OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know nothing about US zip codes. Is it the same zip code as the Hilton?
The spot on the NamUs map looks like an eerie perfect place to be 'walking through the woods' and to quietly disappear or get hurt by someone.
I also wonder how many, if any, cameras Tyler should have passed between the Hilton and that spot.

If we knew for sure his phone was located there last, someone local might have a look if there are any cameras on that route. And what's going on out there at 4 am on Saturday.

The NamUs spot is exactly where I was initially drawn to, before Abbott Labs parking lot map appeared.
Do you have a picture of the spot you’re taking about? I would like to see!

But everyone who doesn't have/wants a Facebook account, has no access to the info that's on there. And it's not allowed to discuss what's on there on WS, so that info is simply lost.

I think closed FB groups involving info on a missing person/crime/etc aren’t inclusive. If I want help finding someone I love, I want anybody and everybody to see the posts. What if someone doesn’t want to join, and might end up helping? That person/info isn’t heard. It’s simple to block anyone who’s rude. I equate it to having a missing persons flyer, but requiring someone’s name/profile or they can’t have a flyer. To each his/her own, though. All JMO.

Do you have a picture of the spot you’re taking about? I would like to see!
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
I'm on a tablet and I don't know how to get the Google street view link in here.
If you click on the NamUs map link (next to 'last known location'), you get a satellite view with a pinpoint of an area next to a new connective road between Easton square Pl. And a road going past JP Morgan Chase.

When you Google street view that connective road from Easton Square Pl. You can see a new road. From the JP Morgan Chase side, you cannot see it, because street view there's from 2014 and it wasn't there yet.

A few days ago I was street viewing the crossing of Easton Square Pl. And Morse Crossing and I got images of people doing construction there and putting huge tubes in the ground. For some reason I cannot see those anymore.

There's a LOT of drainage, man holes etc. in the area where Tyler went missing. I wonder if it is possible to let cadaver dogs sniff these manhole covers.
Does anyone know if they would react to human remains being in the drainage system?

Thanks!! So, this was where his phone, or Gmail info stated he was, or more of a tower ping general location?
How far is that - in walking distance - from the Hilton? I see the Hilton in the distance. Seems like a long walk just because you’re mad. But, it does seem as if he would still be able to see the Hilton from there, right? And the only two things that make sense are - he fell into something or was picked up.

I know nothing about US zip codes. Is it the same zip code as the Hilton?

Yes.

The NamUs spot is exactly where I was initially drawn to, before Abbott Labs parking lot map appeared.

As I mentioned and explained, that's just a general location. In Google Maps if you enter "Columbus, OH 43219" as the location it defaults to the same view.

The LE entered that location into the NamUs profile and the NamUs website converts it to the default coordinates.

380916E2-9E1B-42F9-8C7F-345D3903E4D5.png

Yes.

As I mentioned and explained, that's just a general location. In Google Maps if you enter "Columbus, OH 43219" as the location it defaults to the same view.

The LE entered that location into the NamUs profile and the NamUs website converts it to the default coordinates.

View attachment 184322
Now I'm in Europe. And when I type Columbus Ohio 43219 into Google maps, I get the same aerial view, BUT without the red marker. Now am I just being a jerk going on about this, or could the marker actually mark the spot of a confirmed sighting?

Now I'm in Europe. And when I type Columbus Ohio 43219 into Google maps, I get the same aerial view, BUT without the red marker. Now am I just being a jerk going on about this, or could the marker actually mark the spot of a confirmed sighting?

NamUs does that for every profile with a location if you click on a map to show the general area.

There is a NamUs user guide on their site actually and it shows what information that LE can enter to indicate location. They can enter a specific street address, enter an intersection of streets, or simply enter by city/state/zip. If you look on Tyler's profile, you can see they merely entered city/state/zip. So the NamUs website takes that information and creates a link to Google Maps. The way NamUs does it puts the pin there automatically (just as if it were a street address or intersection) but a LEO doesn't have a way of entering specific coordinates (sadly).

There IS actually a roadside camera there, that has a view of the wooded area wit the red marker in it.
The red marker is within the camera's range it seems.

NamUs does that for every profile with a location if you click on a map to show the general area.

There is a NamUs user guide on their site actually and it shows what information that LE can enter to indicate location. They can enter a specific street address, enter an intersection of streets, or simply enter by city/state/zip. If you look on Tyler's profile, you can see they merely entered city/state/zip. So the NamUs website takes that information and creates a link to Google Maps. The way NamUs does it puts the pin there automatically (just as if it were a street address or intersection) but a LEO doesn't have a way of entering specific coordinates (sadly).
Ok thanks. So it's just a weird coincidence. And frankly it doesn' t say much.

So the map that's on the bring Tyler Davis home website with the Abbott parking lot as last place his phone was located is most likely accurate?

A few days ago I was street viewing the crossing of Easton Square Pl. And Morse Crossing and I got images of people doing construction there and putting huge tubes in the ground. For some reason I cannot see those anymore.

There's a LOT of drainage, man holes etc. in the area where Tyler went missing. I wonder if it is possible to let cadaver dogs sniff these manhole covers.
Does anyone know if they would react to human remains being in the drainage system?
A trained human cadaver dog are different from search (scent dogs) will not signal a living person or an animal (except pigs), but it will signal a recently deceased, putrefying or skeletonised human corpse. I’ve seen them find a bone that was a decade old and free of flesh underneath two feet of soil and forest debris. Two of the by-products of decomposition, putrescine and cadaverine, have been bottled and are commercially available as dog training aids. If a body was in a drainage ditch and the currents weren’t actively flowing, moving the body downstream, they should catch the scent.

There's a "suspicious death" investigation going on in Columbus today. The victim has not been named yet. They have only said it was a man's body found in back of a house. Unknown if it is related to Tyler's case or not: Columbus police investigating 'suspicious' death after body found in Linden area

Can anyone map where this is in relation to the hotel?
Here's a google map showing the North Linden area and you can see the Easton area where the hotel is just a couple miles to its northeast. Google Maps I am not sure it will be him, the news report linked above says they found a man "unresponsive" and pronounced him dead. That's not wordage you would use if you found someone that had been likely deceased for almost 3 months.

Last edited:
So the map that's on the bring Tyler Davis home website with the Abbott parking lot as last place his phone was located is most likely accurate?

Supposedly the Abbott location comes from his Google timeline, yes. However it's also said that his phone may have had a very low charge so I don't know what that would do to location tracking if the phone switched into low power mode.

Also, someone that is apparently close to the family (or at least someone they seem to share info with) made some strange comments on Facebook just in the last few days about the GPS of the phone placing it near "Hampton by Hilton" hotel around 3:53. That's actually on the other side of Hilton Easton and a small bit of distance from where they were staying. So there's some conflicting information here.

There's a "suspicious death" investigation going on in Columbus today. The victim has not been named yet. They have only said it was a man's body found in back of a house. Unknown if it is related to Tyler's case or not: Columbus police investigating 'suspicious' death after body found in Linden area

Can anyone map where this is in relation to the hotel?
Linden is around 5 miles to Easton depending where in the Linden area you are. At the time I lived there Linden wasn’t the best (or the worst) area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks