Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I think I found out that she graduated from North Little Rock High School in 1978. This is a placeholder profile for her:

http://northlittlerockhighschool.org/alumni/7822754/marcia-king.html

Classmates does not have a yearbook for North Little Rock High School while she was there :(

There is a note at the bottom of her "placeholder" which may dispute whether she actually attended that school....or not. : (

About placeholder profiles

"...You are visiting the placeholder page for Marcia King. This page is here because someone used our placeholder utility to look for Marcia King. We created this page automatically in hopes Marcia King would find it. If you are not Marcia King, but are an alumni of North Little Rock High School, register on this site for free now...."

If she went to school there, why would there be any doubt? She would have graduated in 1977. Wherever she went to school, her name should be in the school year books, and stuff. I'm surprised that no one has figured out for sure where she went to school.
I tried looking up my parents in their yearbooks and they weren't in there, too, so I think if you missed picture day you were out!

Also, on Facebook I saw a women comment on an AK news story asking if it was the same MK she went to school with, and she later said it was. She said she only remembered her up until 9th grade, wondering if she dropped out

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

From what I've learned, The Way encouraged their followers to hitchhike if they didn't have cars, and there were different fellowships, and OP of that thread thinks she may have joined one in the Troy area.

The Troy/Piqua area had a lot of Way members and "fellowships" back during the early 80's. Members from other areas (even out of state) would visit local fellowships on occasion. It is possible that Marcia was visiting or en-route to a local Way fellowship in Troy. Someone mentioned that the Way had 30,000 members back in 1981. Today, I would be surprised if they have 3,000 members.

I tried looking up my parents in their yearbooks and they weren't in there, too, so I think if you missed picture day you were out!

Also, on Facebook I saw a women comment on an AK news story asking if it was the same MK she went to school with, and she later said it was. She said she only remembered her up until 9th grade, wondering if she dropped out

My high school and junior high school yearbooks all had a list of students who were not pictured. In high school, about a hundred students out of 2,000 were on the not pictured list. If she was not in her senior yearbook, she could be in the previous yearbooks. Also if she dropped out before her senior year, she should still be in the previous yearbooks.

Not that it makes much difference, since there doesn't seem to be any copies of the yearbooks available.

My high school and junior high school yearbooks all had a list of students who were not pictured. In high school, about a hundred students out of 2,000 were on the not pictured list. If she was not in her senior yearbook, she could be in the previous yearbooks. Also if she dropped out before her senior year, she should still be in the previous yearbooks.

Not that it makes much difference, since there doesn't seem to be any copies of the yearbooks available.

Why is it, in so many aspects, Marcia seems like an invisible girl?

[video]https://youtu.be/hPU4GYXrKfg[/video]

Here's an interesting video I came across. It's the Rock of Ages festival event that was put on every year.

[video]https://youtu.be/LuIjVWnhyKw[/video]
[video]https://youtu.be/IHvux4HsMXs[/video]

Here's a couple more.

Why is it, in so many aspects, Marcia seems like an invisible girl?

It does seem pretty weird. Unless maybe investigators know more, and are keeping it secret. They did say that they don't want amatures talking to witnesses before they do.

True although my dad wasnt even listed in the not listed and I know for a fact he was in that school! Yearbooks are usually run by students on the side and I think they're prone to errors... That being said you think her lack of presence wouldn't be a repeating error... She might've been moving around a bit before though with a military family

It does seem pretty weird. Unless maybe investigators know more, and are keeping it secret. They did say that they don't want amatures talking to witnesses before they do.

I think there is much more to Marcia’s story.
I wonder if we will ever hear it.

KaaBoom, you're right and I realize I was stepping on some toes - I sent the OP a PM with the link to the contact info for her people :) I wouldn't want to mess up the investigation at all. I want justice for Marcia :rose:

You guys are the best! I'm staying right here too! :)

Carbuff, did they ever mention New Knoxville, OH to you?

I do not believe Marcia attended college. We're still not sure where she went to high school.

After all these years, I don't remember :) I presume they did because I do remember talk about national headquarters and gatherings and so forth, but nothing specific that sticks in my mind.

KaaBoom, you're right and I realize I was stepping on some toes - I sent the OP a PM with the link to the contact info for her people :) I wouldn't want to mess up the investigation at all. I want justice for Marcia :rose:

For the record I was just speculating that the investigators might be holding back information. If it is public information, I don't think you are stepping on any toes.

I think there is much more to Marcia’s story.
I wonder if we will ever hear it.

I think we will hear more, but we might not get much more information until they investigate all the leads, they have now. Also there must be more information about her somewhere out there.

I was trying to find information on The Way International last night and came across this YouTube video. It looked like a lot of the people that commented on it were in The Way around the same time Marcia was.

I also found this website that has a ton of information. I haven't read through everything, but sounds like they used some scary psychological manipulation type stuff on new members.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01sYZNtRRKc

http://www.empirenet.com/~messiah7/tw_suits-sex.htm

The more I think about this and the more I discuss this case with friends and family... I'm beginning to think that MK did not spend time with other Way members in the Troy/Piqua and surrounding area. Her attire was so unusual for the time that people would have immediately recognized her from the news reports in 1981 if she had spent time in their fellowships. The current news update stated that MK was in northern Shelby County at some point but It didn't say exactly when. She could have been at the Rock of Ages festival in August of 1980 and perhaps that is the "at some point" the news article is referring to. I'm beginning to think that MK may not have made it to her destination, New Knoxville.

Wow.

I remember The Way International back in the 1970's, along with Sung Myung Moon's Unification church and Hare Krishnas. What I do know of the The Way is their teachings are unorthodox - and scrolling through Newspapers.com, found one article that mentions how its members would prey upon what would look like easy targets, ie, young unsuspecting individuals.

According to one in the Rapid City Journal, Rapid City, SD, back in 1980 the organization would solicit $200. (about $610.00 in 2018) from an individual for a Bible study course. And they usually went to college campuses.

UGHHHHH this does not surprise me at all. Even today (2018) there are certain Christian groups that require followers pay out of pocket for some required activity/training to keep participating in the group.

So many wolves in sheep's clothing out in the world.....

Off topic but how did we get to 4,000 posts!! Wow. No longer this post takes forever to load lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for me to unsubscribe and let go...
It is a little difficult after all these years of searching, reading, posting and keeping this young lady and "Lyle" in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd