GUILTY OH - Two women & child killed, 13yo abducted, Apple Valley, 10 Nov 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
While it might not be "significant to the case" the sandwich is definitely significant in determining his mental state at the time.

tarps and garbage bags found are significant to the investigation, later when asked, there is a relationship between them and the ones purchased at Walmart.

WOW. But since they are still looking I guess it is good news that must not have found bodies in them, which I think is what everyone was fearing when they were found.

Wow did he just say at the end that the tarp and others thing is relate to the walmart receipt?

I wish they would ask what color was the tarp ?

I got preoccupied with a project and wasn't watching the time, and missed all but the last couple of minutes of the presser. Can someone do a brief recap of what Sheriff Barber said? Thanks! :)

tarps and garbage bags found are significant to the investigation, later when asked, there is a relationship between them and the ones purchased at Walmart.

WOW. But since they are still looking I guess it is good news that must not have found bodies in them, which I think is what everyone was fearing when they were found.

the poor dog?:(

Wow did he just say at the end that the tarp and others thing is relate to the walmart receipt?

Yes.............he did say that! I caught that right at the end of the presser.

Has it been made public when (what date) Hoffman made those purchases?

I think he meant that the tarp, trash bags, etc that were purchased at walmart are significant to the investigation, not that they were significant to the items found on Lower Gambier/Kokosing Gap Trail today.

149292_417910499363_63564314363_4593399_3517809_n.jpg

149292_417910504363_63564314363_4593400_1170257_n.jpg

149292_417910509363_63564314363_4593401_433109_n.jpg

I am now really curious to what Stephanys time line is. Super, duper curious.

I wasn't able to quote the post for some reason :waitasec: but anyway....about him eating squirrels.....I live in Louisiana and people here LOVE squirrel meat so I don't find that him doing that is so unusual. I do wonder though if that would be something atypical, and not usual in that area of OH. Now...him killing dogs (if true)....does up the notch for me as far as him being a possible psychopath and/or serial killer.

I grew up on a farm outside of Washington Court House, just south of Columbus and squirrel and rabbit were hunted and
served many times while I was growing up.
One thought keeps coming to my mind..I'm 58 yrs old and have heard
of a lot of crime and I really think that it amazes us that several folks can be
controlled by one person. We see it too often. I think that even if that one has a gun, he can't aim and shoot at 4 folks at once..if you're in that situation, you had better fight..you're going to lose in the end anyway..usually:(

I like this guy... I can't pin down exactly why... but I like his demeanor at the press conferences.

oh, tx...I am darn near in tears. I have MS and can get confused real easy. Thank you all for being so nice:)

I completely understand. I have MS and people get incredibly impatient with me when I forget something or mix it up. :innocent:

When you are an intelligent person in your mid 20's people don't expect you to be that forgetful! It's the most frustrating part of it for me. It is actually a huge part of the reason I am on Websleuths. It keeps my brain working, concentrating and I think it helps. Remembering which vehicle, location, suspect goes with which case... keeping it all straight in my head. I have to do it with medical stuff for my kids... this is a break from that.

But hey.... I'm a blond too... so I can blame it on that and make light of it sometimes. :angel:

They very well could have been for Sarah, but either way it shows that he was thinking ahead and was not in a state of panic or general disorganization. The defense in this case will likely attempt to claim that he was "not in his right mind" at the time he took Sarah. This purchase indicates (depending on the time and date of the purchase) that he was thinking ahead, or was calm enough and put together just enough to make conscious decisions as opposed to acting out of a psychotic state.

I think he meant that the tarp, trash bags, etc that were purchased at walmart are significant to the investigation, not that they were significant to the items found on Lower Gambier/Kokosing Gap Trail today.

He specifically said that there is a relationship between the items shown on the receipt and the items recovered in today's search of Lower Gambier Road. It was the last thing he said--after the presser was officially over and as he was leaving the room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77