OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the story is that TD got so mad after the uber he stormed off and friend went after him but since we don't actually know if that's true, I had a thought: It would make sense to me that the friend would sleep over at the hotel that night so as not to drink and drive, but he didn't. It would also seem logical that upon arriving at the hilton after the Dollhouse, the friend would call it a night and go home letting the married couple go up to bed since he seemingly wasn't caring about the risk of drunk driving. If the couple weren't going right to bed, it still seemed like the perfect time to give them privacy on this romantic weekend and leave. Sticking around for an hour or so back at the hotel after the Dollhouse and THEN leaving just seems like awkward timing. I don't know just a weird thought I had, I have no idea what it means, my opinion only of course.

I know the story is that TD got so mad after the uber he stormed off and friend went after him but since we don't actually know if that's true, I had a thought: It would make sense to me that the friend would sleep over at the hotel that night so as not to drink and drive, but he didn't. It would also seem logical that upon arriving at the hilton after the Dollhouse, the friend would call it a night and go home letting the married couple go up to bed since he seemingly wasn't caring about the risk of drunk driving. If the couple weren't going right to bed, it still seemed like the perfect time to give them privacy on this romantic weekend and leave. Sticking around for an hour or so back at the hotel after the Dollhouse and THEN leaving just seems like awkward timing. I don't know just a weird thought I had, I have no idea what it means, my opinion only of course.

I thought that the story was that the uber driver dropped them off, and Tyler stormed off because he was upset about something. Mystery Friend then followed him, but not right away, so he had to try to catch up to where Tyler was. Then Mystery Friend decided "enough of this s___, I"m outta here" and got in his car and drove home. He apparently told the cops that he knew Tyler well, had been through something like this before, and wasn't in the mood that night to go through it again. Mystery Friend lived nearby, and would've driven to Easton and parked. Free parking is everywhere there. And drunk driving is what drunk people do, unfortunately. They convince themselves that they're okay to drive. So he spent a few minutes looking for Tyler, got sick of it, and drove home. To me that's totally plausible. I don't think he cared one second about the couple's intimate privacy on her birthday. He was just plain done with that night, and wanted to go home. How could Friend have known that TD would up and vanish?

Does anyone watch the Brain Scratcher video about Tyler?
He thinks the best friend leaving Brittany to try to find Tyler on her own was odd. (doesn't make him guilty but it's kinda odd) So far the best friend was the last one to see Tyler.

I was disappointed in how much JL spent questioning the motives/behavior of BD and Friend. When I first started obsessing over this case, I was dubious of both the wife and the friend, but I've now decided that they are both innocent of any involvement in TD's disappearance. I also thought that a walk-away was a good possibility. I have changed my mind. I came to this conclusion by looking at the evidence and listening to TCG's interview of BD. No way is TD abandoning that boy. No way is Brittany taking that boy's father from him. No way. As for the friend, he was just drunk and tired and wanted to go home. He has apparently talked willingly to police, and his unwillingness to talk to media is proof of nothing nefarious. I believe that TD was a victim of foul play out there. He got lost and came across the wrong person at the wrong time.

I thought that the story was that the uber driver dropped them off, and Tyler stormed off because he was upset about something. Mystery Friend then followed him, but not right away, so he had to try to catch up to where Tyler was. Then Mystery Friend decided "enough of this s___, I"m outta here" and got in his car and drove home. He apparently told the cops that he knew Tyler well, had been through something like this before, and wasn't in the mood that night to go through it again. Mystery Friend lived nearby, and would've driven to Easton and parked. Free parking is everywhere there. And drunk driving is what drunk people do, unfortunately. They convince themselves that they're okay to drive. So he spent a few minutes looking for Tyler, got sick of it, and drove home. To me that's totally plausible. I don't think he cared one second about the couple's intimate privacy on her birthday. He was just plain done with that night, and wanted to go home. How could Friend have known that TD would up and vanish?
I know the friend drive there and had his car. I'm not sure what free parking has to do with anything. But according to BD's story, the friend doesn't just follow TD, get sick of his *advertiser censored* and drive home. He goes back to the hotel room with BD for awhile and is there when she is talking to TD on the phone. That was the part I thought was the friend overstaying his welcome a bit. Either sleep there because you are drunk or go right home. Of course The friend didn't know TD would go missing. I wasn't insinuating that at all. My opinion only.

maybe we need to think outside the box....there are so many things about this case we don't know.

Does anyone else find it strange that there has NEVER been EVEN ONE image released of tyler caught on cctv from that evening - not from the bars he supposedly visited, the hotel where he supposedly stayed, or the strip club they supposedly went to - all of which are known to have cameras?

