OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 Feb 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Mar 15, 2019.

1. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Thank you for the clarification. Here is a good map of that hotel's surrounding area. Google Maps

2. ly502

ly502 Well-Known Member

But...we are relying on his wife and possibly his friend to verify that he was in the woods (no judgment of them...). Is there any other source that places him in the woods?

3. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

Missy- you might consider becoming a Verified Insider on Tyler's case. You have posted a lot of great insight that risks getting removed since we are supposed to rely on MSM and LE sources for information. This case may drag out and have some surprises, and you will be close to it all. The VI process is pretty easy-

Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

4. Missy20201

Missy20201 Active Member

Is that so! My apologies -- didn't realize. I'll look into that, as I've posted all I currently know and it'd be a bummer to have it removed now :p

5. The Night Watchman

The Night Watchman Well-Known Member

We need you!

6. ALS89

ALS89 Well-Known Member

Question for you Missy, you mentioned the friend went looking for him first but came back empty handed saying it would be fine. Did the friend say he didn’t see Tyler at all? Is there any more info on what the wife meant by he sounded confused? I’m wondering if he has an issue with blood sugar or something that could have made him disoriented since you mentioned he wasn’t super healthy.

7. Little Jack

Little Jack Member

I work across the street from the Hilton, I can see it out my office window. I have not the faintest idea what ‘Woods’ he could have been referring to. This area is like downtown Disney springs - it’s like a huge outdoor mall. I’ve never heard of this case which seems like a shame that there wouldn’t be flyers up or something.

8. Buckeye_Rich95

Buckeye_Rich95 New Member

I have a business on Morse Road at Cherry Bottom, and someone went around putting flyers on storefront windows sometime last week.

9. Little Jack

Little Jack Member

Oh, that’s good.

10. Missy20201

Missy20201 Active Member

I sent an email about becoming verified :)

Yes, people have been putting flyers up for a bit now. They were up at our work for about a week before the owner made us take them down :L

I don't know if the friend saw him, actually. It seems like an easy assumption to make, but I suppose I never actually asked. I could see if I can find out more if you like. And, I don't know about why Brittany says he sounded confused. I'd never heard that part before I watched that video when it came out on the news :(

11. medea13

medea13 Well-Known Member

exactly. Are we sure he even made it to the hotel? Are we sure he even made it to the strip club? How do we know any of this story is true? Is there CCTV footage that backs this up? There should be. ALSO There are not 'woods' nearby this hotel. It is a patch of trees that- especially- in February in Ohio you can literally SEE THROUGH as your drive by because there are not leaves on the trees. Im would think LE most likely knows what really happened though because there are cameras all over that hotel and all over Easton Town Center. I think the fact that LE aren't saying much says ALOT. I am sorry for the family and I hope I am wrong and Tyler comes home safe and sound. Something about the story sounds off.

12. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

Thank you @medea13 for reminding us about the trees being leafless. I rely on google maps street view to learn about an area, and sometimes forget that the satellite view doesn't necessarily reflect the current season.

13. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

I would say the wife needs to show where the actual physical “Woods” are that she went to, to search for her husband.

14. JanetElaine

JanetElaine Well-Known Member

He wouldn't have to cross the interstate. The 670 goes through a tunnel. You barely even notice it's there.

(ETA never mind, kept reading and see they were talking about the wrong hotel)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  15. ErinC

ErinC Active Member

I was just talking about this with my husband and realized that the last time we were up at Easton (we're about an hour and a half away and have family still in the area) was a few days before Tyler would have disappeared. When we were there, there were several construction fences between the Hilton and the "woods" (it's more like a scraggly patch of trees between Easton and the highway) that Tyler would have had to navigate to get to the trees. It wouldn't be impossible but it would have been a rather odd thing to do. If he had somehow taken a blow to the head, as in a mugging (Easton isn't particularly dangerous, but the odd purse snatching or wallet grab does happen) I suppose odd behavior could be possible.

16. Missy20201

Missy20201 Active Member

So I did ask my coworker about what woods they went looking around in, and he said it was more like a small wooded area across the street, rather than "woods" woods. So it's as some of you have speculated. When I asked why in the world he would cross the street to go into some small open area with trees, he was just as clueless as I am.

Ah, now you're sniffing around the things we're beginning to mutter about at work... :oops:

EDIT: As for the health issues thing, I don't believe he's ever had a blood sugar problem. He wouldn't eat all that often at work, unless he hadn't all day and knew he should. One of those types that smokes a lot and eats a little. He would, however, have chest pains semi-frequently, and they would bother him during the more heavy-lifting part of closes. We would often try to take over these duties and tell him to take a break, but he always waved us off and said he was fine, Tyler's always fine... Well I guess he was finally wrong on that front... Anyway, he never seemed dazed or confused when his chest hurt, so I can't imagine it was that

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  17. Missy20201

Missy20201 Active Member

Thank you, yes. I think we can all agree some of the circumstances here are a little odd and suspicious, but we cannot and should not try to imply either his friend or his wife were involved. As far as we know they're just as much victims as any of his other friends and family.

I just hope we get some news soon. It's been a long time since anything new came up, and the not knowing is the worst part.

18. medea13

medea13 Well-Known Member

Mother running out of time after her husband mysteriously ... - WSYXabc6onyourside.com/.../mother-running-out-of-time-after-her-husband-mysteriously-...

Missy 20201 I agree that his wife and 'friend' could be innocent victims and in that case I DO feel for them. But with that being said -

I think what we have been told happened that night is untrue. I personally do not believe his wife and friend's story and i think there are some telling signs in this news clip. She seems to lack emotion. It's as if she is talking about something mundane, something other than the supposed love of her life, father of her children, being missing for a month without his cellphone, coat, or money. She looks down, to the side, mentions she 'wants to let everyone know the SITUATION' (wait your husband missing is a situation?) and rather nonchalantly ends with 'and thats the last time i talked to him and that was a little after 4 in the morning'.

Obviously by looking at Tyler's Facebook, his son was his world and I feel so sorry for the little guy. Hopefully we WILL have more answers soon and the people responsible for his disappearance will be brought to justice.

19. Missy20201

Missy20201 Active Member

I have to reluctantly agree with you on some points, medea. Still, I'll be the counter-argument, and point out that the video of her talking to someone off-camera while sitting at a table was really emotional and heartbreaking. As well as in this video linked on the first page, she is talking through tears. People can only cry so much, and she probably wanted to try to be a little more composed.

On that note, does anyone know where the original video went? The one where she's sitting at that table, and that the tweet/article quotes a lot of, where she talks about how good a dad he is and describes their last phone call. I swear it was in the article linked in the OP, but now I can't find it, just that one where she's talking about passing out flyers. Am I blind?

20. ALS89

ALS89 Well-Known Member