OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if LE has been so silent because they know/suspect what’s happened to Tyler, but need more evidence. I’m not ruling out an accident in a construction area. If he were to fall down in a deep hole, they could have covered him up when they filled it back in. They’d not even be aware he was there. It it’s a tight space and deep enough, you wouldn’t be able to see him from inside heavy equipment. I’ve pretty much came to this same conclusion with Brian Shaeffer (sorry if I’m spelling that wrong). It’s sad because they’ll likely never be uncovered. A building could be being built on top of any dozed dirt that may have covered him. I know it’s a small chance that this is what happened, but it seems as good an explanation as any without LE info. I wish we knew of any photos or cctv footage with him on it that night.
All jmo.
I'm with you on this one StarEyes. Until there is confirmation they searched that construction area and all of the drainage/sewage pipes large enough for a man, I can't be satisfied he isn't right there.

There was a young man named Noah DeWitt that disappeared in Portland a few years ago. He left his house on foot and seemingly walked to a nearby park which sat on the river. Everyone thought he would be found in the river, but instead he was found a long time later inside a locked sewage treatment tank. Entry was only a few hundred yards away via a drainage pipe that let out from the river bank. There are several of these in Easton near where Tyler is said to have been walking.

I also still wonder if Tyler was ditched at the strip club and was trying to walk to the hotel and is somewherein between (in which there are larg patches of woods). As far as I know that area has never been searched for him.

Thank you and yes, I was aware of those. I am talking recent searches. He went missing when it was still snowing out, and there was enough snow from storms to temporarily cover a body. Spring came and went, nothing. Summer came and went, again, nothing. Now it's almost fall. This poor guy needs to be found.

IIRC this area correctly, it would be difficult to wander onto some of the land surrounding some of the businesses due to security reasons.
I wonder if permission has been declined to SAR ?

Hmmm I find that I’m agreeing with you as far as LE silence..
Does anyone have any clue what the Uber driver remembers from that evening?
I wonder if between investigating the Uber report and investigating video surveillance from all places that night, if the police are piecing together something of their own (foul play) in which they wouldn’t want to disclose publicly.. moo!

Hmmm I find that I’m agreeing with you as far as LE silence..
Does anyone have any clue what the Uber driver remembers from that evening?
I wonder if between investigating the Uber report and investigating video surveillance from all places that night, if the police are piecing together something of their own (foul play) in which they wouldn’t want to disclose publicly.. moo!
There hasn't been one peep about whether or not he was in that car, nor was it confirmed anywhere that I can see, that they took one.

I'm with you on this one StarEyes. Until there is confirmation they searched that construction area and all of the drainage/sewage pipes large enough for a man, I can't be satisfied he isn't right there.

There was a young man named Noah DeWitt that disappeared in Portland a few years ago. He left his house on foot and seemingly walked to a nearby park which sat on the river. Everyone thought he would be found in the river, but instead he was found a long time later inside a locked sewage treatment tank. Entry was only a few hundred yards away via a drainage pipe that let out from the river bank. There are several of these in Easton near where Tyler is said to have been walking.

I also still wonder if Tyler was ditched at the strip club and was trying to walk to the hotel and is somewherein between (in which there are larg patches of woods). As far as I know that area has never been searched for him.
I’ve wondered about the strip club, too. I don’t feel like we have the full story there. But, surely LE checked in with their Uber driver. His wife and friend would be screwed sticking to the story we’ve been told. So, I’m not sure they lied about that part. Thing is, with LE nor the family telling us any info, we have no idea what happened. Something that bugs me really bad is the fact that his family hasn’t spoken up. I can’t figure out why they’d not do so. Jmo

I’ve wondered about the strip club, too. I don’t feel like we have the full story there. But, surely LE checked in with their Uber driver. His wife and friend would be screwed sticking to the story we’ve been told. So, I’m not sure they lied about that part. Thing is, with LE nor the family telling us any info, we have no idea what happened. Something that bugs me really bad is the fact that his family hasn’t spoken up. I can’t figure out why they’d not do so. Jmo

I’m in the same boat as you. A lot of questionable activity for a married couple, along with this “friend”. It all Stinks to high heaven, IMO.

