OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok guys, im new to websleuths, something about this case gets me though, im very interested in missing persons and active investigations. Id be very much interested to see what you guys think ! Also very keen to see what others are saying, but theres 47 pages so far, so will take a while for me to catch up !

After listening to part 1 of the Truce Crime Garage episode 2 key times have got my spidey senses tingling when listening to her account, keep in mind how detailed her account has been the entire time, its almost like shes learned this story until 2 times the captain asked her questions which could have taken her "off script"

Video timestamps included

45:20 the captain asks about her battery and the fact her phone had been nearly dead for seemingly most of the night and she had only 10 mins of extra charge since Tyler went missing and how its surprising its still working at this point - firstly great *advertiser censored* question Captain. Now, listen carefully to her response. I fully believe this is the first time shes been asked or even thought about this specific moment of the case. Her response is extremely vague "yeah it was almost dead" THEN notice what she does, she deflects any chance of being followed up on this by going on another long talk repeating things shes already mentioned. Its what someone might do if they wanted the other person to forget this question. At this point i thought ok maybe this could be down to nerves, but i will listen out if this happens again, sure enough...

54:30 The captain is essentially asking whether the hotel cctv would verify her movements that night, firstly she says she wasnt where the cctv was in the lobby, then the captain clarifys this and hes pretty much asking her if the lobby would still verify the times she said she went back to her room. Then the captain made a slight mistake by offering a small follow up question regarding being on the 4th floor, she sure jumps in to answer this and lets forget about the lobby camera questions. So i would LOVE to know if this footage was ever looked at regarding her timeline.
Im not saying shes guilty of being involved but those 2 parts of the interview do make me a little suspicious.

From her own evidence the only way i can make things fit are 1. He ran away (she has access to joint accounts and has made no inference to accounts being used) 2. He had an accident (yet no body or evidence of accident) 3. He met foul play from a 3rd party (very unlucky to be in wrong place at SUCH a quiet time of night) or 4 aliens ? Or 5...

This is a way I believe she could be involved being consistent with the evidence that she cant fake -

The path for her being involved would be something pre planned between her and the friend, involving drugging drinks of Tyler to get him into this sleepy state, im sure the uber driver has verified that - the friend falling asleep in the uber car would be a nice added touch "oh we were all SO drunk". From there friend takes tyler to his car, friend gives Brittany his own phone so the tracking would see him at the hotel or nearby. While friend is away killing Tyler, she places her own phone next to the side of the hotel where she said she had been waiting - btw why was she waiting at the side of the hotel anyway in the dark? Surely youd wait in lobby or directly outside lobby? BUT if the friend had previously scouted the hotel and seen theres no cameras at the side it makes sense. So she then walks around with her friends phone "looking" for Tyler. Hey presto all GPS evidence is covered.. At some point the friend makes 2 dummy calls to the wife, The friend then returns after "looking" for Tyler picks up his phone from Brittany then leaves for good and at this point had all the time in the world to dispose of a body. Brittany then calls friends etc to be the distraught wife.
After i wrote this i then pondered to myself, ok if that actually happened, why the hell would i go on a podcast? Best answer i have for that is 1. to keep up pretence of being devoted wife 2. Im a murdering pyscho anyway and 3. A plan as exquisite as this if pulled off might be hard for a psycho to not want to revel in it somewhat and show off how clever theyve been and continue to be. Could also explain why she would try to keep the friend out of any media exposure, she feels she can control the narrative but doesnt have confidence in her friend to match her genius and potentially say something dumb and blow it.

**** the above is so dark i hope im wrong and is 100% hypothesis, but are there potential holes in the above ? Also really wondering why would a friend leave while someone is still missing and leaving a woman alone in the middle of the night it makes no sense.

Sorry for length !

*lengthy applause*
I caught the same 2 times on TCG that you did! I was confused and getting bored of all the random details she kept throwing in, but as soon as Captain said those, my ears perked up. Something is off. If it’s something just stupid or embarassing, I wish she’d just admit it so people could refocus. If it’s nefarious, I hope the friend is rolling over on her and has secretly been talking to the police. I have no idea. Until the PD comes forward with info or TD body is found, we’ve no way to know. jmo

Ok...
to follow up my last post I believe theres many key moments over the course of the interview and previous evidence which dont make sense to me. Maybe they will to others, hence the reason im posting.

1. BDs own version of events claimed she was clearly in the frame of mind where she needs help searching, and was panicking, yet this best friend left ?

What, really ? you're just going to peace out right now and she will have to call another friend to come help her to use HIS car to search for Tyler, because "the best friend" has driven off home in his own car ?

