GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #3

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by Cubby, Nov 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cubby

Cubby fly the W!

2. Loading...

3. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

yep - this is 3rd thread..the first one had 'College on lockdown' in title

4. cluciano63

cluciano63 Well-Known Member

I wonder if LE can use his (MH) cell phone tracking to see where he went on Wednesday? If he made any calls or texts, can they do that triangulation thing?

5. debloree

debloree New Member

6. grayjay

grayjay Active Member

7. Leila

Leila Active Member

I'm wondering what was found in Foundation Park in the way of evidence. Reports say that four bags of evidence were taken out of the woods. There were reports (FaceBook) of a maroon shirt and a blue buck found.

Does anyone know if Foundation Park is a place that gets a lot of normal foot traffic? What I'm wondering is if the items found are item necessarily items belonging to the three missing people or items that have been left behind by people using the park.

8. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

I wonder if this guy used one of their cards at walmart??? we never have heard about any personal belongings (ie, if purses, phones, etc were left behind or missing)... ITA also could have been a cell phone ping or just a suspicious purchase?

I bet we won't hear much more until 2pm presser... ((coming up in one hour)

here are links:

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/
    http://www.10tv.com/live/content/index.html
    http://www2.nbc4i.com/
    -------

other local links:
    http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/index.html
    http://www.mountvernonnews.com/

9. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

I believe the above clothing was found during the private search in apple valley? The other evidence we saw gathered was at Foundation park aka The gravel pits. I could be wrong. Lots of stuff happening fast.

10. Texas Mist

Texas Mist Retired WS Staff

the clothing was found by a non-LE searcher over in the Apple Valley area...and it looked to us like leaves were in the evidence bags at the park. (links to this info is in previous thread).

there's enough houses close by, that I'd think there would be foot traffic in the park...it wasn't that far from Hoffman's house so it's not hard to believe the neighbor that said he used to carry bags over there, and come back w/o them.

11. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

Tom Bosco w/ ABC6 Twitter link. He has more pics of boats and chopper.

http://twitter.com/tomwsyx6

ETA: and the Sheriff's deputy is there now.

12. AnaTeresa

AnaTeresa New Member

Purchasing a tarp sounds ominous. I've got a feeling we won't be finding anyone else alive, since they weren't found with Sarah.

13. nursebeeme

nursebeeme Registered User

you are correct suziQ
    http://www.mountvernonnews.com/local/10/11/15/search-continues-for-missing-trio

the shirts were found on a gravel road on the east side of apple valley (paraphrased)

14. jnTexas

jnTexas Can't wait for softball and baseball to start :-)

This case is so sad. Wonder if there is anyone else invovled? How would he controll all four people by himself? Unless he threatened to harm the children if the adults fought back.

15. Soul125

Soul125 New Member

Sadly, I agree. If he had left any of the other three alive they would have led LE straight to his house where he was keeping Sarah. And clearly he wasn't intending to let her go, and probably would have murdered her also. Thank god this young girl was spared and found safe.

16. orb4me

orb4me Former Member

I wish the chopper was still there. My scanner is saying nothing. Is there a major black out on information?

17. SuziQ

SuziQ Well-Known Member

It's the distance between locations and the truck dump that gets me. Too far to walk IMO. How did he get to Tina's house to begin with? How did he get from the college to home?

18. raeann

raeann Well-Known Member

For those who were looking for more information on Stephanie, FB poster says previous names were Thompson (maiden) and married names of Kupiec and Cochren. Someone else posted the spelling as Kupiak....don't know which one is correct.

eta:

Someone else just added a former married name of Glancy also.....

19. maza

maza New Member

Has anyone seen any reporting on whether or not this guy has friends/family in the area? i've been googling like crazy, but not seeing anything.

guessing he is a complete loner and acted alone.

would seem like one of the news stations would have tracked down a friend/relative for an interview, but haven't seen that reported. only the statements from a few neighbors and there is not much said.

20. Soul125

Soul125 New Member

The location of the clothing that was found has me wondering now. I wonder if this guy would really try to transport three bodies into a public park to dispose of them. Seems kind of risky to me without being seen. There are many woody areas near their home such as the Kokosing Gap Trail area, esp. since this guy purchased a tarp supposedly. JMO

21. darlin gal

darlin gal New Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.