I feel like there is something weird about this case but i can't put my finger on it, WHY has LE NEVER publicly commented about Tyler's disappearance?

I guess I'm still leaning towards unfortunate accident but I feel like he should have been found by now. The sheer amount of time since he went missing (3 months now) is making me feel more and more like something nefarious may have happened.

Someone came in to the Pub the other night (I worked with Tyler at the local Pub 2 years ago when he and his wife were expecting their son). The guy talked to another one of the ladies there (who started working there right after Tyler resigned) and I happened to overhear. The guy was obviously slow, and asked if the Pub was hiring for any help. When he was told we didn't have any positions open, he then asked if Tyler used to work there. The other lady said no (since she obviously had no idea). As soon as he was gone, I told her Tyler had, in fact, worked there, and that he is the one who's been missing for 3 months.
I was a bit weirded out by that. Not sure why. The guy in question reminded me of the West Memphis Three's Jessie Misskelly.
I, personally, never thought we would still have no updates after 3 months. Still no official statement from police. No CCTV footage of the last place he was seen. No public statement from his parents. . . . . . . . .

Someone came in to the Pub the other night (I worked with Tyler at the local Pub 2 years ago when he and his wife were expecting their son). The guy talked to another one of the ladies there (who started working there right after Tyler resigned) and I happened to overhear. The guy was obviously slow, and asked if the Pub was hiring for any help. When he was told we didn't have any positions open, he then asked if Tyler used to work there. The other lady said no (since she obviously had no idea). As soon as he was gone, I told her Tyler had, in fact, worked there, and that he is the one who's been missing for 3 months.
I was a bit weirded out by that. Not sure why. The guy in question reminded me of the West Memphis Three's Jessie Misskelly.
I, personally, never thought we would still have no updates after 3 months. Still no official statement from police. No CCTV footage of the last place he was seen. No public statement from his parents. . . . . . . . .

Ty for your very helpful contributions and insights to this thread
I don’t understand your reference to the guy in question reminding you of West Memphis Three (I’m not familiar w that). So I’ll ask if you can say more about “the guy in question” I’m wondering if he could have been undercover LE, asking questions, looking for background information.

I know the friend drive there and had his car. I'm not sure what free parking has to do with anything. But according to BD's story, the friend doesn't just follow TD, get sick of his **** and drive home. He goes back to the hotel room with BD for awhile and is there when she is talking to TD on the phone. That was the part I thought was the friend overstaying his welcome a bit. Either sleep there because you are drunk or go right home. Of course The friend didn't know TD would go missing. I wasn't insinuating that at all. My opinion only.
I just reread my post, and I don't know what free parking has to do with anything either. Why did I write that? lol. Anyway, I guess I just don't find him going up to their room all that weird. I can see why some people would find that weird, but under the circumstances, I think it makes sense. If Tyler had not got mad and stormed off, then the friend would not have gone up to the room. But Tyler did walk off. So maybe the friend went up there with BD just to make sure she got up there safe and sound? He then went looking for Tyler, and that's when he just got plain tired and decided to go home.

The Linden neighborhood of Columbus is pretty rough and a homicide occurs there with some regularity, unfortunately. It's likely not Tyler.

Like so many young, intoxicated men who wander off alone late at night, I suspect TD may be found in a body of water. Creek, drainage ditch, sewer, retention pond, etc. It's hard to explain but this is where so many intoxicated young men end up. This one is odd though because there's no large bodies of water within walking distance of Easton.

I think foul play is a remote possibility at this hour. Not many people around at this time of night in such cold weather.

What do you guys make of TD supposedly arriving at the hotel in the uber and being upset that they weren't where they were supposed to be? Does that just sound like typical drunk confusion?

this part always raises red flags for me. Brittney saying basically "silly old Tyler, be was all confused, saying we were at the wrong place"
Something about that makes me wonder: maybe they were supposed to go somewhere else after the Dollhouse? Tyler is a bit incoherent, but Brittney knows the Uber driver has just witnessed Tyler saying these things about being at the wrong place, so she needs to incorporate it into her story. For some reason she doesn't want to mention this other location Tyler thought they were going to.
But where were they supposed to be going? And does this lead to Tyler being mad & storming off? Is he trying to find this other location? Did he try to flag down a ride there? hitchhike? My train of thought kind of ends there, but still I find it hard to just shrug that part of her story off as someone being drunk / tired / confused.

this part always raises red flags for me. Brittney saying basically "silly old Tyler, be was all confused, saying we were at the wrong place"
Something about that makes me wonder: maybe they were supposed to go somewhere else after the Dollhouse? Tyler is a bit incoherent, but Brittney knows the Uber driver has just witnessed Tyler saying these things about being at the wrong place, so she needs to incorporate it into her story. For some reason she doesn't want to mention this other location Tyler thought they were going to.
But where were they supposed to be going? And does this lead to Tyler being mad & storming off? Is he trying to find this other location? Did he try to flag down a ride there? hitchhike? My train of thought kind of ends there, but still I find it hard to just shrug that part of her story off as someone being drunk / tired / confused.