This is the same friend who had a keycard to the hotel room, so at worst he could have taken a nap there and still been around to help if required at a moments notice. Also, he and Tyler were supposedly drunk to the point they fell asleep in the Uber just an hour before, so whys he driving home ? Surely the plan all along was for him to have the keycard as they knew theyd be drinking and he could crash at the hotel after the Uber.

Not to mention its claimed "the friend" saw Tyler while searching and then left him again.
Yet, she stands by "the friend" after ALL of this and calls him a good guy, id be FURIOUS, maybe just me ? but I think it would be natural for anyone to be really angry at "the friend" - this was the friend close enough to design their wedding ring too ?

I also have no doubts the Uber driver will verify their story up to the point he dropped them off, both male passengers asleep, she wakes "the friend" up and then they help Tyler out of the car.

2. A camera showed what was at one time believed to be Tyler heading to the hotel. Later on it was discovered it was actually "the friend" who was on this footage.

Pretty simple here, who originally ID`d the footage, did BD or "the friend" ever ID the footage to be that of Tyler ?
I hope they had never mistakenly ID`d "the friend" as Tyler previously.....I guess thats something only LE would know for sure at this point.
But the fact Tylers friends were saying it had been ID`d as Tyler previously suggests its possible someone did ID the person in the footage as Tyler, and who would LE likely ask first to ID this footage ?

3. Lack of camera evidence. Lack of 3rd party sightings

So, other than the camera picking up "the friend" at one point, Tyler himself has essentially vanished into thin air, theres a lot of cameras in the area, it was unfortunate he may have gone into the direction of where the fewest (or maybe even no cameras) were. Just another possible unfortunate event ? They also have no one come forward from the missing flyers to say they saw someone walking around drunkenly that night ? again, unfortunate.

4. Google location services pinged at Ross Park / Abbot labs.
Ive seen people post that the phone pinged here, but I havent noticed (maybe it has been mentioned) that the I-270 travels southbound very close to this building, probably close enough for a phone from a car to ping at Abbot labs.
Is this a possible reason it pinged at this location rather than it pinging from the other side ?
If it was on the other side, there seems to be a large, and i would imagine abandoned car park at that time of day right there.

5. Why did she tell us the story about how she was worried about possibly having her drinks spiked ?

If Tylers body ever turns up with traces of a drug in it though....
She also mentioned an altercation between Tyler and bouncers, would love to know their statements on what Tylers condition was, drunk or more ?

6. In part 2 of the TCG @ 35:20...

she gets very flustered about a question regarding whether her friend could be involved.
"i dont think he had any part in.....I think it was really the wrong time..... wrong situation.....at that time like when we were doing it.. like when all this was happening...." then some garbled speech.

When "we were doing it ?" doing what ? Maybe she mis-spoke, but why so nervous at this point and not to the other questions ? she`d been pretty calm otherwise throughout.

Thoughts welcome !

The argument TD had with bouncers at the Dollhouse has aggravated me ever since I listened to the pod when it dropped. I’ve seen very little mention of it. They wouldn’t even let him back in. They all had to leave. It makes you wonder.

I agree with all of the above.

Also, why risk the security footage being recorded over by waiting hours?

Also front desk people see folks coming and going and know things.

Something's not right. well, clearly... He is still missing

Welp, perhaps you don’t really want anyone to see the security footage. Maybe there’s something on it that shouldn’t have been. So, you wait to tell them and hope that it’s looped around and recorded over it... j/s & jmo

The argument TD had with bouncers at the Dollhouse has aggravated me ever since I listened to the pod when it dropped. I’ve seen very little mention of it. They wouldn’t even let him back in. They all had to leave. It makes you wonder.

I also want to say that she said Tyler finished HER drink at the dollhouse. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though. I can’t remember If I heard that or read it in a comment somewhere. But, if that were the case then her backstory would make sense. She was “afraid” to leave her drink because it could get drugged. I think the friend may have been involved in that, and had Tyler finish it for her while she was away. But then they would have the excuse someone else may have drugged the drink targeting her, if he’s ever found with something in his system, and he went off by himself and had an accident.

I also want to say that she said Tyler finished HER drink at the dollhouse. Someone correct me if I’m wrong though. I can’t remember If I heard that or read it in a comment somewhere. But, if that were the case then her backstory would make sense. She was “afraid” to leave her drink because it could get drugged. I think the friend may have been involved in that, and had Tyler finish it for her while she was away. But then they would have the excuse someone else may have drugged the drink targeting her, if he’s ever found with something in his system, and he went off by himself and had an accident.

