OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
there are several hotels around Easton, and you can check in anytime you would like. I remember in the beginning of this case, brittany said they had given Schon a key to the room since he was spending the night. I think it was on the first podcast. Also, since they had already been taking ubers this evening I think it is strange that he wouldn't just take another one home. Why drive? Weird. There's a lot of things about Tyler's disappearance that don't add up to me but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious happened.
I don’t find it weird that a twenty-something in this situation would just drive home. No way would I have considered even for a second at that age to spend a couple hundred bucks on a hotel for a few hours when I had a car. Yes even after drinking. That was then though—now I wouldn’t even be partying lol, and would most definitely take a Lyft or get a hotel room if I DID find myself in that situation. But back then? Sadly I wouldn’t have. Especially if I were irritated, wasted and tired and my drunk friend was acting dumb—and maybe even an argument was in play. I have to look at their actions from that night as a young, wasted person and not the forty-something wife/mom who frequents WS that I am today. Lol.

there are several hotels around Easton, and you can check in anytime you would like. I remember in the beginning of this case, brittany said they had given Schon a key to the room since he was spending the night. I think it was on the first podcast. Also, since they had already been taking ubers this evening I think it is strange that he wouldn't just take another one home. Why drive? Weird. There's a lot of things about Tyler's disappearance that don't add up to me but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean anything nefarious happened.

I could be wrong but I don’t think she said he was spending the night I think she said in case he needed to get back into the room, but like I said could be wrong. I thought the same thing but now that I think back I’m gonna try to find her interview and see what she actually said.

Last edited:
Very true, but I don’t think and I could be wrong that he could have got a room at 4 am. Check out is usually around 11 am and he prob didn’t want to pay that much to sleep for a few hours even if he could. He had his car there so he prob just thought it best to leave but that fact he was drinking made it a bad idea.
Oh yes you can get a room at any time, and you can also request a late checkout - most places don't charge extra, but some might a small fee.

If Schon drove home himself after a night of drinking, that's a DIU to begin with. So I can understand the lawyer.
They wouldn't arrest him after the fact for a DUI. He wouldn't need a lawyer- unless he was pulled over that night and we didn't know about it, he has no worries there. nothing has ever been mentioned of him being pulled over after Tyler went missing.

He's seeing a lawyer for something else.

Ok so I just called the Hilton here’s some info. If I walked in there at 4 am you are correct I can get a room. Late check is something that the am crew has to determine so regular check out is noon but I’d have to call the desk after 7 am to know if I could get a late check out.

Rooms start at 189 and go to over 300. He said most people come in Friday and stay till Monday but not all. He said room availability is not guaranteed unless I make a reservation. He kept asking me if I wanted to book a room. Lol So just some info.

Ok so I just called the Hilton here’s some info. If I walked in there at 4 am you are correct I can get a room. Late check is something that the am crew has to determine so regular check out is noon but I’d have to call the desk after 7 am to know if I could get a late check out.

Rooms start at 189 and go to over 300. He said most people come in Friday and stay till Monday but not all. He said room availability is not guaranteed unless I make a reservation. He kept asking me if I wanted to book a room. Lol So just some info.
Did you ask if they would rent a room to a person that was visibly intoxicated at 4 am?

Did you ask if they would rent a room to a person that was visibly intoxicated at 4 am?
So long as they weren't violent or rude and just wanted to sleep it off, yes, they would. Far better than having him drive intoxicated on the road. That is, of course, if the hotel has rooms available.

If there was any such poor behavior, the front desk person would call the cops, as you don't want someone with hostile or violent behavior hanging around the hotel.

Also, front desk/night auditors will call other hotels to try and find you a room, if none if available at their hotel. I am a former Night Auditor and Front Desk Manager.

It's been suggested that Tyler's second call to his wife was not really him calling but Brittany calling him as he called her and when she answered Tyler's call this put her call to Tyler on hold. Then as soon as she hung up with Tyler, her phone rang back because she had Tyler on hold on the other line when she called him. The only problem I see with that is she would have to had put Tyler on hold first by making a connection and if so then she would have had no reason to answer his call. If she hung up before Tyler answered it would have been the same as hanging up.

