OH OH - William 'Bill' Comeans, 14, Columbus, 7 Jan 1980 - #2

Welcome back to 1980, where the most vague of answers are given and totally disregard for... you name it. Perhaps there is a reason for that? Don't know what it would be. 35 years of waiting for an answer to the most life changing event that could happen to a family. Years of waiting for a 'better' test. Years of being patient. Years of the run around. The last chance effort for testing gets me a quick email stating that the results weren't helpful. Really? Is that all our family is worth... a quick email and an I'll get back with you later?

Oh, nooo... How frustrating this must be for you. I'm really sorry. From your standpoint, any information would be "helpful". I hope he will get back with you very soon with an explanation.

BREAKING

Bill Comeans ‏@BillComeans 35 min.

My death will remain a mystery, but my life, my life will remain a memory. Rejoicing In Paradise.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I fear the DNA test came to nothing ......

The DNA testing gave us nothing to go on. We knew it was a long shot, but we tried. Now Bill's case files go back in the box to be stored away. The case will not be closed; maybe something will turn up. We did all we could do. This mystery was not meant to be solved... and I'm going to choose to be ok with that.

The DNA testing gave us nothing to go on. We knew it was a long shot, but we tried. Now Bill's case files go back in the box to be stored away. The case will not be closed; maybe something will turn up. We did all we could do. This mystery was not meant to be solved... and I'm going to choose to be ok with that.

So sorry to hear this. Sometimes the only closure that you will get is the knowledge that you did your best. I am sure Bill can rest knowing that his family loved him and did all they could for him in life and death.

I have this feeling that Bill's case isn't over yet.
I don't know where it comes from, and I'm not in the business of premonition. But still. My feeling is that this isn't over. There is nothing the family or we at WS can actually DO, so let's be at peace, or OK as KatCo writes and accept that things are out of our hands. IMHO something will come up from a corner when and where we least expect it.

:candle:

I have this feeling that Bill's case isn't over yet.
I don't know where it comes from, and I'm not in the business of premonition. But still. My feeling is that this isn't over. There is nothing the family or we at WS can actually DO, so let's be at peace, or OK as KatCo writes and accept that things are out of our hands. IMHO something will come up from a corner when and where we least expect it.

:candle:

Agree. I know I haven't given up on it. And NO, I am NOT sleuthing unsleuthables. I'm dimply trying to be a voice to a victim.

From the twitteraccount of Bill Comeans:

Bill Comeans ‏@BillComeans

36 years gone, but not forgotten.

BBM

:snowflake: :snowflake: :snowflake:

So much has been written here about that fatal day.... if you are new to this case, do read thread 1 and 2.

Hugs to all the family and friends. KatCo, you rock!

Re-reading some of the more 'recent' posts. It's been 5 months since I talked to the detectives regarding the DNA results, but it seems like forever ago. 36 years have come and gone and in a way, everything is still right where it was like in 1980. Life does go on, for some of us. Make the most of the time you are here. Thanks for all the ideas, thoughts, and input from everyone. :)

Re-reading some of the more 'recent' posts. It's been 5 months since I talked to the detectives regarding the DNA results, but it seems like forever ago. 36 years have come and gone and in a way, everything is still right where it was like in 1980. Life does go on, for some of us. Make the most of the time you are here. Thanks for all the ideas, thoughts, and input from everyone. :)

Back at ya.

Bumping for Bill.

I have the feelings that Bill's school or neighbourhood enemies were involved. Teenagers can be horrible enough to murder or get someone to murder for them. It's also possible a girl could have ordered Bill's death.

Does anyone know if the Franklin County Sheriff ruled out Gary Trudell and Ronald Capeheart? They went to HS with Bill and murdered an elderly woman in the area. They are still in prison.

Gary Trudell is still in prison for the murder of Edith Bridenstine but Ronald Capehart is out apparently, and living in the Columbus area.

It seems like police must have had some suspicion that they had committed the Comeans murder but were too lazy to pursuit it, figuring that the murderers were already incarcerated for another crime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back