I’m in the same boat as you. A lot of questionable activity for a married couple, along with this “friend”. It all Stinks to high heaven, IMO.
I agree. It’s very shifty. Perhaps, there’s really nothing else to know, and we’ve been told every detail. Perhaps. But, I lean far away from their story. Jmo, of course.

Is there a possibility this is like the Sodder family, where he entered a building and just seemingly disappeared?

He is an only child and quite close to his parents. The only reason I can think of is they have been told things by the police...and possibly been told not to speak out...

He is an only child and quite close to his parents. The only reason I can think of is they have been told things by the police...and possibly been told not to speak out...

yeah i get your point but also - as a mother myself - nothing could keep me from searching for my child. I would do anything to keep his name in the news and people aware of his disappearance. There are many ways nowadays through social media to have a presence and keep a case on everyones minds without pissing off some detective in the columbus police department. I mean something doesn't add up in this case. I also follow the Dulos case and just the other day the police released the last known images of jennifer doulos (who is also missing) - why has this never been done in this case? how do we know he ever went to easton? or the strip club? or for a walk? we are taking the word of his wife which has never been collaborated publicly by anyone.

yeah i get your point but also - as a mother myself - nothing could keep me from searching for my child. I would do anything to keep his name in the news and people aware of his disappearance. There are many ways nowadays through social media to have a presence and keep a case on everyones minds without pissing off some detective in the columbus police department. I mean something doesn't add up in this case. I also follow the Dulos case and just the other day the police released the last known images of jennifer doulos (who is also missing) - why has this never been done in this case? how do we know he ever went to easton? or the strip club? or for a walk? we are taking the word of his wife which has never been collaborated publicly by anyone.
Excellent post. If this was my son, I would be all over this like bees are to honey.

Where are the last photos of Tyler? Where is the family and friends of this young man, demanding answers, searching for him, hanging up fliers, etc?

I am a bit outraged that this young man has been missing since February, and if one didn't know better, one would think that no one cared about this man, that he had no one in the world in his corner. At least his wife has been posting and set up a page on FB. She's the only one that I can see, in Tyler's life, that has bothered to keep his name out there. I don't want to pile on her right now- she may very well be innocent and could be absolutely clueless of what happened to him.

You make some very good points, something I think I’d mentioned before, that if he left voluntarily he would be pursued, as in wanted, for child support.
I have to think there’s no evidence he left voluntarily, and his wife apparently doesn’t think so either.
Why? That’s the big Question mark, IMO.
This case has always seemed shady since the beginning, and it still does. IMO, there’s only a couple of people who hold the answers, it’s the wife and / or the so called friend, and / or possibly an accomplice. JMO

Child support isn't an automatic thing. Some people never ask for support from the non custodial parent. When they do, child support cases don't move all that quickly, they take time to establish and move through the court system. He would only be pursued if his child's mother went through the court and got an order issued for it. Then after a certain amount of time of him "not complying with the order" then he maybe pursued. If he had been in touch with LE early on, they'd have to obligation to track him down as there hadn't (and may never be) a court order for support.

There hasn't been one peep about whether or not he was in that car, nor was it confirmed anywhere that I can see, that they took one.

Right! Like in the Kenzi Luek case, with days of her declared missing, having had the Uber be the last to see her, the driver's statement was made public, or at least known from L.E. that they had spoken with the driver and had his statement. In this case not only have we not heard that L.E. has been in contact with the driver & what he remembers, WE HAVEN'T HEARD A WORD FROM LE AT ALL. That to me is the strangest part! The lack of attention from anyone looking for him is just odd.

Child support isn't an automatic thing. Some people never ask for support from the non custodial parent. When they do, child support cases don't move all that quickly, they take time to establish and move through the court system. He would only be pursued if his child's mother went through the court and got an order issued for it. Then after a certain amount of time of him "not complying with the order" then he maybe pursued. If he had been in touch with LE early on, they'd have to obligation to track him down as there hadn't (and may never be) a court order for support.
However pursuit of payment from the absent parent is automatic if the custodial parent applies for and receives government benefits (even if that parent never personally file for support from the other parent).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave