

LOL at WBC (and hi fellow nurse!)

I disagree completely. It's not normal for a prosecutor to say something like that. Prosecutor was also wrong when he claimed the suspect didn't know the victims. Not only the suspect knew the victims, one of the victims was reportedly dating his ex-girlfriend, which provides a motive instead of just random shooting. I don't think prosecutor should get out there and talk to the public about details of the case before knowing facts.

It's possible I misunderstood, but I thought the lawyers were just going off of what TJ told them (that the shooting was random, that he didn't know the victims, etc). Not necessarily that the prosecutor believed TJ, but that TJ had stated that he didn't know the victims.

Also, I don't think the prosecutor was going and randomly telling the public details of the case. The only times I've heard him speaking were A) In the courtroom at the hearing, and B) At the press conference which the judge approved.

Regardless of what the prosecutor says, I don't think there's any way of messing up this case. A 17 year old came to school with a gun and deliberately shot five people, killing three of them. Im not arguing that there's a motive. I'm concerned with justice, and I believe TJ should face the consequences of his actions, but I'm not on a witch hunt for the harshest possible sentence. That's not going to bring Danny, Demetrius and Russel back. If it is proven that TJ is just an evil sociopath (a la Casey Anthony) then by all means, he should rot in prison without the possibility of parole. But if he has some serious mental issues, then they should put him in an institution or find some other sentence. Either way, I am sure his life won't be pleasant.

I know people have had rough childhoods, and that does NOT excuse what TJ has done. There is absolutely NO excuse. But I don't want to form an opinion on what sentence he should receive until I know the facts. Also, I don't want to place blame on the prosecutor for screwing up the case just because he made a statement . Saying TJ was "unwell" isn't the worst thing he could have done (plus, it's true. seriously. this is not a normal kid). I'm also not going to fault him for saying TJ didn't know the victims. Even though TJ seems to definitely have known the victims, maybe he told the police/defense lawyer/whoever that he didn't know the victims.

My point is, at the moment we just don't know enough; However, I reserve the right to change my mind if future details come up.

There are about a thousand people at the church to guard against the wbc. It is so windy please say a pray or good thoughts for them. The State Highway patrol has cars present also. The mom of Demetrius was on tv. she also donated organs from her son. I believe they said 8 people have recieved the organs including one child. I just feel so sorry and sad for the families. Please say prayers etc. for the tornado victims, it is just so sad.:please: ..........www.wkyc3.com

There are about a thousand people at the church to guard against the wbc. It is so windy please say a pray or good thoughts for them. The State Highway patrol has cars present also. The mom of Demetrius was on tv. she also donated organs from her son. I believe they said 8 people have recieved the organs including one child. I just feel so sorry and sad for the families. Please say prayers etc. for the tornado victims, it is just so sad.:please: ..........www.wkyc3.com

I'm so grateful that there are people there to block the WBC people. I can only imagine how hard it is to bury your child. I can't even imagine doing it with those people hounding you. I'm really afraid I would do something quite rash.

God bless the community members who came out to block the WBC.

Also, although the deaths of these boys are tragic, devastating, and heartbreaking, the fact that 8 people have been given organs brings tears to my eyes. I like to believe that Demetrius's (and Russel's and Danny's) death was not in vain, as they are able to be heroes to others in need. They will be a part of those people's lives forever.

God bless the victims and their loved ones.

Mine too. Been thinking of Danny's Family and Friends all day :rose:

Mine too, it's impossible to watch without sobbing.

So many lives completely shattered in the blink of an eye.

I read that TJ told police he was aiming high for their heads so they wouldn't suffer. What?!?!

BBM

Spice, may I respectfully point out, that a Juris Doctorate does not make the prosecutor a doctor of medicine, or even a trained psychologist. He may have more to lose by his statement than a Dr. Phil or Dr. Drew, but he is certainly no more qualified to render even a casual diagnosis.

I dare say many of us think that a person who could commit such a horrendous crime is "not well", but it doesn't necessarily follow that the person is so mentally ill that they are incapable of understanding the unlawfulness or the consequences of their actions.

I totally agree. What I mean is that a Juris Doctor ( a lawyer) is representative of justice and constitutional rights. I find his comments, as a prosecutor in this case, to be very interesting. If he acknowledges that TJ is "not well" and prosecutes accordingly, it shows of a strong sense of ethics, a lack of pandering to the popular political opinion, and an overall sense of justice and insight into the bigger picture. Which are exactly the qualities that a lawyer should possess.

If this is what he believes about TJ from what he has read in legal documents or from what he has been advised thus far....he is an ethical man for making a statement that could ultimately hurt his case in the long run. More likely, he just made a benign comment by stating the obvious and it is being blown out of proportion. Who knows?

At the end of the day I have no doubt that TJ Lane will be tried as an adult, no doubt in my mind. I wouldn't sweat it.

March 6, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Judge: School shooting case may go to adult court
By Associated Press

Chardon, Ohio— A 17-year-old charged in an Ohio school shooting rampage that left three students dead made a court appearance Tuesday, where a judge explained to him that the case could be sent to adult court for trial...

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120306/NATION/203060448/1478/rss

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd