OH - Up for Parole Child Killer... *extremely disturbing*

Prayers for Sara's family and prayers that this is kept locked up for the rest of his life - which I sincerely hope is over soon. Where are all those prisoners that are supposed to be so down on garbage like this? How come this is still alive?

It is ugly to find yourself actually hoping that someone will take this out.... but you know, I just can't help it.

Salem :(

uh huh....and then you ask yourself how does someone who commited a crime like this manage to stay alive in prison as long as he has.

I too think it's a formality. No way is this guy gonna get out.

I can't wait to write to the parole board about this, and to get anybody I know to do so, as well. I think we've all read some pretty gruesome details of various murders here, but this is pretty horrific. Although he was 16 at the time, I'm surprised the police haven't found previous victims (excluding animals). If she was his first victim, I can't imagine what would happen (or will, if he is paroled) to his next.

That pic of him makes me sick! He has a horrid look in his eyes. He MUST NOT be released. In my opinion I am certain he will do it again.

He has a little creep out factor just in photos...but if we didn't know, if he were a free man walking around, I don't know if I would read child killer on him. That's why he needs to stay right where he is, the fact that essentially no one would know unless they looked him up.

ths animal should have been tried as an adult and gotten the death penalty.

not_my_kids--I agree, he doesn't automatically creep me out. I think we read a lot into the photos as we know what he's done. It's totally a personal and visceral reaction and everyone must respect their own instincts. I have this little litmus test I do with mug shots. I imagine how I would react if this person turned around to look at me in the Safeway check-out line. It's absolutely chilling to realize that only a handful of people look evil to me. I just don't think this man would cause me to pull my children closer to me if he spoke to them. Isn't that the most unnerving thought of all?

not_my_kids--I agree, he doesn't automatically creep me out. I think we read a lot into the photos as we know what he's done. It's totally a personal and visceral reaction and everyone must respect their own instincts. I have this little litmus test I do with mug shots. I imagine how I would react if this person turned around to look at me in the Safeway check-out line. It's absolutely chilling to realize that only a handful of people look evil to me. I just don't think this man would cause me to pull my children closer to me if he spoke to them. Isn't that the most unnerving thought of all?

True, although many of these monsters look the part, not all of them are knuckle-dragging, slobbering, wildeyed freaks. That's why they can do what they do. Their outer-shells are deceiving. They work hard to master the artform.

there is no question that there should have been some intervention. We teachers are mandated reporters, as I am sure most of you know. I happen to teach in a city school and we have our share of children who have not had the parental guidance they need to know right from wrong. I happen to be one of the teachers who works with them. Unfortunately, many of our students have not learned what is right and what is wrong; in essence we teachers are giving it our best shot to instill them with that knowledge. It is not easy. As a matter of fact it is very disturbing; I have not had a student I thought capable of murder but we deal with "stealing" anything that is not nailed down. We have a SW full time and she never stops!! In the olden days when I started teaching there were no SW on staff and now it is necessary and we lost a teacher due to funding for the SW. I don't have the answer; but I do know that it starts in the home, for the most part.
I will sign the petition, it does without saying.

Here's a site where you can send letters:

http://www.blockparole.com/

Thank you so much for the link, . I've emailed my protest.

Shafer is one grotesque monster disguised in a human body. I can't believe we have to even discuss the POSSIBILITY of his parole. :furious:

He has a little creep out factor just in photos...but if we didn't know, if he were a free man walking around, I don't know if I would read child killer on him. That's why he needs to stay right where he is, the fact that essentially no one would know unless they looked him up.
(above respectfully bolded by smart blonde)

You are so right, imo... If I didn't know what he was, and what he did, I'm afraid I wouldn't have a negative reaction to him just by looking at him- and that frightens me.

It's the guys like this one, who look so 'average' and 'normal' to me, that scare me the most when I think of them out, walking the streets, or living next door to vulnerable women and children.

Just by looking at him, I wouldn't have a clue.

You know what else frightens me?

It's that he was able to trick Sara's father into trusting him. He was just a neighbor kid, that the Sara's father got to know, and spent some time with. Kevin (Sara's dad) felt comfortable enough to leave his two small children with this monster, and never had reason to imagine what would happen to his daughter.

Given the fact that Billy Jo Shafer admitted to planning this rape and murder for at least a week prior to committing the acts, it scares me senseless.

I just don't understand. He stabbed his younger brother and purportedly tried to kill his mother. He mutilated animals, and was in a satanic cult. And his parents never reported any of this? The teachers never saw any of this? And no one bothered telling this family "Oh, by the way, my son likes to kill animals and is prone to violence so you probably shouldn't use him as a babysitter." How can this child (at 16) go so long without anyone saying anything?

And another thing. Can someone please explain to me why parole is a good thing? Why do we even have it? Shouldn't you just "do your time" if you "do the crime"? Wouldn't that save millions of taxpayer dollars? And where has parole ever gotten us? Other than more crime.