It DOES seem a little strange. Everytime BD mentions that TD just seemed so confused I feel a liitle uneasy, such as when he supposedly said on the phone that he was five minutes away and could see the hotel. BD said he sounded confused. That statement didn't sound confused to me. Sure, TD might have been looking at the wrong building but he sounds sure of himself that he was five minutes away, knew where he was and would be right there, not confused. It might have been tone of voice though.

@velvta I'm sorry I came off harsh in my post. There was no need for it and I have felt bad all day. We're all just trying to help find Tyler and I sure as hell don't have better ideas than anyone else here. I apologize.

I don’t necessarily think the police have a lot of info, but I think what info they do have contradicts the story that has been told.

Supposedly there is video of the friend going after Tyler, but if the friend was following Tyler, why wasn’t there video of Tyler?

Lots of gaps in the most crucial time period yet so many details in all the time leading up to when he disappeared.

To be clear, I’m not saying I think his wife or friend did anything to him, but I think him walking off was more than just him being mad because he got woken up. The most likely scenario is that once he walked off because he was mad, there was an accident of some kind. But I think there was something on the shady side happening that made him mad in the first place, and either the police or his wife don’t want that info released.

Maybe he really was just mad that he got woken up. I’ve never known anyone who goes into a rage from that, but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t happen.

I think he’s most likely deceased, and I wish they could find him before it’s completely too late to determine a cause of death and gather evidence.

I feel your theory. I think it’s highly likely. We’ve always thought something was off with the wife’s story. I think there may have been an argument, even before the Uber ride. When he got woken up, he could’ve reacted even angrier, so he walked off. I hope they find him soon. jmo

I can't think of him ending up anywhere else, if he's dead. The lack of huge bodies of water, or wide rivers there, doesn't really mean much, IMO. There's another case of a kid named Alexander Grant who went missing for a couple of days in New York state. He went missing in a densely populated college town, and ended dead up in a creek. And the creek froze over by the time they found him! He was another drunk guy who got separated from the people he was out with that night. It's a bizarre story. It's unlikely we'd find TD's body in the "woods" nearby, since there really isn't any significant woods to get lost in. He's in a nearby creek or something like that.

BTW, your comment to me wan't harsh at all! I'm sorry you felt bad about it, because you didn't need to! We both want TD found so he can be back with Brittany and their baby boy.:)

I was disappointed in how much JL spent questioning the motives/behavior of BD and Friend. --- I believe that TD was a victim of foul play out there. He got lost and came across the wrong person at the wrong time.

Yeah, I agree. The John Lordan video is ok but it doesn't include any of the info from the TCG Off The Record #54 podcast that came from the lead detective or TD's friend. As such, it really doesn't summarize current knowledge of the case and he spends too much time questioning parts that seem to have been explained already.

I too think TD ran across the wrong person while he was lost. Since his body has not been found in the area my current guess is that someone offered him a ride, under pretense, and took him out of the area to water dispose of the body...

maybe we need to think outside the box....there are so many things about this case we don't know.

Does anyone else find it strange that there has NEVER been EVEN ONE image released of tyler caught on cctv from that evening - not from the bars he supposedly visited, the hotel where he supposedly stayed, or the strip club they supposedly went to - all of which are known to have cameras?

I feel like there is something weird about this case but i can't put my finger on it, WHY has LE NEVER publicly commented about Tyler's disappearance?

I guess I'm still leaning towards unfortunate accident but I feel like he should have been found by now. The sheer amount of time since he went missing (3 months now) is making me feel more and more like something nefarious may have happened.
It's in thread #1 but there is a link to a MSM article in the thread where law enforcement were quoted as "zero evidence that he was in the area". Since then they have said nothing further, and Tyler's family (other than the wife) has not said one word anywhere.

What post # is that in, please?

actually i just went through all posts in the first thread and still can't find ANY COMMENT AT ALL FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT , in fact, one of the first posts the msm article states they contacted columbus police and there was NO RESPONSE. Would love it if I am wrong and - it would NOT be the first time - but please if anyone can find any comment from LE about this case....link it. There is nothing....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie