Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Mr. E, Dec 12, 2005.

1. Rajam

Rajam Member

2. Rajam

Rajam Member

3. Springrain

Springrain Buckskin Girl was Marcia King

Thanks for the info Rajam!

To adeedra: my theory is Marcia's partner had always been abusive, but the abuse had gotten worse. I think he'd already started beating her beforehand but it had gotten worse and led to her death. She had been beaten in the face, strangled, and suffered a lacerated liver. Very aggressive and awful. But definitely not out of the realm of domestic abuse :(

An important thing to remember is that Marcia's family had not seen her for about a year before her death. She could've met someone after she left home that they don't know about, and it's possible the people who do know haven't heard about what happened to Marcia yet. My hopes are that the news about her murder will reach people she knew at/around the time of her death and they'll remember the guy who could've done it...I may be entirely off.

4. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Lake Pontchartrain Jane Doe

Wonder how the investigation is going into who murdered Marcia?

Evaluna, Suglo, Springrain and 3 others like this.
  5. KaaBoom

KaaBoom `·.¸¸ ><((((º> ...·´`·.¸¸ ><((((º>...·

Unfortunately I think it's going to take a while. I expect the investigators are going to have their work cut out for them, trying to track her movements almost 40 years after the fact. If they have any leads, they don't seem to want to give any details. I would be surprised if anything breaks soon.

folieadeuxnola, dotr and Springrain like this.
  6. Springrain

I am trying to have faith in Marcia's case. I know her investigators and LE have worked very hard all this time to try and ID her; I don't think they are giving up. I didn't think she was gonna be identified, to be honest. Her identification is giving me tons of hope at getting JUSTICE for her!

Evaluna, Denisedyann, Suglo and 3 others like this.
  7. KaaBoom

I definitely don't think they are going to give up right now. After investing this much time to identify her, it wouldn't make sense to just stop now. But I think it's going to be hard.

I would guess that her family couldn't be much help. Since they didn't even know that she was missing. If this was a fresh case, I'm sure they would ask for the public's help in tracing her movements before she was killed. But that is going to be difficult at this point. They can't exactly take her picture around and ask people if they saw this girl in 1981. It's unlikely that anyone would remember. Also business records that could help track her would have been long since destroyed.

So I'm not sure where investigators can go from here. I hope after they investigate all possible leads, they will make more information public.

Springrain and dotr like this.
  8. Trackergd

Trackergd SAR Search Manager

Run a check to see if she visited any medical clinics, doctors or hospitals during that time frame. At least that would put her in a place at a given time and date. Surprising how long medical records are kept due to liability.

9. KaaBoom

Medical information is generally keep 7 to 10 years. 25 years tops.
    https://www.healthit.gov/sites/default/files/appa7-1.pdf

Roselvr, Springrain and dotr like this.
  10. Springrain

I wonder how old the crown on her incisor was.

Laughing, Roselvr, dotr and 1 other person like this.
  11. Satchie

Satchie Well-Known Member

I think they're hoping that with her name and (living) photo released, someone will come forward who remembered her from her last months.

Roselvr, dotr, KaaBoom and 2 others like this.
  12. Springrain

Today would've been Marcia's 59th birthday.

Happy birthday, Marcia! Rest in peace.

13. folieadeuxnola

:)"Happy Birthday Marcia"! :)

**Springrain TY you for posting, your the best ;)!!!

Denisedyann, Roselvr, Rajam and 4 others like this.
  14. Tabech29

Tabech29 New Member

The family should release more photos if that's the case? Not being nosy, I just feel like it might help if we have a good profile of her, looking at the camera?

15. adeedra

adeedra Active Member

Sad to say but some people don't have any pictures. Its not impossible that someone went through 70's with no pictures. Both available pics were made in the same moment, she didnt even moved much, her shirt is folded in exact same way. Maybe there is nothing more?

janewall, KaaBoom and dotr like this.
  16. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

They do have a card up their sleeve; to see if there's DNA on her clothes. I'll be shocked if they aren't having DNA Doe Project checking GEDmatch if there was some. They're not gonna put all their cards on the table with how famous her case is now. Back when I started following her she wasn't even on FB till I made her an album. She wasn't even in NCMEC until one member here asked her LE why. When I do albums I include all of their links, Doe network, NamUs, NCMEC, Charley Project and North American missing persons.

17. Roselvr

The new forum isn't working on my computer. It's telling me it didn't post. Also won't let me delete the duplicate.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    KaaBoom and dotr like this.
  18. folieadeuxnola

Finding Jane Doe's real name: Local DNA sleuth is on the case

Great article on Margaret

Marcia King, aka “Buckskin Girl,” was a case that eluded investigators and was deemed by many as an impossible one to solve. After 37 years the identification of the young woman who was found dead in Miami County, Ohio, was solved in four hours with the help of DNA Doe Project.

During an April press conference announcing the official identification of “Buckskin Girl,” Elizabeth Murray, forensic anthropologist and biology professor with Mount St. Joseph University in Cincinnati, spoke about the case.

“This is not your run-of-the-mill, DNA solves unidentified person,” Murray said. “This is really some groundbreaking and revolutionary work.”

19. Roselvr

The end of the article, they have their 3rd solve

20. folieadeuxnola

Exactly ..... was wondering if anyone was going to catch that comment ... ;)