Ok, I read the info on Blockparole.com, and it looks like children's services WAS aware of the problem. And no one did anything about it? He stabbed his younger brother FOUR times and they didn't arrest him and put him in juvenile detention? Why didn't anyone stop this monster YEARS before he killed this baby?

I have experience with the parole board (in Texas.)
Some of you have said you don't believe he will be paroled, and IMO, you are correct. Sentences have built-in parole hearings, and I truly believe this is what is happening.
To make a very long and painful story short, my brother's wife decided she wanted his insurance money, so her boyfriend stabbed him 4 times. While in prison, B/F contacted a hit man to kill him-and sent him to her. I saw the undercover tape. She'd decided by then not only did my brother need killing, but my elderly parents as well. (She thought they had a safe w/valuables.)
BF sentenced to 40 years, she was sentenced to 20. After about 3 or 4, she came up for parole! In Texas, we are not allowed to appear before the parole board-one must write a letter. We have gone through this about 6 or 8 times since 1998. I fully expected them to release her last year, but they didn't. She has, according to the records, been granted 'fairly high status' as an inmate, and having served over 1/2 of her term, I just knew they would let her go.
Write the letters, and give 'em hell. But don't expect them to let him out. They've heard it all and know what to expect from these criminals.
Most of all, keep the faith.

I'm coming in late here but this should be interesting to those who find this situation disgusting.

Link

Arthur Shawcross was arrested in Watertown during 1972 for the deaths of two children. His first victim was 10-year-old Jake Blake. Arthur Shawcross lured Jake Blake into the woods where he then was assaulted and strangled. A few months later Arthur Shawcross then raped and killed Karen Ann Hill, am eight-year-old girl. There wasn't a great deal of evidence available to the prosecutors and Arthur Shawcross was able to negotiate a plea bargain that saw him pleading guilty to the murder of Karen Ann Hill in exchange for the charge of murdering Jake Blake being dropped and the charges relating to the murder of Karen Ann Hill being manslaughter, instead of first-degree murder.

Arthur Shawcross was sentenced to 25 years in prison but only served 15 years and was released on parole in 1987. He moved to Rochester, New York and in March 1988 Arthur Shawcross began murdering prostitutes. In a bit less than two years, Arthur Shawcross killed 11 women.

If he hadn't been released a lot of women would still be alive today.

Here's a synopsis of his serial killing in Rochester.

Here's a Wiki synopsis that includes all of the names of the twelve victims.

I hope this guy never gets out of jail.

I have experience with the parole board (in Texas.)
Some of you have said you don't believe he will be paroled, and IMO, you are correct. Sentences have built-in parole hearings, and I truly believe this is what is happening.
To make a very long and painful story short, my brother's wife decided she wanted his insurance money, so her boyfriend stabbed him 4 times. While in prison, B/F contacted a hit man to kill him-and sent him to her. I saw the undercover tape. She'd decided by then not only did my brother need killing, but my elderly parents as well. (She thought they had a safe w/valuables.)
BF sentenced to 40 years, she was sentenced to 20. After about 3 or 4, she came up for parole! In Texas, we are not allowed to appear before the parole board-one must write a letter. We have gone through this about 6 or 8 times since 1998. I fully expected them to release her last year, but they didn't. She has, according to the records, been granted 'fairly high status' as an inmate, and having served over 1/2 of her term, I just knew they would let her go.
Write the letters, and give 'em hell. But don't expect them to let him out. They've heard it all and know what to expect from these criminals.
Most of all, keep the faith.

Aside from your brother being stabbed four times (hopefully no remaining physical problems because of it.) it sounds like it went the best it could have for now.

That must be a load to carry around on your mind.

Aside from your brother being stabbed four times (hopefully no remaining physical problems because of it.) it sounds like it went the best it could have for now.

That must be a load to carry around on your mind.
Thank you, Steely Dan. We live in constant fear. She wanted his ring finger brought to her (to prove he was dead), and as a result of almost being severed, it doesn't open all the way. Ligaments just damaged too much. Other than that, we were so blessed. The only thing that saved him is that 'waay back in 1998, he had a cell phone and was able to call 911 before he bled out on my parents' garage floor. He'd unlocked the door to his car, put the phone in the car, and was closing the door when he was assaulted. He'd been living w/our parents for about 2 years and was on his way to work that Friday morning, March 13 about 5:30 AM.
And the Asst DA wanted to plea bargainw/this 2-time felon, who was already on probation! He asked if my brother would agree to the previous plea bargain of 2 years for unauthorized use of an ATM card. Uh, no.
But you are right, it turned out the best possible way. Bless you for saying so.
And I LOVE your logo and your slogan!

Somebody tell me WHY this beast has any right to live outside the wall of a prison much less breath the same air we breath.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back