Oh - Violet Rhoden Taylor, 35, found shot, Pike County, 11 June 2018

Well, I don’t know. I’ve tried to reason all day that perhaps this is a suicide but looking at her Facebook page..I won’t buy that until BCI clears the case.

VR’s fb shows repeated posts of her child and her love for him. There’s one post a little further back on the 4th of July where she spoke about her own mother committing suicide and how she would never do that to her own child Violet Taylor

Also, as far as I can tell, VR did not live at the location she was found. IMO, it’s odd for someone to kill them selves on someone else’s property.

I think we just have to wait and see what BCI says. I don’t undersdand why the coroner hasn’t released a preliminary report and said whether or not the gunshot(s) were self inflicted or not either.

I get the impression that LE is trying to keep this under wraps for some reason. That’s just my opinion though.

I'm not sure I'll believe what BCI says, either. It should be the Hamilton Co Medical Examiner and Pike County Coroner who decide, according to law. DeWine ' s office and BCI really rolled over him on the other Rhoden murders, but in the depositions for the Supreme Court case, he seemed like a decent professional. Maybe he will stand up to them this time, because I have a feeling there's going to be more pressure with this one.

Don't be surprised if the AR is witheld from the media again.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I'll believe what BCI says, either. It should be the Hamilton Co Medical Examiner and Pike County Coroner who decide, according to law. DeWine ' s office and BCI really rolled over him on the other Rhoden murders, but in the depositions for the Supreme Court case, he seemed like a decent professional. Maybe he will stand up to them this time, because I have a feeling there's going to be more pressure with this one.

I’m not holding my breathe on that autopsy report being released.

I did find this interesting though. I wish we would stop hearing “no further information is available”. Probably not related an yet another coincidence.

Man wanted in Scioto County killed by SWAT team after shooting in Piketon

I’m not holding my breathe on that autopsy report being released.

I did find this interesting though. I wish we would stop hearing “no further information is available”. Probably not related and yet another coincidence.

Man wanted in Scioto County killed by SWAT team after shooting in Piketon

Last edited:
Well, I don’t know. I’ve tried to reason all day that perhaps this is a suicide but looking at her Facebook page..I won’t buy that until BCI clears the case.

VR’s fb shows repeated posts of her child and her love for him. There’s one post a little further back on the 4th of July where she spoke about her own mother committing suicide and how she would never do that to her own child Violet Taylor

Also, as far as I can tell, VR did not live at the location she was found. IMO, it’s odd for someone to kill them selves on someone else’s property.

I think we just have to wait and see what BCI says. I don’t undersdand why the coroner hasn’t released a preliminary report and said whether or not the gunshot(s) were self inflicted or not either.

I get the impression that LE is trying to keep this under wraps for some reason. That’s just my opinion though.

That sure would not be a first...

“The body of 35-year-old Violet Rhoden Taylor was found in the woods along the 2500 block of Lapperell Road on Monday morning. Her body was sent to Montgomery County for autopsy. As of Friday afternoon, the cause and manner of Taylor's death had not been determined, according to the Pike County Coroner's Office.”

Rhoden cousin's death not linked to 2016 murders

“We can now confirm there is no evidence to indicate that this questioned death is linked to the eight homicides of 2016,” spokeswoman Jill Del Greco said in an email Friday”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wh...2016-slayings/VEirVt9ydJsJDpaNeN7UFN/amp.html
Sorry, Mike, not enough info.

No toxicology report yet
Who found her?
She was found in the woods off the road in a remote, rural area. She was about 8 or 10 miles from her home. Did someone driver her to that wooded area or did she drive there herself?

Re the person who found her - how did they know to look there? Or did they find her body while out hunting or hiking?

When did she die? A month ago, a week, the day before she was found? Had anyone reported her missing? She lived with her young son. Who was taking care of him? Where was he? Who owned the gun that she was killed with? Was she acquainted with anyone who lived in the area where she was found? If so, who? Was there any relation between her death and the couple who disposed of their elderly mother's body in the same area last year?

Can we hear from the Pike County Coroner?

Just a few questions, Mike. TiA.

Sorry, Mike, not enough info.

No toxicology report yet
Who found her?
She was found in the woods off the road in a remote, rural area. She was about 8 or 10 miles from her home. Did someone driver her to that wooded area or did she drive there herself?

Re the person who found her - how did they know to look there? Or did they find her body while out hunting or hiking?

When did she die? A month ago, a week, the day before she was found? Had anyone reported her missing? She lived with her young son. Who was taking care of him? Where was he? Who owned the gun that she was killed with? Was she acquainted with anyone who lived in the area where she was found? If so, who? Was there any relation between her death and the couple who disposed of their elderly mother's body in the same area last year?

Can we hear from the Pike County Coroner?

Just a few questions, Mike. TiA.
I bet we wait...say, oh over 2 two years for any of those answers. Her obituary confirms she lived on grassyfork road. I would really like to know where exactly she was found in relation to where Hayslip’s body was found. There’s a video in one of the articles with the reporter standing on the road outside of a wooded area, but I can’t tell where it’s at.

And how can they be so sure, so quickly her death wasn’t related to all of her cousins’? 2 years and no answers or arrests in that case, but w/in 4 days of VR’s death, they’ve ruled out her death being related to hers. I don’t know what to think.

I bet we wait...say, oh over 2 two years for any of those answers. Her obituary confirms she lived on grassyfork road. I would really like to know where exactly she was found in relation to where Hayslip’s body was found. There’s a video in one of the articles with the reporter standing on the road outside of a wooded area, but I can’t tell where it’s at.

And how can they be so sure, so quickly her death wasn’t related to all of her cousins’? 2 years and no answers or arrests in that case, but w/in 4 days of VR’s death, they’ve ruled out her death being related to hers. I don’t know what to think.

“We don’t know the cause or manner of death, nor do we have toxicology reports, but we can say with certainty her death has nothing to do with those 8 murders we’re unable to solve!”

(Not a real quote. That’s from my imagination.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back