ú

OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ChiCubs2016

ChiCubs2016 Well-Known Member

If the edit button is still there you just have to hit edit, backspace to erase the post and type DBM-which is deleted by me. If the edit button is gone, you have to ask the mods to remove. Hope this helps!

2. MesquiteO21

MesquiteO21 Well-Known Member

Very true! i'm in my 30s and my parents, sister, brother-in-law, and grandma are all on the same plan because my sister gets a military discount :D

3. penelopemcswain

penelopemcswain Active Member

I'm not sure it's worth speculating why they're having to fight with Verizon over the phone records. According to LE via TCG this is what has been going on this whole time, and it's pretty standard, both according to the police, and several other investigations I've followed. Unless laws are going to change overnight, that's the current situation.
    LE are anxiously awaiting the records to see if there was any activity after that 4:03 time (or whenever the last call reportedly came in to Brittney's phone) - they apparently suspect there might have been. Hopefully they find out soon.

alexwood, StarEyes, neesaki and 8 others like this.
  4. TXFForever

TXFForever Well-Known Member

BBM. That will be so interesting to find out!

5. penelopemcswain

agreed! it is frustrating to have to wait so long...I'm sure everyone involved feels that way even more so.
    Apparently for some reason, LE suspected there might have been:

a) snapchat activity
    b) facebook activity

after that last call. I don't know why they suspect this. This is all according to the Captain from True Crime Garage on the two "Off the Record" follow-up podcasts they've made since the initial interviews with BD.

6. MesquiteO21

*respectfully snipped just for brevity*

I think I lean towards suicide or accidental death as well but then I have that looming thought in the back of my mind: if one of these is the case, why hasn't his body been found? I know that bodies have been missed even when searches were conducted in the vicinity where the body was eventually later located...but it's always that ever-present doubt in my mind. Especially since he wasn't familiar with the area, it would be a lot harder for him to find a secluded spot to take his life.

This case is so bizarre. I agree that the silence from LE and his parents is very weird.

7. penelopemcswain

this ^
    also, he's been out walking for a while before that point. How much further (into the woods or wherever) is he really going to go? he's tired, cold, possibly hungry...it's 4 am..nobody's gonna see you anyway.

This is all a little bit reminiscent of Maura Murray. It's like, yeah, she could have taken her own life as could have Tyler, but why would the bod(ies) be that hard to find if so? They're both in areas they don't know, so what would be the point of trying to "hide" themselves? for all they knew of the area, you could keep walking another block and end up in someone's back yard or a parking lot. It's not like they knew "if I keep going in x direction I'm going to be deeper into these woods"

8. MesquiteO21

i just can't get over that the friend apparently left Tyler alone to "cool off". It was early morning, still dark, Tyler was intoxicated, and he wasn't familiar with the area. I understand if Tyler didn't want to go back to the hotel, but in such a situation, you stay with your friend. You say hey we can walk back to my place. Or say, let's walk back to the hotel but you don't have to go to your room, just walk around in a spot that's not uh the freaking forest at 3-4 AM??? I don't know what to think of the friend, but if this scenario is true, it was at the very least incredibly irresponsible and careless of him to let Tyler go off on his own.

medea13, alexwood, StarEyes and 2 others like this.
  9. Steelslady

Steelslady Well-Known Member

I can't judge the friend. After dealing with several alcoholics in our family as well as a couple of friends in the past, it could be that he himself was tired, and no amount of reason would get through to Tyler in this state. It is hard when they get to a point like that- some even become violent and vile when drunk. We don't know Tyler personally, how often he does this, if he gets belligerent and violent. I refuse to judge another, as being in this similar situation a couple of times myself, it gets old and tiring. I ended the friendships with two such individuals and stopped visiting with the family members that put me through this- literally banned them from my home. I got tired of their abuse, putting them up for the night and having to stay awake to make sure they didn't try to take off in their cars (I took the keys to bed with me!), or walking them home- very hard to do with a drunk person, their denial that they have a problem with alcohol, it's your fault that you can't handle it, blah blah blah. It's easier said than done. IF it was a one time thing, I can see your point, but it seems that this wasn't a first time that he did this. We have no idea how often this has happened in the past, and there is a breaking point with loved ones and friends.

10. AzPistonsGirl

AzPistonsGirl Detroit to the Bone

wow, I haven't checked in since last week but now I see all this speculation about suicide? Wow, what broke to give rise to that? I will go back and read because that was absolutely not the vibe I was picking up at all...