The only other option I can see is if she answered Tyler's call with out hanging up on her call to him, then if it kept ringing his VM would have picked up and when she hung up with Tyler her phone rang and when she answered the silence was just his VM recording a message which would have sounded like silence.

From what I have heard his VM was full so if that was the case would the call get disconnected as soon as the " this voice mail is full" recording? If Brittany was not on the phone that long with Tyler then when her phone rang back it's possible that she got the tail end of that message and that couple seconds of silence was the call disconnecting.

I've been shopping a lot recently around Easton and noticed for the first time a very swampy rugged area that is usually hidden by vegetation. This is on the east side of Sunbury Road across from the soccer fields. I did a double take as I drove by there last weekend as it looks so out of place and the water looks fairly deep and close to the road.

I've been shopping a lot recently around Easton and noticed for the first time a very swampy rugged area that is usually hidden by vegetation. This is on the east side of Sunbury Road across from the soccer fields. I did a double take as I drove by there last weekend as it looks so out of place and the water looks fairly deep and close to the road.
Yes, I've driven by there a lot. It's really kinda creepy just driving by it, and thinking about Tyler. But it's on the opposite side of the whole Easton Mall development from where TD was last seen and recorded on his phone. He was last known to be further east nearer the Interstate. But when men are drunk, they do odd, illogical things, and often end up in bodies of water. I have no idea of the police have searched that body of water. Does anyone else know? It's the body of water to the southeast of the intersection of Morse Rd and Sunbury Rd.

Yes, I've driven by there a lot. It's really kinda creepy just driving by it, and thinking about Tyler. But it's on the opposite side of the whole Easton Mall development from where TD was last seen and recorded on his phone. He was last known to be further east nearer the Interstate. But when men are drunk, they do odd, illogical things, and often end up in bodies of water. I have no idea of the police have searched that body of water. Does anyone else know? It's the body of water to the southeast of the intersection of Morse Rd and Sunbury Rd.
That's exactly the area I was talking about. On an aerial view, it's behind Target up against Sunbury Rd. I have never noticed it before but was stopped in traffic and glanced over and it gave me pause and a creepy feeling.

Yes, thank you for this. I couldn't figure out how to put the streetview on here. Currently, there is no vegetation and it looks so different. This is probably why I've never noticed it before but it is a large, deep looking swampy area. It's about a mile from the Hilton but truly, anything is possible.

Yes, thank you for this. I couldn't figure out how to put the streetview on here. Currently, there is no vegetation and it looks so different. This is probably why I've never noticed it before but it is a large, deep looking swampy area. It's about a mile from the Hilton but truly, anything is possible.
I bet there's all kind of things in there. Creepy. Looks like the perfect spot to 'get rid of something'. Is it deep?

Tyler Davis, 29, and his wife, Brittany, planned a night out for Brittany’s birthday, at a hotel near Easton Town Center, in Columbus, Ohio, about 90 miles away from their home in Wilmington, Ohio. A close friend, who lives in Columbus, came by the hotel to hang out with them. A few hours later, around 8:30 p.m., the three left the hotel to walk around the shopping center. They were out until about 3 a.m. and took an Uber back to the hotel.

Brittany told Dateline that’s when the evening changed. Tyler seemed frustrated and decided to take a walk. Around 4:10 a.m., about one hour after Tyler left for the walk, he called and said he was in a wooded area but that he saw the hotel and he would be back in a few minutes. Brittany said he sounded confused. He called again and then hung up. When she tried to call him back, his phone was off. Tyler didn’t return the next morning, so Brittany called police and filed a missing persons report.

Detectives from Columbus police have conducted multiple searches of the area. Tyler Davis is described as being 5’10” tall, weighing 170 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue and green flannel shirt with blue jeans and black and white Nike shoes. Tyler has a birthmark on his right arm.

Six years of Dateline's Missing in America: 134 still missing

tyler_davis_f85947544ede5b7dd721fdf460e01d5d.fit-360w.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members