Identified! OH - Troy, Miami Co., 'Buckskin Girl' WhtFem 133UFOH, 15-25, Apr'81 - Marcia King

Discussion in 'Identified!' started by Mr. E, Dec 12, 2005.

1. annie970

annie970 Member

Just noticed there is now a childhood photo of her up. Makes it 50 times more heartbreaking. Any body have any word on progress in the case?

2. yogasleuther

yogasleuther Member

I have not seen the childhood photo, I haven't been on for awhile.
    Still hoping they zero in on killer.

madamx, Suglo, dotr and 3 others like this.
  3. FigTree

FigTree Well-Known Member

Thanks for that Springrain.

4. Finders

Finders Active Member

Haven't heard of anything significant on the case but they are actively pursuing the investigation.

madamx, dotr, FigTree and 1 other person like this.
  5. winko567

winko567 Member

I'm very glad they finally found out who she is :( I remember reading about this case back when I was a little kid :(
    I made a memorial video for her back in April ♥

Rest in Peace Marcia King ♥

6. FigTree

@winko567 - Lovely video. Thankyou for making and posting such a nice memorial for her.

madamx, dotr and folieadeuxnola like this.
  7. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Dec 11 2018 rbbm.
    Cold Cases: Miami Valley murder investigations that remain unsolved in 2018
    "Cold Case: The Buckskin Girl - For over 30 years she was known only as the “Buckskin Girl” because of the coat she was wearing when her body was found in a ditch in a Miami County farmer. This past April, new DNA techniques finally identified her as Marcia Soloman King from Arkansas. Cheryl McHenry reports that now detectives need to find out why she was in the Miami Valley and who killed her. This case was aired in our Miami Valley Murder Mysteries show in September 2018."

8. FigTree

This is very much the next leg of this case for Marcia and her family - and it seems as if there are many who are working hard to bring it to a conclusion. Good to see. I have faith that something will be found to bring justice for Marcia. Thanks dotr.

9. WyomingSkyAngel

WyomingSkyAngel Rocky Mountain Fresh

A lot of men don't know their own strength. Or, if they were raised by domestic abusers, they don't see anything wrong with hitting people and causing grievous injury.

A long time ago someone posted on here there was an "urban legend" type rumor that Buckskin Girl had been beaten to death for cheating on her partner? I definitely remember seeing that.

10. SurrealisticSlumbers

SurrealisticSlumbers Active Member

Now that we know more about the family and Marcia's life, it seems that she could have been easy prey for an abusive partner as someone who suffered from a mental illness. Evidently, the company she kept after leaving home were other "believers" like herself, but I wouldn't put it past a "man of God" to lay hands on a woman in anger.

The question is, who and why?

11. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

New article with updates on Marcia's homicide investigation:
    Ohio cold case develops new timeline, puts murder victim in Arkansas two weeks before death

- Investigators have been able to build a timeline that put King in the Little Rock area about two weeks before her death.

-Detectives say they have evidence that puts her in Louisville on April 10.

-Chief Deputy Steve Lord says detectives have spoken to at least six people in Arkansas in connection to the case.

-Lord also revealed that it's believed King was heavily involved with a religious organization called The Way International Ministries, which is headquartered in Ohio.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  12. Tillicum

Tillicum Well-Known Member

Oh my. The Way. Trying to remember what I was hearing about them back then.

ETA I remember being warned about them. It's kind of crazy because I was searching for answers and truth at the same age and time that Marcia was. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that her murder is in some way connected to this cult. Lots of info here http://www.marketfaith.org/whatever-happened-to-the-way-international/

The late 1970s and early 80s were exciting times of growth in evangelicalism. On the heels of the Jesus Movement among young people in the late 1960s and early 1970s, many new Christian organizations sprang up, particularly among Pentecostal and Charismatic communities. As with virtually every revival in Christian history, not only are new Christian churches, denominations, and missions organizations birthed, but inevitably counterfeit movements ride the tide deceiving many new believers. One such counterfeit group was The Way International (TWI) founded by a self-proclaimed Bible scholar named Victor Paul Wierwille (1916 -1985). In this article we will examine the history and current status of TWI and analyze its doctrines from a historical Christian perspective.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  13. Springrain

Springrain Buckskin Girl was Marcia King

First time being on Websleuths in months...hi everybody. Bumping for Marcia. I pray she rests in eternal peace.

Marycielo, Keane, MaryG12 and 18 others like this.
  14. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

Nice to "see" you, missed your posts, welcome back!

15. AggieLou

AggieLou Well-Known Member

Wonder if they have considered Samuel Little now that he's confessed to Ohio murders. One in Cincinnati end of 1981. He's from northern Ohio but has been all over the U.S. Was arrested in Louisville KY. I think some of his timeline of when he said he committed some of these murders is a little off after all these years. And some victims he picked up and dumped elsewhere. Most were beaten and strangled. Coincidences with Louisville and Ohio just kind of struck me as a possibility

16. Feme98

Feme98 Well-Known Member

Maybe he should be questioned whether he had involvement in Marcia's death.

17. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

I'll contact Colleen to ask if anyone is going to video her talk because I know most of us want to see it

DNA ‘Cold Case’ Expert Plans MTSU Forensic Genealogy Talk

malaika, Al Ka, Suglo and 6 others like this.
  18. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Thanks, Rose.

Roselvr, Al Ka, Suglo and 2 others like this.
  19. BlackCloud

BlackCloud Well-Known Member

I agree. They should definitely consider Little as a "person of interest". That beast did confess 90+ murders...and he travelled all over the country for years.
    He could be her killer.
    Poor girl.
    I've seen the morgue photos...looking at those photos you can read the pain she felt when she was killed.
    She really deserves some justice after 38 years.

AggieLou, janewall and dotr like this.
  20. AggieLou

AggieLou Well-Known Member

While most of his victims were sexually assaulted, a few were not. His drawings of victims' faces are quite amazing There was a redhead or two which made me think of possibly a connection to Marcia. And the coincidences of his locations and hers around the time of her death.