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 4:19 PM
  11. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, you didn't miss any new developments. I think I was the first to bring up suicide in this thread. :oops: I have been considering it from the beginning of this case (along with accidental death). I really hate thinking a father would possibly kill himself, but I've been here long enough that I'm jaded. It seems to happen too often. :( Death due to misadventure/accident is equally likely to me however. MOO.

12. medea13

medea13 Well-Known Member

i agree with your points. I think it is strange that if something unfortunate happened to tyler (accident, hypothermia after becoming lost) his body has not been found. this is a very populated area and well traveled by many every day. There aren't that many 'hiding places' ....and I'm assuming (hoping ) LE has checked those.

did we ever get an update on the remains found at the railroad building? think it was norfolk southern? have to go back and check....

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019 at 6:24 PM
  13. TXFForever

TXFForever Well-Known Member

This is silly....I keep seeing this phrase "drunken misadventure" here. Does that mean tripped and hit his head or something? Is it the same meaning as accident? Its not a term I'm familiar with. Thanks!

Detectivediva likes this.
  14. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Well-Known Member

It's a similar meaning as accident I suppose, but when I use misadventure I mean that he might have gone somewhere or done something that he normally would not have done and died in the process. It's often used in cases here when people wander off while drunk but it doesn't necessarily have to involve drinking or drugs. In this case there was additional risk due to him not being properly dressed for the cold temps and an added risk of being drunk which could lead to impaired decision making. MOO.

15. velvta

velvta Active Member

Hi TXF! Here's an example of a 'drunken misadventure": Man's behavior in hours before death a mystery . I think it means 'drunken accident" that makes no rational sense.

I may have talked about that case out of NY before. But it is a good example of what alcohol can do to a person. It's amazing how irrational people are when drinking. Even I often think to myself that a decision or behavior would not have happened, because no sane person would have done it, but they did do it. Drunk men go to sleep in dumpsters. They go on walks in sketchy woods. They explore places that they have not been before and wouldn't be welcome in normally. They walk in the wrong direction and get lost on walks that they done a hundred times.

I have changed my mind about this case so many times. At first I thought "walk-away". Later I thought "foul play". Now I'm thinkin "drunken misadventure" that led to some accident. I'm obsessed with this case because I live nearby, and frankly, I've been out drinking there many times. The story gets more heartbreaking everyday. I hope we find him alive so he can be back with his boy, Aaron.

Alcina, alexwood, StarEyes and 12 others like this.
  16. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

agreed. There's only so much a friend can do to try to control the actions of a full grown intoxicated male! You can try but I highly doubt he could just pick him up and drag him to the hotel.

Alcina, alexwood, StarEyes and 9 others like this.
  17. loraball

loraball Well-Known Member

We don’t know the friend has cooperated. LE has made no such statement. BD made that statement and her statement of the nights events are questionable. All of the searches of the area has been based on what she has provided. If her information is false or unreliable Tyler could be anywhere. IMO BD is leaving out parts of the story she thinks will make put her in a bad light. But why go to such great lengths to protect the friend?

Alcina, Mermaid76, alexwood and 7 others like this.
  18. neesaki

neesaki Well-Known Member

I agree, Dutch. It’s almost as if they already know what happened.

Alcina, medea13, alexwood and 11 others like this.
  19. happyday

happyday Well-Known Member

I believe the friend himself told True Crime Garage that he has cooperated. True that LE has not publicly commented on that or anything for that matter. That’s what I meant by we have no confirmation of anything really.

Alcina, alexwood, ChiCubs2016 and 5 others like this.
  20. StarEyes

StarEyes Well-Known Member

The thing that keeps foul play open for me is the “feeling that something is off ” with BDs account of what happened. IMO, there IS something being deliberately left out by her, but it very well could be something completely unrelated to his disappearance. Drug usage, inappropriate actions/jealousy, argument that may be too personally embarrassing....I have no idea. Those are just a few examples of what could be being left out by BD and/or the friend. As long as that gut feeling is there, BD and/or the friend will remain suspect in the events of the night. It’s an instinctive/base human gut feeling.

I also keep the accidental death option open, too. Construction areas are easy to fall into deep holes and such. He could be under dirt, covered by heavy construction equipment, with nobody aware that his body was ever in there. I have no idea how you’d ever resolve that. I don’t think you could. (I also believe this is possibly what happened to Brian Shaffer, too.)
    ALL JMO.

swedeheart, Alcina, wary and 9 others like this.