OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Discussion in 'Missing Persons Discussion' started by moonriverfarm, Mar 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plo_Koon

Plo_Koon Former Member

It is pretty strange. They didn't even respond to Dateline.

2. SleuthSlothSherlock

SleuthSlothSherlock Member

One strange thing I wanted to ask about. Is it weird BD is “freaking out” so much early on?

Also at 22:07 in part one she states that while Sean called them an Uber one of the girls came out of the strip club to give them a bottle of water. Is this not weird to anyone else? Why did she do that? That’s only been done in my experience if someone in the group is SLOPPY drunk. Is that why she was in the bathroom so long? Was she sick drunk? Or was Tyler? This could explain the freaking out. Maybe everyone was just really drunk.

3. ChickaDee221

ChickaDee221 Well-Known Member

Prior to the DH, she had 6-7 drinks in approx 5 hours. She says at the DH, she was drinking Bahama Mamas. She had 3-4 more drinks. So, 7 hours, max 11 drinks. According to her.
    The take away from this varies person to person.
    But, according to the CDC, that isn't considered binge drinking.
    That's 1.56 drinks per hour.[/QUOTE]

4. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

It is ODD. Is it because he is male and assumed he just left willingly? If they knew he left her are they legally obligated to tell his family? :(

mrstfs likes this.
  5. heather7777

heather7777 Well-Known Member

I saw it and I thought it was interesting too.

Kmr2784 likes this.
  6. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

Just throwing this out there. If anyone is interested in looking at a map of the area of TD's LKN (or any other area) LexisNexis Community Crime Map shows the reported crimes, type of crimes, times & dates and many other options. The general link is below I only see 2 crimes (theft) for Feb 24 & 25 but it gives an idea of crime in that area.
    LexisNexis® Community Crime Map

7. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

I’ve been following this site and true crime for many many years, and I have never ever heard such a detailed account as the one I heard on TCG. Amazing memory and clarity even though she was drunk and up all night.

8. Frupstny

Frupstny Active Member

The men were 29 ot
    Who is watching the baby if they are both working nights? She said how much he had to work to get the weekend off and I think a bartender would be in high demand on the weekend so hard to have one of them home.

mrstfs likes this.
  9. ChickaDee221

New to this site. But, have been listening and reading true crime for a while.
    You're right. So many details. But none surrounding the things that matter most.
    Why was Tyler apologizing so much when he called? According to her, he said sorry at least twice in the few sessions they talked. What was the fight about? She said they argued. Over what? Him being grumpy when he got out of the Uber?

10. ChickaDee221

She is 23.
    She is 23. I can't remember now, but I think I was talking about going to the strip club and being young enough to engage is behavior that we as adults find more questionable now that we're older .

Not implying that going to a strip club is questionable. You do you.
    I am referring to decision that some of us made when we were younger that make us go wtf was I thinking???

11. anonypotomous

anonypotomous Well-Known Member

I’m still stuck on the fact that police weren’t contacted until 1130am. Wtf? Calls everyone BUT the police. I’d be losing my **** and would have called LE ASAP. It was cold and he was drinking. It was a dangerous situation.

Also, WHAT was he doing for 30 minutes
    between the two calls? That’s what I really want to know. How long was the friend with him before he came back alone?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
    StarEyes, Beanpot, ilovematt and 5 others like this.
  12. mrstfs

mrstfs Well-Known Member

Just listening to part 1 of the TCG interview. Did anyone else catch the part around :39 mark when she talks about trying video chat him from Facebook? I though I heard her says “he kinda looks.” Then she quickly corrects herself..

13. ChickaDee221

Imagine this :
    You've been out all night drinking. It's 29°. Cold, and windy. Everyone in your party is at the very least drunk.
    You get back, get dropped off at your hotel, and your spouse is so confused that they don't even know where they're at/ staying. He takes off. After 30 mins... You're freaking out. In the next hour, you start calling the hospitals, and the jails. You call everyone and anyone who might have information. But, you don't call the police and ask them to keep an eye out in Easton for your drunk, disoriented, EXHAUSTED husband. The folks who have trained people out and about all over the place. The folks who drive around all night, who are strategically placed throughout the City to be there maybe questionable activity. The only ones that are probably out and about at 4 am in the 3.5 mile radius he could have traveled.
    I get that the cops aren't going to dispatch every available officer to the area to do a full grid search. But, what they would do, is keep an eye out. You think he maybe passed out on a bench? Guess who will notice someone passed out on a bench at 4 am in Feb... Police.
    I don't know. The more I listen and read, none of this makes sense in real life.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  14. heather7777

heather7777 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I am allowed to post this here or not but I was researching the missing person rayvon davonte mcauley-bowers who recently went missing about two weeks in the early hours of the morning just as TD did. Does it strike anyone like it does me that this person, TD and Joey Labute all have similar features, similar looks to them. Does anyone else agree?

DutchTreat, Osugal and NervousNellie like this.
  15. x_files

x_files Well-Known Member

Brown eyes, brown hair? All males in their 20's?

16. Osugal

Osugal Active Member

I posted that in another group a while back...I too think it seems more than a little coincidental.

heather7777, DutchTreat and x_files like this.
  17. lg2019

lg2019 Active Member

Same with Brian Shaffer. I didn’t realize how much Joey and Brian resemble each other.

18. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

heather7777 likes this.
  19. Andreee

Andreee Well-Known Member

I haven't heard the podcast, but just based on your post here, I have to say that some of the wife's actions/sayings do not seem suspect to me. Re. the separate accounts, my hubby and I have been married 30-plus years with children, and I still have my own little 'mad money' account from when I was a teenager. It is more due to habit and ease than anything nefarious or odd; and just to give me a sense of independence as a housewife, etc.etc. Also, re. the wife's hubby supposedly drinking the rest of her cocktail, my hubby doesn't normally like mixed drinks either, but yet sometimes he would take a swig of mine just to see what it's like lol. As for making random comments like meeting some nice girls, etc. well, perhaps out of nervousness or chattiness in every situation, her usual banter is just due to habit. Also, although my hubby worked at the same place a long time, sometimes the hours of his business would change or were open in some fashion later than when he worked, so I only focussed on when he was finished work, not the actual closing time. I hope your former coworker is found soon! Awful!

20. DutchTreat

DutchTreat Well-Known Member

That is what B says. But we don't know if that is actually true. It might even have been B apologising to Tyler. Whatever the argument was it must have been bad enough for Tylor to walk away, something he had never done before B said.

It's possible Tyler was so hurt or so pissed off that he didn't want to speak to B nor the friend. And that B and the friend were the ones trying to convince Tyler to come back.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.