Yes, that’s what she said. I’m listening to the TCG episodes again. And she did say the friend’s name at the beginning. I guess they missed blocking it. Listening to this a 2nd time, I’m picking up more on the weird spots: like when Captain mentions the lobby cameras and she deflects any final answer by talking 500mph about 200 different details. By the time she took a breath, I guess they just left it unanswered. Something is definitely being glossed over or left out. It could be something embarassing that wouldn’t make a difference in finding TD, but it makes the story sound shady, so it’s pinging everyone’s bs meters. I only hope that’s it. I think it’s something that WOULD make a difference, and they don’t think anyone can tell. I just hope the PD are on their toes with this one. Tyler deserves to be found. jmo

Yes, that’s what she said. I’m listening to the TCG episodes again. And she did say the friend’s name at the beginning. I guess they missed blocking it. Listening to this a 2nd time, I’m picking up more on the weird spots: like when Captain mentions the lobby cameras and she deflects any final answer by talking 500mph about 200 different details. By the time she took a breath, I guess they just left it unanswered. Something is definitely being glossed over or left out. It could be something embarassing that wouldn’t make a difference in finding TD, but it makes the story sound shady, so it’s pinging everyone’s bs meters. I only hope that’s it. I think it’s something that WOULD make a difference, and they don’t think anyone can tell. I just hope the PD are on their toes with this one. Tyler deserves to be found. jmo

I know it had to be hard for Captain because he is always on top of everyone’s bs, and you can’t call her out in the middle of giving a platform for her missing husband. I am curious as to what their REAL thoughts on this case are. I 100% agree with you, Tyler deserves to be found. He has a small child at home that I’m sure misses him. I just hope it’s a better ending than what i fear is the outcome...

NBC 4 is reporting a body was found in a bag a little over an hour dive from Easton. The police are investigating and the corners office is on scene. The new article isn’t saying anything else at this time. Human remains found in bag by mushroom hunter in Pike County

IF this turns out to be Tyler... “the friend” story I have a feeling is about to be brought to the light since he just up and left BD at the hotel... shady.

At 43:15 in part 2 of TCG, BD says “my personal opinion...I think somebody took him.” She delves straight into a trafficking theory from there. While it’s always a possibility, I’d think it’s a very very very VERY remote one. Either she’s setting it up to be the reason TD is never found, or she’s just desperately clawing at any possible reason Tyler’s gone. If she is completely innocent in this, I feel so awful for her. It could be desperation in trying to figure out where he is. But, if she’s NOT innocent... idek anymore. Ugh. jmo

I know it had to be hard for Captain because he is always on top of everyone’s bs, and you can’t call her out in the middle of giving a platform for her missing husband. I am curious as to what their REAL thoughts on this case are. I 100% agree with you, Tyler deserves to be found. He has a small child at home that I’m sure misses him. I just hope it’s a better ending than what i fear is the outcome...

Me, too. He sounds like a hard working family man. He sounds like he totally adores his little boy. It’s so sad.

Captain IS always straight onto any bs. I love him! He just lays it out there, straight to the point. I’d LOVE to know both their personal opinions, too. I think they might feel the same as many of us do. jmo

NBC 4 is reporting a body was found in a bag a little over an hour dive from Easton. The police are investigating and the corners office is on scene. The new article isn’t saying anything else at this time. Human remains found in bag by mushroom hunter in Pike County

Oh, how awful! Even if it’s not TD, it’s someone’s loved one. I doubt they put themselves into a bag and died. I wish the world wasn’t such a cruel place sometimes. Thanks for posting this!

I believe she actually mentioned it at the beginning of episode 1 with TCG without them catching it, I wanna say it sounded like John but don't hold me to that. Then during the whole podcast interview you could hear a male voice chime in every now and then, but it was never addressed. I know they stated he was getting harassed online, but I feel he knows more.
I have yet to see someone mention that voice in the back and I almost forgot about it. So odd!

How decomposed would a body be at this point though? To even have to test to confirm human remains seems like they would need to be deceased much longer?

In the UID thread, another post says that the coroner declared the remains to be human, on the scene. So, I guess, time to wait and see.

How decomposed would a body be at this point though? To even have to test to confirm human remains seems like they would need to be deceased much longer?
It’s been almost 2 months...if the body has been out in the weather with the warm sunny days it would have swollen and possibly ruptured....so it’s possible.

This convo is going on in another thread as well. In relation to the Pike County murders (Rhoden Family). There is a guy that has been (allegedly) missing since Dec that is related to the alleged murderers.
Unfortunately, I feel like there are so many people that this could be. Considering the number of people missing from small towns in OH.
Now it's a waiting game for DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member